Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Genuinely thought he had a good game today cos we was battered! Just no midfield!

He wasn't all around poor, but again neither he or any in our back four were convincing, especially second half. We can blame the midfield, but on most occasions we kept gifting possession to the inability of our defenders to find a player ahead of them.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

seems to offer nothing apart from being a Danish friend for Kasper

Slow

bad first touch

cant jump or win headers

gets bullied despite being a 7ft giant

a quick google shows he has form

"Considering the former Borussia Monchengladbach man stands at six foot six, you would expect him to dominate in the air from this dead-ball situations, but nearly every free-kick from Lucas Digne seemed to find an Everton head."

"When his aerial ability is called into question, you worry what else Vestergaard can offer in this Southampton team, as his lack of pace was evident when Richarlison was afforded far too much space to run in behind the Saints defence and open the scoring."

"Southampton fans are desperate to see the club get rid of central Jannik Vestergaard in the ongoing January transfer window because he isn’t good enough"

“I will keep working hard in training with the aim of getting back into the team. This is football, and things change quickly. I will fight to get my place back.” Does he have a future left at the club?

"I respect his determination. But man, you gotta show that you've improved when you're on the pitch. I only remember one game where you fantastic, vs United. You can't say you'll "work hard" and put in calamitous displays week in week out. #SaintsFC"

"He needs to be more assertive. Height is one thing but he needs to use it to dominate his opponent."

"He has zero pace and doesnt read the game. Id let him go personally. Rather have Yoshida as back up and buy another."

"Dives in too often, positional understanding of the game is poor and makes the same mistakes time and time again. A move away best for all parties."

Absolute turd of a signing 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Every game he's shit. If it's the odd game here or there you can understand, but he looks shit against every team, any formation, 2 or 3 cbs. Please do not play him Brendan. I'd rather we took a chance with Amartey or Benko. 

Edited by sm1
  • Like 1

That quote above about not dominating his opponent is 100% on the money. Huth, Morgan, Maguire, Evans, Fofana to an extent are commanding players that don’t just defend, but have an air of authority about them that secures the back 4. Vestergaard feels like an accident waiting to happen. Individually he wasn’t that bad today but you could tell every Palace player fancied their chances against him. 

At the end of the day we are leaking 1-2 goals a game with him in the team so he’s not performing the role we need him to. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

It makes sense to me, Brendan bangs in about having aggressive defenders that will step up and he’s the complete opposite. Baffled that he’d want him, pretty sure it’s only for his ability on the ball

Brendan is picking him over Amartey.

Let that sink in awhile…

10 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Every game he's shit. If it's the odd game here or there you can understand, but he looked shit against every team, any formation, 2 or 3 cbs. Please do not play Brendan. I'd rather we took a chance with Amartey or Benko. 

Totally agree when Cags let's in a goal it's a mistake, but mistakes can be forgiven and you learn from it and don't tend make them again. But with Vestergaard he's rubbish and no way will he improve or get better, just ask Hasenhuttl why he didn't feature in Southampton's plans for the future

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Are you watching Leicester? 

He’s more or less what I expected. Looks like one of the best passers in our team, good in the air, not so good when being dribbled at. We can’t shield our defence at the moment, and the left side is leaking chances, none of which is his fault. Thought he was good today, Castagne too. We surrendered control of the game in the middle, again. If anyone in our defence deserves criticism of late it’s Bertrand. But ultimately it’s the system that doesn’t work.

We must play 3 at the back and have nacho to hold up the ball, in my opinion. Means dropping Barnes, but he has been shite. Left back will remain a problem regardless of system though. 

He’s a ball playing centre back in team that is currently offering him zero protection, and the passing options out from the back are awful most of the time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’s more or less what I expected. Looks like one of the best passers in our team, good in the air, not so good when being dribbled at. We can’t shield our defence at the moment, and the left side is leaking chances, none of which is his fault. Thought he was good today, Castagne too. We surrendered control of the game in the middle, again. If anyone in our defence deserves criticism of late it’s Bertrand. But ultimately it’s the system that doesn’t work.

We must play 3 at the back and have nacho to hold up the ball, in my opinion. Means dropping Barnes, but he has been shite. Left back will remain a problem regardless of system though. 

He’s a ball playing centre back in team that is currently offering him zero protection, and the passing options out from the back are awful most of the time. 

Possibly the most sensible post I’ve read in a while 

You’ve actually been watching the games 

Good on ya

👍

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Don't like the word cover, kind of means you not really going to use him and maybe just in an emergency maybe a game or two

Exactly, so what’s the motivation for him knowing if Evans is fit/Fofana returns he’s out the team 

• Like 1