Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

England v Denmark Weds 07/07/21 20:00

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Lets have some fun....attack..attack attack

Pickford  

James     Stones.   Maguire

Sancho .       Mount Grealish .    Shaw 

Saka      Kane.      Sterling

Potential new name for Scafell Pike when we win the Euros? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This will be an enthralling game on home soil, there really isn't a better opportunity for us. Therefore I've had a Gazza and bleached my hair.

You mean a Foden?

2 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

It’s a joke of a question to be fair. Journo is interviewing a Danish player, yet asks him about a potential Danish win within the context of an English loss. Why would Kasper care about England? He’s only bothered about what it means for his own country. Modric really was spot on about the English media. 

Journalist questions are usually crap in general and that question got the treatment it deserved. I remember a press conference for a tournament where Chris Smalling was there. As the youngest squad member he had to look after  a cuddly toy lion. Bit of fun within the squad but not exactly side splitting craic. Anyway, the journos must have asked about 5 or 6 pointless questions about it and he ended up having to politely change the subject as it was getting tedious. 

I mean, they are interviewing a player at an international tournament, there must be hundreds of possible interesting questions to ask to spark an insightful reaponse rather than that shite.

Edited by Nalis

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm having deja vu, I'm sure I remember seeing this sort level of arrogance before from the English football community in the build up to a knock out game against a Nordic side? 

Don’t know what this team has to do with the one that lost in euro 2016, they have already proven to be a much better side. Denmark are going to be tough though, but I’m confident because we have the better side. Of course that never means we will win though, but it is the best we have been in a while 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm having deja vu, I'm sure I remember seeing this sort level of arrogance before from the English football community in the build up to a knock out game against a Nordic side? 

I know the feeling.

Felt like I was the only England fan feeling level-headed prior to that game..

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Don’t know what this team has to do with the one that lost in euro 2016, they have already proven to be a much better side. Denmark are going to be tough though, but I’m confident because we have the better side. Of course that never means we will win though, but it is the best we have been in a while 

You absolutely are the better team and are certainly the favourites. 

But some of the certainty with which people think you're going to win, from pundits to social media to the press, it's getting a tad on the arrogant side. Rio just been going off live on the BBC about how England are going to smash Italy ffs. 

I mean as fans of perennial under dogs in here we should be able to appreciate how no game of football is cut and dry. Folk in here get out raged at being written off by Arsenal, Tottenham, United etc fans. 

A lot of the same attitude being thrown dismissively at Denmark.

Edited by Finnegan

Just now, Finnegan said:

But some of the certainty with which people think you're going to win, from pundits to social media to the press, it's getting a tad on the arrogant side. 

I mean as fans of perennial under dogs in here we should be able to appreciate how no game of football is cut and dry. Folk in here get out raged at being written off by Arsenal, Tottenham, United etc fans. 

I haven’t seen it to be honest, but maybe because I don’t listen to the media… I think this is going to be far from straight forward, and Denmark can certainly win but we have played well ourselves and no reason why people shouldn’t be confident. Anyway I’m hoping for a good game, Denmark have played some nice stuff themselves which is why they are in the last 4. 

13 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's because international tournaments bring out loads of people who normally don't give a shit about football or know anything about it (most of the population of England).

It's the same reason there is such shock and angst when fans boo a national anthem. Not that I like that myself, but it's hardly the worst thing I've seen at a football match. And as ever social media makes it a million times worse. Obviously I hope we win it but if we get to the final the spanners will be out in even fuller force. 

Makes me sound like a killjoy but I'm quite looking forward to it being over and we can get back to proper football - pre-season friendlies against Wycombe. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But some of the certainty with which people think you're going to win, from pundits to social media to the press, it's getting a tad on the arrogant side. Rio just been going off live on the BBC about how England are going to smash Italy ffs. 

I think the Ukraine game has gotten rid of the we're going to blow it away attitude, we should be arrogant going into this regardless of how well they've done since their incident. A loss would be a disaster at an almost packed out wembley with the majority of them being our fans. Sounds proper corny but it does actually feel different this year and it's a rare occasion we can actually be arrogant during a tournament rather than before it