Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

14 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's not, the England semi final is solely on ITV.

(The final will be on both)

Odd, this, because on BBC iPlayer it has Lineker introducing live coverage of the game - although still called “semi-final 2”.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQ5ZNTfDk1L/?utm_medium=copy_link

A snippet of the brilliant scenes that took place in my hometown of Aarhus last night. And I imagine it was even bigger in Copenhagen. The support and love for this Danish team over here is incredible. I’ve never seen anything like it and it’s as if the Eriksen incident has united the entire country. It’s a real shame that none of the fans are allowed to go to Wembley because of the incompetence of Boris and his gang. Very convenient for England though, I guess 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, VinceNoir said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQ5ZNTfDk1L/?utm_medium=copy_link

A snippet of the brilliant scenes that took place in my hometown of Aarhus last night. And I imagine it was even bigger in Copenhagen. The support and love for this Danish team over here is incredible. I’ve never seen anything like it and it’s as if the Eriksen incident has united the entire country. It’s a real shame that none of the fans are allowed to go to Wembley because of the incompetence of Boris and his gang. Very convenient for England though, I guess 😉

Is there much of a Danish expat community in England?

When international tournaments are on, it always surprises me to see the range of international shirts when I lived in London. For example, for the size and location of the country there are a ridiculous amount of Colombian shirts on show their during World Cups and Copa Americas campaigns.

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Is there much of a Danish expat community in England?

When international tournaments are on, it always surprises me to see the range of international shirts when I lived in London. For example, for the size and location of the country there are a ridiculous amount of Colombian shirts on show their during World Cups and Copa Americas campaigns.

I think there’s a lot in London, yes. Apparently there’s 30K Danes living in the UK and they’re the only ones who will qualify for tickets for this. We’ve been allocated 5K, so I hope and expect them to be sold out :) It’ll be tough to drown out the noise of the rest of the stadium, but I’m sure they’ll give it a go.

1 minute ago, VinceNoir said:

I think there’s a lot in London, yes. Apparently there’s 30K Danes living in the UK and they’re the only ones who will qualify for tickets for this. We’ve been allocated 5K, so I hope and expect them to be sold out :) It’ll be tough to drown out the noise of the rest of the stadium, but I’m sure they’ll give it a go.

Yeah reckon local Danes will try to get a ticket and sell out the allocation. Biggest game since the 1992 final I'd think.

11 hours ago, Lionator said:

Denmark actually had our number in the Nations League 'friendlies', 0-0 in Copenhagen before they won 1-0 at Wembley and looked pretty comfortable to be honest. England are in better form right now though. I think it'll be a very interesting game with 1 goal in it either way. 

There were also 0 spectators in those games. Eriksen has been the key against England in a few of our recent meetings. Will be a great occasion. I feel an England win coming - the Danes have achieved their goal and they are already viewed as heroes. Nobody will truly feel disappointed if they lost the game, because they've already won the people's hearts.

It's all perfectly lined up for an England final and I don't see them slipping up  now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, shen said:

There were also 0 spectators in those games. Eriksen has been the key against England in a few of our recent meetings. Will be a great occasion. I feel an England win coming - the Danes have achieved their goal and they are already viewed as heroes. Nobody will truly feel disappointed if they lost the game, because they've already won the people's hearts.

It's all perfectly lined up for an England final and I don't see them slipping up  now

Have you ever watched England play in a tournament before? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Lionator said:

Denmark actually had our number in the Nations League 'friendlies', 0-0 in Copenhagen before they won 1-0 at Wembley and looked pretty comfortable to be honest. England are in better form right now though. I think it'll be a very interesting game with 1 goal in it either way. 

Bare in mind we were down to ten men for most of the game after Eriksen scored from a penalty for them. We have to be confident of besting Denmark, they’re a well drilled side and very solid but why shouldn’t we be confident to win?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Bare in mind we were down to ten men for most of the game after Eriksen scored from a penalty for them. We have to be confident of besting Denmark, they’re a well drilled side and very solid but why shouldn’t we be confident to win?

We should be confident. We are a better team than Denmark. I think the England team are a lot more confident in a win than the England fans. I’ll be surprised if we don’t make the final 

21 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Strange? Think you may have your countries mixed up mate.

Would you stop eating bacon if Sweden beat us in the future?

Not being funny but who eats Danish bacon when there is perfectly good British bacon around, it has fewer miles to travel and we treat the pigs better.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shen said:

I also think in the 1-0 home win nobody is mentioning that Maguire was sent off in the 1st half an hour, that had a massive effect, we would have won that game with 11.

Hopefully this time we can keep 11 on the pitch and the fan numbers and noise I think will have a real impact on both games now.

Expect England to beat Denmark by 1 or 2 goals but this will be the best team we have played so far in Euro 2020.  But we are hitting form and importantly confidence now.

I don't believe this is as good a team as Croatia in 2018 and certainly not W Germany in 1990 or Germany in 1996. 

We might lose in the final, but I absolutely think this is a game we should and will win, at home in front of a 85/90% English crowd going mental!!!

The final I literally think it will be 50/50, wouldn't like to call it.

Obviously I've just found I'm part Danish miraculously over the last few days and will be passionately cheering on my people, who coincidentally happen to be playing England (have I ever mentioned my Italio-Spanish gran?) 

But I can't see past an England win. 

Wales and Ukraine were both absolutely dreadful, wide open and there to be taken apart. One thing we can pretty much guarantee about England is they'll be solid, well organised and not give much away. 

Think this will be where Denmark really start to feel the absence of Eriksen. 

If it all comes down to two well organised, solid sides needing their stars to pull out a match winning moment - just think England have a few more of those. 

1-0 Sterling looks like a safe bet. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Obviously I've just l found I'm part Danish miraculously over the last few days and will be passionately cheering on my people, who coincidentally happen to be playing England (have I ever mentioned my Italio-Spanish gran?) 

Wales and Ukraine were both absolutely dreadful, wide open and there to be taken apart. One thing we can pretty much guarantee about England is they'll be solid, well organised and not give much away. 

If it all comes down to two well organised, solid sides needing their stars to pull out a match winning moment - just think England have a few more of those. 

You've always said you wanted a bit of viking in you

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Obviously I've just l found I'm part Danish miraculously over the last few days and will be passionately cheering on my people, who coincidentally happen to be playing England (have I ever mentioned my Italio-Spanish gran?) 

This is pretty much how I see it going. Barring Denmark scoring a worldie or two or us getting a dodgy red. I can't see any way in which we don't have the edge in this game.

Then I'm fairly confident we'll lose to Italy in the final. They look a much better outfit than Spain and I don't think it'll even be close. Then in the final, I don't expect it'll be a great spectacle but I think Italy will have the edge over us.