Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Possibly the most sensible post I’ve read in a while 

You’ve actually been watching the games 

Good on ya

👍

Only because he agrees with you. There’s plenty of us who watched the game and the other games he’s played in and disagree (and our defensive record would suggest that those who question Vestegaard might have a point.) Last week he made Vydra look like Lionel fkin Messi. 

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Are you serious? Maybe because he got away with it but the 2 times edouard just stepped inside past him were embarrassing. 

No defender should be getting beaten that easy especially as it was so obvious where he was heading.  The fact the same move got past him twice in a couple of minutes just sums him up 

How many did edouard score?

9 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Only because he agrees with you. There’s plenty of us who watched the game and the other games he’s played in and disagree (and our defensive record would suggest that those who question Vestegaard might have a point.) Last week he made Vydra look like Lionel fkin Messi. 

No I’m saying it’s an astute post because it is an astute post.

Vestergaard looks a bang average defender. But our defensive frailties go a lot further than just a poor back four. 
You try defending with nothing in front of you to support. Christ, even Varane is looking dodgy at the moment with Fred and McTominay in front of him. And Varane is world class 

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Are you serious? Maybe because he got away with it but the 2 times edouard just stepped inside past him were embarrassing. 

No defender should be getting beaten that easy especially as it was so obvious where he was heading.  The fact the same move got past him twice in a couple of minutes just sums him up 

I recall seeing a ore season training clip and daka just dancing past vestergaard waving a leg. He waved a leg like I might when up against a quick young striker. But I'm.an amateur in my 40s. 

• Like 2

People can bang on about no midfield protection as much as they like. In 90 minutes of football as a centre half, you are going to be faced with a number of individual battles of varying types. He has shown nothing to suggest he can win those battles consistently, mainly due to his lack of pace, and frailty. 

• Like 2

Just now, BroughtonFox said:

Awful again, Just give Benkovic a chance ffs. What’s he done to Rodgers 

Therein lies the problem. I posted earlier on in the thread (and got zero replies, no shock there), that Rodgers is picking Vestergaard over Amartey at the moment. And Benkovic

Let that sink in awhile…

Vestergaard is garbage.

Slow, poor distribution, average positioning, tendency to hoof it long, oil tanker on the turn and poor spatial awareness.

Apart from that he's a good signing. 

Jokes aside, we were in panic mode after Fofana got snapped and we got robbed by Southampton.  THIS IS NOT BRENDANS FAULT

Edited by Dirkster the Fox

5 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

How many did edouard score?

You can't just judge a defensive performance on how many goals the striker scored.

Surely you can watch a game and see a defender is getting beaten too easily, letting the opposition have chances etc and even if they don't result in goals, you can see its putting pressure on the team and eventually will be taken advantage of.

Vydra didn't score last week, but his constant beating of Vestergaard for pace created chances for Burnley, and affected other elements of our game. I actually think Vestergaard is affecting Soyuncu too, as he probably feels like he's doing the job of 2 centre backs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Therein lies the problem. I posted earlier on in the thread (and got zero replies, no shock there), that Rodgers is picking Vestergaard over Amartey at the moment. And Benkovic

Let that sink in awhile…

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Brendan is picking him over Amartey.

Let that sink in awhile…

Probably because it was just Amartey and most people are aware of constant dislike of Amartey  

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Let that sink in awhile…

Could he be picking him because he thinks he's the best of the 3?

Maybe that was your point, I'm not sure. 

Just now, Facecloth said:

You can't just judge a defensive performance on how many goals the striker scored.

Surely you can watch a game and see a defender is getting beaten too easily, letting the opposition have chances etc and even if they don't result in goals, you can see its putting pressure on the team and eventually will be taken advantage of.

Vydra didn't score last week, but his constant beating of Vestergaard for pace created chances for Burnley, and affected other elements of our game. I actually think Vestergaard is affecting Soyuncu too, as he probably feels like he's doing the job of 2 centre backs.

In my original post, I said that I didn’t think he was that bad today. Much worse than him on the pitch. I think he’s a donkey, and Southampton must be laughing.

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

I came on this thread thinking people would be reflecting on the fact that he’d done ok…

He’s got no chance has he??

Ho hum!

Watch Palace's second goal again.  Even if Vesty played a 10 for the other 89:30, his play on that goal against was shocking.  Mis-timed header (2-3 per match now), missed clearance, standing around in a daze.

To quote FM, “All the defence do their bit”, there genuinely is no I in “team performance”, yes he gets beat, yes he is slow, then again Cags is a bit naive/dumb, Kasper is in possession of odd distribution skills on occasion. We lack the cool head and leadership which surely we hoped Jannik could provide on lieu of Jonny

I thought he played well against Man City but that was a game with everything in front of him.

Once he’s been turned he looks like he loses all sense of where he is. Time and again over the past few weeks strikers have gone past him with a simple shift of the ball out of their feet.

Still early days and hopefully the international

break will be good for him.