Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He's his own worse enemy!

I can't forgive his stupidity and unprofessional actions before the vital game against West Ham!..

As far as I'm concerned he and Perez can go and I'm sure the club will replace both with better options!

I really hope the Arsenal rumour is true and we can get an extortionate amount of money out of them!

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I can't forgive his stupidity and unprofessional actions before the vital game against West Ham!..

As far as I'm concerned he and Perez can go and I'm sure the club will replace both with better options!

I really hope the Arsenal rumour is true and we can get an extortionate amount of money out of them!

Arsenal don't seem to the money to splash around these days, I'm delighted to say. 

Just had a quick browse of arse mania. It appears they recently took out a loan from Barclays to pay for transfers (they also took out a COVID related £120m loan from the BofE which can't be used on transfers). One or two are a bit suspicious of the 70m fee being too low considering he's English and our transfer history.

• Like 1

Don't want to see us sell on one of our most creative players this summer, especially when we have a lot of work to do in the market to recruit a creative right winger and a striker. For a 3 month period last season he was one of the best performing no 10s in the league and wouldn't be as easy to replace as some seem to think. 

3 minutes ago, Koke said:

People on here hate Maddison and love Albrighton. Just shows all you have to do is run around and "work hard" whilst contributing barely nothing in goals and assists and you'll get loved. Maddison have contributed far far more than Albrighton in the last 3 years but you wouldn't know that by reading FT.  

True this, always bugs me. Albrighton is a winger - yet his assist stats for the last 4 season have been utter, utter dogshit. He scores a goal, very very occasionally. 'Works hard' though :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Maddison is a very good player. At his best he’s a very important player for us and was proving this before his injury last season.

I actually find the mud slinging at him quite depressing. He’s a young lad. FFS if I was judged on every action and decision I made when I was his age then I don’t think I’d have made it to middle age.

Maddison and Tielemans are literally the only really creative players in our team. We need to be adding to our options - not replacing one of the few players that can unlock a defence. We already need a RM and, ideally, another creative midfielder. Soumare is a CDM.

I wish people would get off their self righteous high horses and give the lad a break 😡 

He's not really a CDM. He's more of a box-to-box.

Maybe I'm wrong but I get the sense him and his other half would be itching to get down to London and be in the "scene" so I can see this happening.  Just depends on agreeing a fee as we hold the cards.

It's a strange one.  Part of me thinks we'd be stupid to sell for any price because he has that star quality not many have in our team, problem is he never recovered from the hip injury last year and was really ineffective at the end of the season when we really needed him.  Either way I think this season will be massive for his career as it could go either way right now, particularly with the unknown of the injury.  

• Like 1

Use the Pepe fee as a reference point, they can take out some more loans if they want him. :D

but really, I think the chances of him leaving this summer are close to zero

Edited by FoxesWalk

Maddison to Arsenal rumour doesn’t worry me in the slightest. Firstly, I don’t think they can actually afford him. Secondly, why on Earth would be want to go? If he does then I wouldn’t stop him ruining his career. 

27 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

True this, always bugs me. Albrighton is a winger - yet his assist stats for the last 4 season have been utter, utter dogshit. He scores a goal, very very occasionally. 'Works hard' though :rolleyes:

Yes and no in my opinion,  as if a winger exists to do only one job (Assist), then yes sure, Marc needs to get more assists. Perhaps though Marc is deployed to be more defensively deliberately, and this does not make him not a winger, just not a winger by your definiton. For all we know, Marc does exactly the job he is deployed to do. :dunno:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Maddison to Arsenal rumour doesn’t worry me in the slightest. Firstly, I don’t think they can actually afford him. Secondly, why on Earth would be want to go? If he does then I wouldn’t stop him ruining his career. 

This 100%! Don't they need to prioritise signing defenders?! I don't get why they would look to spend such a huge chunk of money on one player (who seems to have spent more time in the injury room than out of it last year) when they have so many areas they need to strengthen. 

Well if you read the arsenal forum, apparently money talks as they'll be able to double his wages and he'll be more likely to get into the England side there. Still don't see him going though, I still think one of the big selling point here is the community and togetherness as evidenced by the end of the FA cup final. Something that doesn't just happen over night.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Will you forgive Harvey Barnes when he comes back?

Did you boo Morgan when he lifted the FA Cup with Schmeichel?

I will say once again it was directly AFTER the Man City match.  Yes it was foolish but we all make mistakes.  If you can not forgive that then you must be one lonely person.  

Who would you replace him with?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

People on here hate Maddison and love Albrighton. Just shows all you have to do is run around and "work hard" whilst contributing barely nothing in goals and assists and you'll get loved. Maddison have contributed far far more than Albrighton in the last 3 years but you wouldn't know that by reading FT.  

And the stats prove he has provided more assists and goals than the other comparative English players, but because he is flashy and went to a party he is the one people want rid of for a big fee forgetting we have no one to replace him.

6 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Will you forgive Harvey Barnes when he comes back?

Did you boo Morgan when he lifted the FA Cup with Schmeichel?

I will say once again it was directly AFTER the Man City match.  Yes it was foolish but we all make mistakes.  If you can not forgive that then you must be one lonely person.  

Who would you replace him with?

Barnes and Morgan weren't going to be playing against West Ham were they?

Just now, weller54 said:

So it is ok then?  They are less at fault somehow?

Do you know if it was all Maddisons idea or he was just invited?

Again who do you replace him with?

He needs a season injury free and I can see him shining if he manages it.

If he has another season of injuries then he’ll be another one of these guys who never reached their potential.

He should be out key player but I think his tiny frame can’t take the rigours of premier league football. Needs to get stronger.

22 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Does it matter ? Morgan is/was club captain. If you're going to continue to hold them accountable, you have hold ALL of them accountable. Picking and choosing confirms the original point. He gets more slack then others and god knows why. 

• Like 1