Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

EURO 2020 FINAL. England v Italy. At Wembley. Thread.

There aren’t many weaknesses in this Italy team, they are certainly riding a wave with some exceptional football. This is the toughest game we could have got and rightly so it is the final. Should be a great game; I feel we can do it though, we have been brilliant, not conceded in open play and have lots of depth. 

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Shouldn’t be a problem, they were crap against Spain and looked shattered.

They really weren’t. They were however crap against Austria then battered Belgium in the next game with the best performance of the tournament. They’re class. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Think this will potentially go all the way. We'll be negative I'd imagine, back 5 will return and it's a question of Saka or Mount for Southgate. For me I'd throw a spanner in the works and choose Foden. 

The Italian front 3 will cause us all sorts of trouble. But I do the Italian defence has been massively overrated this tournament, Austria or Spain had a decent striker Italy would be out. Kane dropping off and playing in Sterling will work for us.

Game should be at 5. Rubbish time for the biggest international game in our lifetime.

Agreed about Foden, although I would hope the outcome wasn't a spanner in the works! The guy has phenomenal reactions. Foden and Mount for me.

I hope you're right about the Italian defence, but what I saw last night was pressure on the Danish defence but no real self-generated success. An own goal and a follow up to a poor penalty (on a debatable decision) isn't exactly taking the game by the 'scruff'.  

It might be the biggest England game in your lifetime, but I was at Wembley in '66 to watch the biggest England game in my lifetime.

• Like 1

Nailed on England win. Everything is falling into place this tournament. Luck, team spirit, home advantage and refereeing decisions. It just all adds up.

Italy will want to avenge their last EURO final appearance and Chiellini and Bonucci are likely to have the last chance of a EURO title. It might get to them.

I don't really understand my apathy to England. I was well into the last world cup. This tournament it's been like I've sat down to watch games as a neutral and picked a side I'd like to win. Just haven't been getting that rush. I don't know if it comes with beating teams that we should beat or the fact I've been avoiding watching England since that awful game against Iceland last September.

I'm hoping the buzz comes on Sunday but I'm just expecting us to whimper out without laying a finger on them lol

Still absolutely bemused that Grealish was hooked.

Edited by filbertway

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Shame it’s an 8pm KO, 5pm would be better as there would be more time to celebrate should we win. Also will it be a public holiday on Monday should we win? Can’t imagine much work would be done anyway.

Taking my son to Alton Towers on Monday so I hope this plays into our hands. Quiet roads on Monday morning for the journey up hopefully.

• Haha 1

Feels like it destined for you guys.

After yesterday, I kind of want to see con man Raheem cry though. Still with the talent England have, you need to break this hoodoo and win a title, so maybe you can let go a little and actually play some inspired football in the years to come. 

Good luck.

Edited by Jonezy

52 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't really understand my apathy to England. I was well into the last world cup. This tournament it's been like I've sat down to watch games as a neutral and picked a side I'd like to win. Just haven't been getting that rush. I don't know if it comes with beating teams that we should beat or the fact I've been avoiding watching England since that awful game against Iceland last September.

I'm hoping the buzz comes on Sunday but I'm just expecting us to whimper out without laying a finger on them lol

Still absolutely bemused that Grealish was hooked.

I’m always fairly neutral when it comes to international tournaments…. Enjoy it more that way. It would be great if England managed to win, but I would be bothered if they lose. I support Leicester and that’s where my passion lies, and I’ll support any of our lads no matter their nation. 

Can’t really explain why but I’ve just always been very relaxed when it comes to England, don’t get that overwhelming sense of passion for them like I do my club, but would like to see them succeed.  

• Like 1