Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Germany Tues 29/06/21 17:00 Wembley

11 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yeah that's just what I said I hate my country and piss on the flag every day nice relevant response duhhhhhhh. Sorry for not getting completely carried away and thinking we've done the deal after beating one poor overrated side.

This is what I suffer from. I don't hate the England national side, but I don't love them (or a large portion of their fanbase) as much as I do my club (or ours). So I'm less tolerant of negative tactics and excessive celebrations - it's great to beat Germany in a tournament, but I'm still not sold. We've got a fair way to go, and we will need our best players on the pitch if we are going to win it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You won't catch me moaning after that tonight, take it for what it is its one of the glory nights. Its the first time we've beaten a major nation in knockout football inside 90 minutes in 55 bastard years. Its extraordinary. It was a very well planned and thought out job and I'll respect it. Go on the lads.

Football fans are emotional beings though, we love the game because we are searching for those feelings of pure euphoria and excitement. The obvious way we might get that is watching gifted footballers on the ball, whether that's just not possible is another matter it won't ever make the natural reaction be anything other than disappointed when all the geniuses are on the bench. But as I say, I respect what they have done tonight and I think we will go all the way to the final.

Southgate seems to get international football, I struggle with my emotions as its a peculiar existence being an international manager. He's made for it though. Do what you've got to do Garry.

I think Southgate is a very lucky manager. And I'm not knocking that. 

• Like 3

It's such fine margins at this level. Germany were poor (although I'll give Southgate and the team some credit for making them look poor). Yet if either Werner or Muller take their one-on-ones as they should have then Southgate would be getting annihilated by everyone on here. I think we'll likely get to the final now but I still think we'll need to play much better than we have so far, particularly in attack, to beat whichever team comes out of the other half.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

Just now, Walkers said:

Are you still here trying to put a negative spin on everything?

I don't need to try.

We won a game. With an ok performance. Against a poor team (but they used to be good, so we must celebrate)

If and when we lose in the next 2 rounds, let's see the reaction.

Everyone moaning about Southgate in the group stages and the first hour tonight, win one game and all is forgiven.

I'd like that cvnt out so I can get some enthusiasm back for my country.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You won't catch me moaning after that tonight, take it for what it is its one of the glory nights. Its the first time we've beaten a major nation in knockout football inside 90 minutes in 55 bastard years. Its extraordinary. It was a very well planned and thought out job and I'll respect it. Go on the lads.

Football fans are emotional beings though, we love the game because we are searching for those feelings of pure euphoria and excitement. The obvious way we might get that is watching gifted footballers on the ball, whether that's just not possible is another matter it won't ever make the natural reaction be anything other than disappointed when all the geniuses are on the bench. But as I say, I respect what they have done tonight and I think we will go all the way to the final.

Southgate seems to get international football, I struggle with my emotions as its a peculiar existence being an international manager. He's made for it though. Do what you've got to do Garry.

Narrator: England went on to lose 2-0 in the quarter finals

• Haha 3

Just now, tom27111 said:

I don't need to try.

We won a game. With an ok performance. Against a poor team (but they used to be good, so we must celebrate)

Everyone moaning about Southgate in the group stages and the first hour tonight, win one game and all is forgiven.

You know you can wait for the losses to actually happen before you get sad about them? And that enthusiasm for your national team is possible whatever the manager? Try and celebrate this evening - you might enjoy yourself!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't need to try.

Well you sound enthusiasticly depressing atleast. Have a nice Saturday night anyway, i'm sure you'll find something else to watch on TV

33 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

But surely the is no middle ground now?

If England lose to Sweden/Ukraine/Czech Republic/Denmark, won't that be seen as failure?

Pundits have said if you could pick a route to the final, that would be it.

I would expect any of those sides to give us a difficult, awkward game, but yes, it would be disappointing to go out to one of them. It would also be, in my eyes, a decent showing if we were to bow out in the quarters and a pretty good one if we were to do so in the semis. Much in the same way the past two Leicester seasons have been hugely frustrating in one sense because we've wasted a couple of huge opportunities for Champions League football, but very pleasing in another because we are continuing to challenge for those places in difficult circumstances. Success and failure, you see?

Also, I'll happily join the queue of people who don't have any idea about what Southgate hypothetically being linked to a hypothetical vacancy at Leicester has to do with anything.

• Like 1

Just now, Walkers said:

Well you sound enthusiasticly depressing atleast. Have a nice Saturday night anyway, i'm sure you'll find something else to watch on TV

I'm having a weekend away in London, so I won't have any interest in watching the match or keeping my eye on the score :thumbup:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't need to try.

116 123

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Just want to say i know nothing about football and aplogise for destroying Southgate for his selections .. the bloke is a genius and can have another 2 years if he wants .. fair play to him for sticking to his guns .. its coming home!!!

Brilliant.

I stopped reading after that..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1