Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

Quite a change in tone around here about the Waistcoat and his team.  And who can blame you.  If I were in your shoes, I’d be on board.

So I’m sure you won’t blame the neutrals if we stick with Kasper and plucky Denmark.  And express skepticism about your progress to date through an easy draw, mostly in front of home crowds.

England played                 KiddieCars.JPG.5ceb565a2d3bef70aa4004fe92992aaf.JPG

- Denmark (10th FIFA)

- Germany (12th)

- Croatia  (14th)

- Ukraine (24th)

- Czech Republic (40th)

- Scotland  (44th)

England avoided               F1.JPG.3e3123777c506657b3e0d76264d8fb01.JPG

- Belgium (1st)

- France (2nd)

- Portugal (5th)

- Spain (6th)

- Switzerland (13th)

- Netherlands (16th)

- Wales (17th)

- Sweden (18th)

if Southgate can shift you off that kiddie track, you may well win this trophy.  But if you do, remember he’s got a 10 year contract attached to it …

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

lol

England avoided.....Wales.

Wow, that was real lucky.

17 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Quite a change in tone around here about the Waistcoat and his team.  And who can blame you.  If I were in your shoes, I’d be on board.

So I’m sure you won’t blame the neutrals if we stick with Kasper and plucky Denmark.  And express skepticism about your progress to date through an easy draw, mostly in front of home crowds.

England played                 KiddieCars.JPG.5ceb565a2d3bef70aa4004fe92992aaf.JPG

- Denmark (10th FIFA)

- Germany (12th)

- Croatia  (14th)

- Ukraine (24th)

- Czech Republic (40th)

- Scotland  (44th)

- Belgium (1st)

- France (2nd)

- Portugal (5th)

- Spain (6th)

- Switzerland (13th)

- Netherlands (16th)

- Wales (17th)

- Sweden (18th)

if Southgate can shift you off that kiddie track, you may well win this trophy.  But if you do, remember he’s got a 10 year contract attached to it …

Exactly that, how can you quote fifa rankings as to why we are lucky, can only beat whoever is infront of you plus the fact France for example didn’t play well in one game this euros so what would suggest they would beat England?

• Like 1

This avoided nonsense is rubbish, we can’t help Spain didn’t top their group and Netherlands lost to Czech Republic. besides no-one mentions Spain’s route, yet they couldn’t even top their group. Portugal also only managed third behind Germany and they were thrashed by Germany  

Before the tournament started people were saying we would be out in the next round if we topped the group? Didn’t happen… Germany would beat us didn’t happen, Ukraine could beat us, they were thrashed… we topped the group if everyone else is failing that isn’t our problem 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 4

Well if we're using the FIFA rankings as the barometer for how good teams are then we'd have had no problems with all but two of those anyway because we're ranked 4th. In some ways I suppose it is a shame we didn't have the opportunity to test our might against Wales, Sweden or Frank de Boer's outstanding Netherlands and lend our campaign some much-needed legitimacy.

WIth regards to how insufferable large portions of the English fanbase/media are, I agree completely and it's one of the things that prevents me getting particularly invested in England. It puts me off and I'm from here so I dread to think how irritating it must be to the rest of the world. You'd have thought Rio would have learned to stop acting big in front of the lads after the Scotland game but apparently not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I'm having deja vu, I'm sure I remember seeing this sort level of arrogance before from the English football community in the build up to a knock out game against a Nordic side? 

Listening to most pundits(Rio Ferdinand  especially) it's a done deal and the trophy is already sitting un the cabinet at Wembley.

Most fans think today's a done deal and the Danes are just going to be a walk o er and Italy will obey be too tired on Sunday!!!

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You absolutely are the better team and are certainly the favourites. 

But some of the certainty with which people think you're going to win, from pundits to social media to the press, it's getting a tad on the arrogant side. Rio just been going off live on the BBC about how England are going to smash Italy ffs. 

I mean as fans of perennial under dogs in here we should be able to appreciate how no game of football is cut and dry. Folk in here get out raged at being written off by Arsenal, Tottenham, United etc fans. 

A lot of the same attitude being thrown dismissively at Denmark.

The thing is it’s not everyone. Some people just can’t find the line between confident and arrogant. Most England fans know this isn’t going to be any kind of walkover but on the same page it’s our greatest chance of reaching a major European final since our last one. 

Compare the teams form from the start of the tournament, add in that we’ll have 50,000 backing us.

We’ve absolutely no right to win the game but some people need to start putting a bit of respect on this teams name 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

- Denmark (10th FIFA)

- Germany (12th)

- Croatia  (14th)

- Ukraine (24th)

- Czech Republic (40th)

- Scotland  (44th)

- Belgium (1st)

- France (2nd)

- Portugal (5th)

- Spain (6th)

- Switzerland (13th)

- Netherlands (16th)

- Wales (17th)

- Sweden (18th)

https://youtu.be/RsYi2VH2y6U

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

- Denmark (10th FIFA)

- Germany (12th)

- Croatia  (14th)

- Ukraine (24th)

- Czech Republic (40th)

- Scotland  (44th)

- Belgium (1st)

- France (2nd)

- Portugal (5th)

- Spain (6th)

- Switzerland (13th)

- Netherlands (16th)

- Wales (17th)

- Sweden (18th)

I'm sorry but using world rankings as the sole barometer is oversimplified it a bit as football isnt played on paper.

For example, Germany beat Portugal, Ukraine beat Sweden and, Czech Republic beat the Netherlands

Yes, England have had an easier run than Italy (bar Italy's piss easy group) but the gap isnt as huge as you suggest.

As for tonight I reckon a close game, 2-1 England though a Denmark win wouldnt be a surprise to most.

England played Denmark twice just last year, we lost one and drew one. They aren’t some plucky under dog even if we want to believe it; they won the Euros, we haven’t (not that this really matters). The actual edge for England here isn’t much more than a coin flip. It’s a tougher game than Germany and our hardest so far, Italy will be harder again should we make it there.  

Also, please stop using FIFA rankings, they’re pretty meaningless. You can fall down it for winning games if you are playing in the wrong type of game. Historically Germany are a bigger club than Denmark, sure, but this team doesn’t have Beckenbauer or Ballack and co. Denmark are currently the better football team because they have top flight players in every position and are better coached/organised than almost every other international team. In this particular tournament their togetherness is also unmatched, due to almost tragic circumstances.

Edited by FoxesWalk

12 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I mean he's spot on to be fair. Sick of hearing the bloody phrase lol

If we're being really picky about that phrase it simply means the fact that a big tournament is being staged in England (which it was in 96). So actually, football has already come home as Wembley hosted all but one England game and the semis and final. Job done in that sense.

Of course, some other nations might argue about where football's "home" is.

What will England fans sing in Qatar/Germany when they are European champions? "It's staying home"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

If we're being really picky about that phrase it simply means the fact that a big tournament is being staged in England (which it was in 96). So actually, football has already come home as Wembley hosted all but one England game and the semis and final. Job done in that sense.

Of course, some other nations might argue about where football's "home" is.

What will England fans sing in Qatar/Germany when they are European champions? "It's staying home"?

If Badiel and Skinner had just been a bit less cryptic with their lyrics this could all be avoided lol

Always the same with these creative types 

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Exactly that, how can you quote fifa rankings as to why we are lucky, can only beat whoever is infront of you plus the fact France for example didn’t play well in one game this euros so what would suggest they would beat England?

8 hours ago, Langston said:

We also were lucky to avoid Sweden, apparently - a side who were knocked out by the lads we just pumped.

Exactly.

We may or may not beat Denmark, but the consistent clamour to underplay anything England do from non England supporters is laughable.

I think it's 60/40, due to home advantage, that's about it, it's a semi final ffs. If some people want to enjoy themselves and go a bit over the top, what's the problem for others? Of course, non England supporters on here (in the main) are desperate for England to fail.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

- Denmark (10th FIFA)

- Germany (12th)

- Croatia  (14th)

- Ukraine (24th)

- Czech Republic (40th)

- Scotland  (44th)

- Belgium (1st)

- France (2nd)

- Portugal (5th)

- Spain (6th)

- Switzerland (13th)

- Netherlands (16th)

- Wales (17th)

- Sweden (18th)

We didn't avoid anyone it's not like it was our choice, we played germany in the last 16 we played croatia who took spain right to the wire.

By your logic denmark have played 1 good team the whole tournament and they got beat while only just getting over the line vs the czech's who we beat comfortably, it's really easy to play stuff down and be Mr negative.

• Like 1

Even as a Scotsman, I don't buy into the whole "Well they've managed to avoid anyone good" narrative. Yes, the path has opened up for them but they still have to beat what's in front of them and that has included some handy teams who they've got past without conceding a single goal. Plenty of the big teams have struggled against so called lesser nations. 

I'm not going to pretend that I wouldn't have been supporting Denmark anyway but they were my outside pick as dark horses before the tournament and I would like to be proven right. Add in the Kasper factor and what happened in their first game and its a no brainer that they will have the neutral fan behind them. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear
  • Like 1