Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group F: Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany

Although it confused the heck out of me, I have to say I enjoyed that third place confusion rule.

Now the real fun starts in the knockouts. I'm starting to get a real tournament buzz!

Come on England! (You boring bastards) and failing that Come on Belgium, Wales and Denmark.

Edited by trabuch
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Although it confused the heck out of me, I have to say I enjoyed that third place confusion rule.

Now the real fun starts in the knockouts. I'm starting to get a real tournament buzz!

Come on England! (You boring bastards) and failing that Come on Belgium, Wales and Denmark.

With the exception of Wales, I'm right behind you.

Germany aren't very good nowadays. 

They were knocked out of the last World Cup at the group stage. Lost 6-0 to Spain. Lost at home to North Macedonia. Would have been relegated from the Nations League top group if they hadn't changed the rules. Just scrambled a draw with Hungary. Manager past his sell by date. 

Then again you know Southgate is going to shit himself and play 10 defenders and Harry Kane. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Anorak said:

Did I see Pepe moaning at the keeper for not saving it? 

If you watch it back, Pepe is constantly telling Patricio to dive to his right, the penalty takers left. I assume having played with Benzema he knows which way he'll likely go. Must have indicated it about 10 times, including right before the penalty is taken.

Patricio dives the other way :facepalm:

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Is that mentality? 

My apologies i thought you was talking about the players mentality. I think if Southgate went for it we will win. Germany are not what they used to be. But we all know we will start with 6/7 defensive players on the pitch depending if he goes with a back 4 or 5 and 2 DMs

Germany in qualifications & Early Tournament rounds, are  Never   "as Good es they used to be"

They always seem somewhat lacksidasical, Bit when push comes to shove,their players mental Altitude & Spirit always finds that extra noch & gear.

They Dont Lack any Skill set,und often Play down their own chances....so their fans can talk about wunder-moments,at each positive step...

English always say how Fortunate we are/were and its always.... what shit management...!!!

Joachim Loew...has The Uncanny knack of Proving his doubters wrong...He was & still is a Top coach..His whole tenure He s had Stars & potential Youngsters  struggling, but shown the essential touch,to turn each new era, into rather successful ones...

His last Tournament his squad performances & results were average. but not  really below expectation...!!

Still IMO a Top CV,  underrate  him & his teams at your peril...!!

Southgate..Has got a talented squad,he now has to prove he can use  release & realise that high-potential into a top quality squad....

He has no excuses...its his time to Cough up..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Nalis said:

Sorry but that is bollocks. 

If you throw a punch and catch a player then surely thats dangerous play? No different to going studs up with intent to get the ball but missing it and getting the player

On reflection you are right, I didn’t think of it from that perspective.... too much rum :D

it’s an interesting one though, mostly because the keeper is the only player who can legitimately lead with his hands like that. Mistimed though, you are right. 

3 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

On reflection you are right, I didn’t think of it from that perspective.... too much rum :D

it’s an interesting one though, mostly because the keeper is the only player who can legitimately lead with his hands like that. Mistimed though, you are right. 

Thanks for that, not a lot admit thry've changed their mind on opinions but you do raise an interesting point re goalies.

I'm sure you can return the favour and call out some of the bollocks I post, you wont have to look very hard!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bert said:

lol 

Not sure why that statement was so funny. Germany are actually still capable of putting consistent attacks together of quality. England pass the ball round the defence and back to the goal keeper endlessly. We play two defensive midfielders who’s first thought is to pass it backwards. Southgate will try and get a goal and then cling on for dear life. That’s how I see it panning out but I’m happy to be proved wrong and I hope I am proved wrong.

Theres been about 3 20 minute spells where we’ve looked half decent in this tournament.

Edited by Joefox

1 hour ago, Joefox said:

Not sure why that statement was so funny. Germany are actually still capable of putting consistent attacks together of quality. England pass the ball round the defence and back to the goal keeper endlessly. We play two defensive midfielders who’s first thought is to pass it backwards. Southgate will try and get a goal and then cling on for dear life. That’s how I see it panning out but I’m happy to be proved wrong and I hope I am proved wrong.

Theres been about 3 20 minute spells where we’ve looked half decent in this tournament.

Miles better. Come on. I know it’s the “in” thing to absolutely slate England so you can justify your moans or whatever else. But they’re not miles better at all. 

We must be the only nation whose fans actively look for negativity in anything but will look for any positive they can find in others. It’s absolutely painful. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bert said:

Miles better. Come on. I know it’s the “in” thing to absolutely slate England so you can justify your moans or whatever else. But they’re not miles better at all. 

We must be the only nation whose fans actively look for negativity in anything but will look for any positive they can find in others. It’s absolutely painful. 

Bert, you've surely observed Leicester fans do PRECISELY the same thing domestically on here? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Not really. I’m just being realistic about England’s chances. I’m not moaning I’m just being honest about the quality of our team. I’ve watched both teams and Germany play much better football than us. It’s just what I see. I’d love England to win the tournament and I’ll be supporting them. Everyone is down playing Germany like their some poor team. They always turn up in tournaments in big games.