Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

Think this will potentially go all the way. We'll be negative I'd imagine, back 5 will return and it's a question of Saka or Mount for Southgate. For me I'd throw a spanner in the works and choose Foden. 

The Italian front 3 will cause us all sorts of trouble. But I do the Italian defence has been massively overrated this tournament, Austria or Spain had a decent striker Italy would be out. Kane dropping off and playing in Sterling will work for us. 

The Italians will have all the tricks, we definitely don't want to go behind against them. 

Game should be at 5. Rubbish time for the biggest international game in our lifetime.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Think this will potentially go all the way. We'll be negative I'd imagine, back 5 will return and it's a question of Saka or Mount for Southgate. For me I'd throw a spanner in the works and choose Foden. 

The Italian front 3 will cause us all sorts of trouble. But I do the Italian defence has been massively overrated this tournament, Austria or Spain had a decent striker Italy would be out. Kane dropping off and playing in Sterling will work for us. 

The Italians will have all the tricks, we definitely don't want to go behind against them. 

Game should be at 5. Rubbish time for the biggest international game in our lifetime.

This plus Chiellini looks very vulnerable to a ball in behind. Sterling will cause mayhem.

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can't wait for the entire country to get rampantly indignant and unsubtly xenophobic with no sense of irony or self awareness the first time an Italian dives in the final. 

Well. we know you will be indignant. You've shown it through the whole tournament. From claiming corruption because a free kick went against Wales, to your nonsense about England. Enjoy the final finnegan.

21 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

FA cup win for Leicester and a Euros final for England in the same year? Surely not

Surely not mate. It’s been another shite year for many reasons but we’ve been very lucky on here haven’t we?! 

Mums Italian, so it’s turned out lovely for me here. Although in saying that I was born in ****ing Nuneaton so I can’t cheer for Italy with any self respect. May the best team win, but it’ll be a red and white night on Sunday. You mark my words. :englandsmile4wf:

• Like 1

Southgate has been brilliant and continues to impress, I said he should be judged when it matters. Two tournaments, a semi and now a final, let’s hope we can do the impossible and beat a great Italian team. Wouldn’t put it past them, they seem like a proper group 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can't wait for the entire country to get rampantly indignant and unsubtly xenophobic with no sense of irony or self awareness the first time an Italian dives in the final. 

sour grapes then lol

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Stop trying to get me excited for this you cvnts.  We all know it's the hope that kills.  Italy to score early and shithouse us out of it for the rest of the match.

Still the best team we have had since 66’ I guess that is exciting especially if you look at the average age of the squad! Might not do it Sunday; I feel they will, but the future is bright regardless. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Southgate has been brilliant and continues to impress, I said he should be judged when it matters. Two tournaments, a semi and now a final, let’s hope we can do the impossible and beat a great Italian team. Wouldn’t put it past them, they seem like a proper group 

If we do win it, then he'll definitely have to take a lot of credit.  Who'd have thought that being hard to score against/beat would work in a cup competition for England? :D 

• Like 1

If England don't step it up its a for sure loss in my book BUT that's not guaranteed ofc.  Italy are the better side overall I'd say, but England have more attacking quality. I'm going 2-1 but i still don't know who will win. Italy have looked leggy at times but have played much Better opposition. England can deffo win if Mount doesn't play imo. Complete passenger. Does 0