Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

To be fair, even if we had Evans and Fofana at the back, we are still conceding with that lack of midfield in front, the back 4 were under so much pressure all game. Thought he did ok at times, much tighter and more aggressive, however, needs to do much better in 1vs1 situations, the way attackers can easily chop inside him is scary !

1 minute ago, maynefox said:

He can't head the ball properly, he can't clear it and it all it takes to go by him is to just to go a different way. 

Honestly, he is awful. Him and Bertrand can get in the bin. Sign half of Southampton's defence, this is what you get 

I thought this in August but gave the benefit of the doubt as half of the Hull's relegated defence were Robertson and Maguire by way of comparison but sadly I think you are right....

Just now, Col city fan said:

Nah can’t agree. Made some important last ditched challenges and kept us in it on occasion. 
No defence is going to look any good without some sort of shield in front of them 

I’m not disputing the lack of cover but other than a couple of desperate tackles he was part of the problem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Nah can’t agree. Made some important last ditched challenges and kept us in it on occasion. 
No defence is going to look any good without some sort of shield in front of them 

By the same token, a defence that is asked to do a lot will get some basics right eventually. And the credit you're giving to Vestergaard is based on a couple of challenges and blocks you'd expect any defender at this level to make.

Just now, escape2victory said:

To be fair, even if we had Evans and Fofana at the back, we are still conceding with that lack of midfield in front, the back 4 were under so much pressure all game. Thought he did ok at times, much tighter and more aggressive, however, needs to do much better in 1vs1 situations, the way attackers can easily chop inside him is scary !

I’ve had a pop at the defence all season and tbf, it ain’t good.

But today showed me how weak (defensively) our midfield is. I thought we did well not to concede more.

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nor am I. But today I thought he did well against an onslaught of Palace just walking through our non existent midfield.

f me what game were you actually watching? 

he got turned inside outside out at least 3 times 

him and Bertrand have been so poor and saints fans are literally laughing at us 

• Sad 1