Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

Wondering where all the people are at the beginning of this thread who said it was a good piece of business...

I made the point at the time, people were just saying it was a good deal because some people just love transfers, they get excited by a new player. I looked at it and thought 'what the f***'. Never ever seen him play well, a complete and utter donkey, who seems to always have a mistake or dodgy piece of defending in him. I know some people only watch Leicester and take very little interest in other football matches in general, but anyone who has seen Southampton games over the past few years cannot seriously have watched him and thought he would be decent. 

Couple of mates who are Spurs fans (yes I know) said when they were linked to him, they thought he would be solid... I asked them why they thought that... guess what, they'd barely seen him play, but said 'he looks big and strong' lol

I cannot believe it is true, but if the rumour is right that Kasper recommended him... then I hope they never listen to him again! 

Let's hope Evans and Little Wes are fit sooner rather than later, although let's get real, we aren't awful at the minute just because of those two missing out. We have played this 'brand' of football for a while now. 

• Like 4

Vestegaard needs a kick where it hurts to wake him up. He's too laid back to start with and needs to be more physical and aggressive in the tackle.

His lack of pace is also a worry, So why encourage him to go forward when he can't get back. That's just asking for trouble.

He needs to use his arms and Elbows more in challenging for the Ball. Someone his height shouldn't be getting out jumped for headers.

If he can't improve in these area's then get rid he's not what we need, Admit we made a mistake and better to move on.

• Like 3

I'll be honest, I convinced myself he would better for us as we are a better team and he's surrounded by better players. But unfortunately we've turned to shit and it's exposed him, and Soyuncu for that matter. 

We can't really blame the injuries meaning he's playing more that we thought because fofana and Evans were both already injured.

We don't help our defence at all, but it can't just be the set up making them look bad. 

Have to admit I was maybe a tad hopeful thinking the big guy he is he will stop us conceding on corners and big balls into the box and maybe bag some headers the other end but he can't do any of those well it seems. Yesterday he threw himself at the ball from an arms length and still managed to not make contact with his head instead his shoulder! Yes he is slow and vulnerable I expect that but man he's pretty useless to us right now. I'll give him some credit in the nice long range passing dept but not seeing much of that either. He's probably feeling out of his depth and now confidence is shot too. Hope Kasper is having words with him to get him back to playing the best he can. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Vestegaard needs a kick where it hurts to wake him up. He's too laid back to start with and needs to be more physical and aggressive in the tackle.

His lack of pace is also a worry, So why encourage him to go forward when he can't get back. That's just asking for trouble.

He needs to use his arms and Elbows more in challenging for the Ball. Someone his height shouldn't be getting out jumped for headers.

If he can't improve in these area's then get rid he's not what we need, Admit we made a mistake and better to move on.

He couldn't play the way Hasenhuttl wants Southampton to play and didn't feature in his plans for the future. We shouldn't have made this mistake, Southampton fans on their forum have been saying he's rubbish for 2 years and couldn't believe we were going to pay 15m for him. It's hard for clubs to shift their deadwood but very stupid for clubs to purchase known deadwood.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He's absolute rubbish sadly. Could forgive the lack of pace but I'm amazed how bad he is at the other stuff as well. He's really poor at defending. No strength. Not as good in the air as his height suggests he should be.

Shocking buy even in those circumstances. Suppose it puts that whole "Prem proven" thing to bed though. Never buy from this league again. There's zero value in it.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Rodgers didn’t want him so I bet behind the scenes he is fuming. We should’ve gone for Tarkowski.

How do you know this? A lot of people say it was his signing and he was interested in him at Celtic too? 

On 01/10/2021 at 11:24, Ric Flair said:

Are you all there pal? You keep repeating this nonsense that Sean St Ledger is Head of recruitment. He's scouting youth players for us, possibly helping out with the first team scouting but he's not one of the senior scouts. Where have you got that old toss from?

lol Sorry but just laughed out loud at this. 

Picturing that Inbetweeners scene when Simon sits on Tara. Are you broken.

8 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Rodgers didn’t want him so I bet behind the scenes he is fuming. We should’ve gone for Tarkowski.

He's a Rodgers CB signing, no doubt about it.

It's not in our model to pay £15 million for a guy nearly 30, and he's only been linked to us since Rodgers has been here.

It's also not in our model to pay £40 million for a 28 year old CB, so Tarkowski was a no go too.

Guehi/Anderson were the answers, guys who both have experience of English football, for the same fee of Vestegaard, with plenty of years left to develop and improve.

Evans/Soyuncu/Fofana/Guehi + the option to bring in Tarkowski on a free next summer should have been the play.

Vestergaard has been horrible lately BUT it's just been a few games. REGARDLESS Rodgers shouldn't pick him just because. No one should play just because of their stature and or name. The team should ideally be merocratic. Vestergaard needs benching and then this is the only way he can discover his form again. He's a good backup imo at his best but amartey and soyuncu are a better pairing for now. 

• Like 2