Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Too early to tell, anything else is hyperbole.

Maybe if your blind. The worst signing we’ve ever made.

People who say akinbiyi will soon realise this guy is 3x more expensive and at least 10x shitter and playing in a squad 50x better.

Its embarrassing.

4 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

Agreed. But big Dan isn't as bad as people make out here tho !

Watching Vestergard makes you realise hiw far big Dan is above him.

limited and not great but a good squad option.

Soyuncu Evans and Fofana when he’s back, with Big Dan as back up. Vestergard needs to never put on this shirt again. Useless is a compliment to him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Too early to tell, anything else is hyperbole.

It isn't.  With Evans and Fofana's injuries, I think it is fair to assume that he was brought in to slot in and do a short term covering job straight away having played for so long in the PL.  To that end this signing has been a failure.

• Like 1

No surprising that Southampton have stopped leaking goals this season after getting rid of Ves and Ber, I'm beginning to believe what some have been saying that these two were Brendan/Congerton signings, while Daka and Soumare were Leicester Recruitment recommended signing. Unbelievable the two extremes signing this summer

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 2

Just now, murphy said:

It isn't.  With Evans and Fofana's injuries, I think it is fair to assume that he was brought in to slot in and do a short term covering job straight away having played for so long in the PL.  To that end this signing has been a failure.

I think it is, he hasn’t played that much

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think it is, he hasn’t played that much

Well that's my point really.  I think he was earmarked as he had plenty of PL experience and could be expected to do a job straight away.  That hasn't worked.

If we were going to expect a bedding in process then we'd have been better off going for a prospect with a potentially higher ceiling.

• Like 3

Part of a three, or a Burnley-style two heading out everything that comes into the box, he could be a useful rotation piece.

Trying to cover ground and react to runners, it's worse than watching Harry Maguire.

It beggars belief that we bought him at considerable cost for a system that often requires a high defensive line.

I guess we wanted an ability to get a head on set pieces, and some degree of passing, more than we wanted defending.  :dunno:

• Like 2

In the last couple of games we have conceded four goals without Vestergaard or Bertrand on the pitch. Neither will start against Brentford so we will see how we get on then. Our defensive unit is far from solid no matter who plays. We conceded too many goals last season as well and if we are going to challenge this season it needs sorting out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well that's my point really.  I think he was earmarked as he had plenty of PL experience and could be expected to do a job straight away.  That hasn't worked.

If we were going to expect a bedding in process then we'd have been better off going for a prospect with a potentially higher ceiling.

I figured he was more of Jonny backup as he had experience (and knew Kasper) rather than another Wes or Cags prospect

I like to give players a fair chance, but Vestergaard’s performances so far have worried me.

I actually thought the Bertrand and Vesty signings looked fairly solid when they were made if a little dull. Bertrand has played at a high level and Vesty is an experienced player and international.

But as someone said above he looks inappropriate in a team that plays a high line with his lack of pace. The bigger worry for me, however, is the way he’s so easily bullied by forwards. Even his positioning looks suspect. 

His attributes seem to be that he can head the ball - well he could hardly fail at that height - and is a reasonable passer into the midfield and forwards. 

I really hope he beds in and improves, but I can’t see it from what I’ve seen so far. At the moment  I shudder every time I see his name on the team sheet! 

Edited by Jobyfox

1 minute ago, Farrington fox said:

It is hard to believe Benko could be anywhere near as bad as this guy. I along with many others cannot fathom why Rodgers won't try him.

Because Jannick was brought in as a Jonny stand in, not as another prospect like Wes, Cags or Fillip

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Why all this hate for Vestergaard tonight when we actually conceded MORE goals in the first half?

Answer.. cos it’s Foxes Talk!

👍

Because he is awful as I have said many times he is a International who plays for a half decent country but how he is a International defender is beyond me he just stinks at this moment in time so he can only get better because he can't get any worse can he

Edited by lcfc cowboys
  • Like 2