Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

Just now, StanSP said:

Didn't Amartey have a bad game against Warsaw?

And we expect him to just waltz in and start playing like the CB we want?

Amartey was fine and not at all culpable for Legia's goal; Vestergaard has his own gravitational pull. If you play it back in slow motion, you can see Big Dan being drawn towards him, leaving just enough room for the shot on goal.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Didn't Amartey have a bad game against Warsaw?

And we expect him to just waltz in and start playing like the CB we want?

No he didn't have a bad game imo. He was at fault for the goal. It happens. 

As we were pushing pushing forward second half, he was easily the most dynamic and progressive in his choice and accuracy of passing. I was perplexed when he was hauled off (well.i say perplexed, it's entirely predictable that him -.and mendy - are the ritual scapegoats for the manager)

Edit; Kel, praet, Hamza, mendy and Amartey and now ricardo all fall foul of the manager's favour

Edited by Paninistickers

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

No I’m saying it’s an astute post because it is an astute post.

Vestergaard looks a bang average defender. But our defensive frailties go a lot further than just a poor back four. 
You try defending with nothing in front of you to support. Christ, even Varane is looking dodgy at the moment with Fred and McTominay in front of him. And Varane is world class 

Astute in your opinion. He’s part of the problem in my opinion and many others. He’s not that good in the air considering his height. He lacks urgency on the ball, doesn’t impose himself and gets bullied by every striker he’s come up against this season, always loses one on one against a dribbler. Problems are occurring on the left particularly, that’s the side he plays. It’s also meant Soyuncu has had to switch to his less favoured side on the right. I’d genuinely have Amartey on over him. We had 3 at the back against Legia and we looked awful btw. 

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

As we were pushing pushing forward second half, he was easily the most dynamic and progressive in his choice and accuracy of passing. I was perplexed when he was hauled off (well.i say perplexed, it's entirely predictable that him -.and mendy - are the ritual scapegoats for the manager)

Edit; Kel, praet, Hamza, mendy and Amartey and now ricardo all fall foul of the manager's favour

Vestegaard was also at fault for the Legia goal. No attempt to challenge. 

26 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not sure about this regarding Ricardo? He's been dropped for one game?

I thought he played OK today - sloppy for their second goal but can't remember much else wrong. Made lots of clearances and some nice tackles.

He's far from being the second coming of Wes Morgan but I doubt we'd get much better as a 4th choice centre back.

Feels like there's a lot of confirmation bias leading to a different scapegoat every week... Perez, Maddison and now Vestegaard.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot

2 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

I thought he played OK today - sloppy for their second goal but can't remember much else wrong. Made lots of clearances and some nice tackles.

He's far from being the second coming of Wes Morgan but I doubt we'd get much better as a 4th choice centre back.

Feels like there's a lot of confirmation bias leading to a different scapegoat every week... Perez, Maddison and now Vestegaard.

:nigel:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozvaldo said:

I honestly think a flat back 4 of:

Ricardo, Amartey, Cags, Castsgne

is our best option right now. 

The simple truth is 5 at the back is the only option. We don’t have 2 reliable centrebacks and we are going to have to compensate or find a way to score 3/4 a game to win. 

We are in big trouble this season. Because there isn’t a good solution and whatever we do is going to be weak. 

• Haha 1

I thought he was okay today but fvck me how can he not win headers. There was an attacking free kick in the first half where he needed to attack the ball but instead just chucked his body at it. It was so weird to see, especially considering his height.

edit: I must also say he seems easy to beat. Edouard beat him twice running and skipping over him

Edited by Fox92

We spent around £70 million this summer on Daka, Soumare and Vesty and thus far none of them have had much of a positive impact. The £8 million Olise comes on for Palace and gets them back in the game.

Way too soon to write of any of them, but thus far we’ve spent £70 million and regressed. 

Not great.

• Like 4