Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

8 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Vestergaard is nowhere near as bad as people on this forum make out. He’s an easy scapegoat because he looks a bit freaky. He’s made good blocks today and passed well. The goals were not his fault. 

Sorry, I know it's all opinions but I feel strongly enough about this to flat out say this is wrong. 

He's woeful. Or at least he has been so far for us. He's slow, doesn't react when players stand him up one on one, and saunters back into position on the regular occasions he finds himself out of position.

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Sorry, I know it's all opinions but I feel strongly enough about this to flat out say this is wrong. 

He's woeful. Or at least he has been so far for us. He's slow, doesn't react when players stand him up one on one, and saunters back into position on the regular occasions he finds himself out of position.

And tall as a mountain but can't head a ball to save his life.  Second goal was on his inability to time a header.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 18to18 said:

And tall as a mountain but can't head a ball to save his life.  Second goal was on his inability to time a header.

It was more the chance to clear it the 2nd time that was annoying 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Genuinely thought he had a good game today cos we was battered! Just no midfield!

Totally agree. I thought he was okay too. Absolutely right, no control whatsoever in midfield. The defence weren't great but it was they had 0 protection. Totally exposed.

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

Just now, Col city fan said:

Genuinely thought he had a good game today cos we was battered! Just no midfield!

He made a few blocks, but he also made countless mistakes. 

You expect your centre half to make blocks as a bare minimum. It's the equivalent of a goalkeeper making a save you'd expect him to make.

• Like 1

He can't head the ball properly, he can't clear it and it all it takes to go by him is to just to go a different way. 

Honestly, he is awful. Him and Bertrand can get in the bin. Sign half of Southampton's defence, this is what you get 

• Like 3

Just now, funkyrobot said:

He was poor. Slow, beaten by so many one on ones. Lethargic on the ball. 

Nah can’t agree. Made some important last ditched challenges and kept us in it on occasion. 
No defence is going to look any good without some sort of shield in front of them 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Nor am I. But today I thought he did well against an onslaught of Palace just walking through our non existent midfield.

Again agree. He’s definitely not the answer to our defensive problems but he did put in a decent performance in what was a disappointing team performance today.

Edited by buzzer_b