Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

7 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Come on Kasper :schmike:

England haven't played anyone half decent yet.. The German side were the worst they've put out in living memory and playing Ukraine was equivalent to us playing the likes of Doncaster in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Hope Kasper's Boys stuff this over hyped England team!

Edited by weller54
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

England haven't played anyone half decent yet.. The German side were the worst they've put out in living memory and playing Ukraine was equivalent to us playing the likes of Doncaster in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Your right I'm afraid bit people wont like it!

THIS game will show what England really have.

The Danes will think their name is on the trophy after the Eriksson  incident.

They seem to have had a "12th" man spiritual feel to them.since that game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

I'd love to see Kasper lift the trophy rather than that Horse faced tw*t...My loyalty is with our Captain and Goalkeeper, a true LCFC Legend.

LOL..YOU are gonna get SO much sh1t for that I'm clearing off foxestalk for the day!!!!

You have  just set off a bomb!!!

Good luck pal🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Rory Smith (@RorySmith) Tweeted: The amount of adoration for Jack Grealish - who is, don’t get me wrong, an excellent player - is a bit unusual. I think it’s not just about how good he is. I think it’s about what he does, and doesn’t, represent, too.

https://t.co/PEJisD2N5E

didn't know where to put this but an excellent article - grealish is good but so are the rest of them, I've always struggled to put my finger on the hype but this explains a lot.

I'm personally not convinced by that article, or maybe it's just not how I perceive him anyway.

I think it genuinely just comes down to his qualities on the pitch and people wanting more creativity in the team and not a lot more.

The whole part about 'image' I'd argue is more of a negative, he jut pulls it off because of his talent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I'm personally not convinced by that article, or maybe it's just not how I perceive him anyway.

I think it genuinely just comes down to his qualities on the pitch and people wanting more creativity in the team and not a lot more.

The whole part about 'image' I'd argue is more of a negative, he jut pulls it off because of his talent.

Hes not better than Sancho, Sterling, Foden or Mount. Hes up there, sure. But he's been hyped up beyond belief. Southgate knows that and he's using him perfectly thus far. Heard all sorts of nonsense about him this tournament.

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Ah ok, my TV was listing it as on both.

Shame.

TV probably not been updated .

I know the TV  magazine guides obviously don’t have an update to date schedule so no doubt some will be on Twitter asking “Where is Corrie “!?

You guys look scary. The reason, you haven't beat anyone decent yet is because you make everyone look rubbish with your controlled and clinical masterclass every game. Yeah, you are not very exciting to watch, but you are a machine built to win. 

I won't give my danish heroes many chances on a roaring Wembley and understand why you lot feel rather comfortable. But football is football, so there is always a chance we can shithouse you with a Schmeichel blinder and a Pickford brainfart. ;)

But if you boo our national anthem, we will have issues.....

• Like 2

This will be tough. The Danes have gone beyond the emotion carrying them and look a very good outfit, even without their best player, plus we all know what Kasper is like in big matches.

Being at Wembley should help but the pressure is huge, I think England will narrowly get through.

Somehow England are ranked 4th in fifa rankings.

They are the highest ranked team left in the tournament. 

Sooner the expectations will take a hold and people cant just keep saying success is getting out of group stages

That's when the real teams can handle the pressure and win things

Never like England playing Scandinavian teams. Princess Diana, Winston Churchill  etc (over 45s will understand the reference)

They seem all to pump themselves into a frenzy when playing us and always have some kind of bogeyman, like that baby faced cnut who played garbage for Leeds in the end. 

37 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

You guys look scary. The reason, you haven't beat anyone decent yet is because you make everyone look rubbish with your controlled and clinical masterclass every game. Yeah, you are not very exciting to watch, but you are a machine built to win. 

I won't give my danish heroes many chances on a roaring Wembley and understand why you lot feel rather comfortable. But football is football, so there is always a chance we can shithouse you with a Schmeichel blinder and a Pickford brainfart. ;)

But if you boo our national anthem, we will have issues.....

Prepare for issues then because it's happening. lol

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

When you say anyone decent what you mean is one of the big nations don't you really. And you're not counting Germany as they are soo poor although the 2000-2004 Germany were worse in my eyes. Yes they got to the world cup final in 2002 but they beat Paraguay USA and South Korea to reach the final. And they didn't get out of the groups in the euros in 2000 or 2004.

Who else has played all these decent teams may I ask? 

Italy are favourites in my mind but you could level the same criticism of England to them. They have only played Belgium who seem to have that England 'golden generation' failure mentality to them. 

Czech Republic are no good I take it? Even tho they beat Netherlands and got further then France.

Spain haven't beat anyone decent yet either. I take it they are overhyped aswell?

The haven't played any one decent argument is the same kinda shit other teams have said about Leicester winning the league etc. It's all bullshit

7 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

What an occasion this will be. We looked jaded in the second half against the Czechs tonight, although I think the heat is a factor that must be considered. 

England are a good side. Beating anyone 4-0 in the knockouts is impressive, even though Ukraine were poor. Getting to the semis without conceding a goal is even more impressive. There’s no doubt that you guys will be the favourites here. I just hope we leave it all out there, Kasper plays a blinder and we nick a goal somehow. 

I absolutely can’t wait! Oh, and if anyone on here is going, don’t fvcking boo our national anthem 😉

Yeah however much we want to beat the opposition, and boy do we.  Booing the National anthem of the opposition is knobheaded AND makes the country & its fans fulfil Europeans view that we are little Englanders, boorish & stupid.

Do the biz on the field, get caught up in the game, love the fact we won & the feel good afters, but don’t be dicks & disrespect the opposition or it will come back & May even motivate them!!

• Like 1

It will be a tough game, I just think Soutjgate has rotated so well to now that tiredness shouldn't be a factor compared to the sheer mental journey thr Danish team have been on. I'm sure they'll still be relentless in trying to win on Wednesday but we ought to have another gear to go up and the 5 subs could be a huge advantage.

I thought Sancho was mediocre last night and if there's one position that is up for grabs at the minute it's that one. The rest of the team picks itself right now. Mount was another that could be questioned but Southgate loves him and he did well last night.

If Saka is fit it'll be him on Sancho but if not then likely same again. Foden has become the forgotten man, but the squad is that good its easy to happen and not that much of a scandal. 

What a time to be a fan of England. 

• Like 2

Denmark actually had our number in the Nations League 'friendlies', 0-0 in Copenhagen before they won 1-0 at Wembley and looked pretty comfortable to be honest. England are in better form right now though. I think it'll be a very interesting game with 1 goal in it either way. 

Guest StevieLynex
4 hours ago, weller54 said:

If you use the current FIFA rankings, take into account the teams we have played in the tournament , and then average out their FIFA rankings, we have played someone like Poland thus far. To be fair, we would expect to beat them

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

I'd love to see Kasper lift the trophy rather than that Horse faced tw*t...My loyalty is with our Captain and Goalkeeper, a true LCFC Legend.

But Denmark have 'Spuds' representation, how would you feel if a Spuds player won the Euros?