Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

LCFC v Brentford (A) : Pre-Match Thread

9 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

This is one tricky, tricky game on paper. The key will no doubt be to rock them early and really come out on the front foot, if we can do that then we should be able to win. They have hallmarks of Leeds in that they are susceptible in certain areas, but also carry a decent goal scoring threat. I’d imagine going a bit more direct to Nacho and Vardy would serve us better than overdoing it in a crowded midfield where mistakes could cost a lot.

If we haven’t scored a few by half time then it could very well be a different story as they’ll only grow in confidence throughout the match - they have been in the Prem generally so far just building performances, points and their confidence in their game.

I think ironically this will be tougher than Man Utd, hopefully we can fully show up and keep the goals coming. Have we ever scored four in three matches running before? That might be the only way to get the three points in reality 🦊 

A positive for us is their at home so will attack us and not sit back which will hopefully help us play our game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ealing Fox said:

Three of the four around the old ground are still open - The Princess Royal on the south east corner closed down, which was the most miserable of the four anyway. It’s about a 20 min walk from Griffin park to the new ground. There is a really decent large pub right next door to the new ground - The Express Tavern, which I assume must be rammed on match-days. Or if you walk a few minutes towards the river there is a newish Fullers pub called One Over the Ait which is pretty large and nice. The other option is to walk down to the river and head west. Within ten minutes you’ll see about four pubs on the north bank - The Steam Packet, The Bell and Crown, the City Barge and the Bulls Head. If it were me I’d go for one of those four - especially if it’s a nice day and you can drink outside, personally I prefer the Bulls Head but it’s the furthest away. 

Ah top man, thank you. 

5 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Any shouts on a good pre-match pub for this one? I'm guessing the ones on the corners of their old ground are no longer open?

Loads of decent pubs along Strand on the Green by the river. 

4 hours ago, An Away Move said:

Looking forward to seeing this one. They’ll come at us, which will give us the space to exploit them on the counter. Might need Dana’s speed though to see it home after Vardy is brought off - after scoring of course. 2:3

Is Dana bringing Vardy off as well as: “using her speed to see it home” - or is it just a matter of everyone throwing their keys in? 

I've read somewhere (reddit???) that they like to play a long ball game at times. That surprised me as I don't recall them doing that particularly. I thought they attempted to be a little more sophisticated than 'lump it up top'. Anyone watched them recently care to comment?

8 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

I've read somewhere (reddit???) that they like to play a long ball game at times. That surprised me as I don't recall them doing that particularly. I thought they attempted to be a little more sophisticated than 'lump it up top'. Anyone watched them recently care to comment?

Very much. Very physical. Unafraid to use the long ball.  They were unfortunate it didn’t work against Chelsea 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Really really tough game. 

I think we’ll at least draw this

This is our type of game. They’ll get forward quickly and will leave spaces in behind.

The key will be the midfield. If we control the midfield we’ll supply the forwards and we’ll score goals 

My worry (no surprise) is that we’ll concede too

I think there’ll be goals and we have to out-score them as I’ve no confidence that they won’t grab a couple themselves 

4 hours ago, turlo said:

Same line up as against Man Utd assuming everyone is fit. Harsh on Daka but Vardy is in form and still the man and can't fit Vardy, Nacho & Daka into that formation. 

....we can......!!!

Kasper

Amartey     Evans    Soyuncu

Ricardo  Soumare     Tielemans  Thomas

Nacho

Daka      Vardy

• Like 1

Do we know any injury news from our Moscow exploits? How’s Youri? How’s Timmy’s hammy? Did Evans come through unscathed?

This is gonna be a real tough test this one, they can mix it up and play direct aswell as move the ball quickly, arguably as tougher fixture as we could have asked for after a long midweek European game, but that’s the nature of the beast!

27 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we can......!!!

Kasper

Amartey     Evans    Soyuncu

Ricardo  Soumare     Tielemans  Thomas

Nacho

Daka      Vardy

After his display in Wednesday nights game there is no way Thomas gets into the team.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

Do we know any injury news from our Moscow exploits? How’s Youri? How’s Timmy’s hammy? Did Evans come through unscathed?

This is gonna be a real tough test this one, they can mix it up and play direct aswell as move the ball quickly, arguably as tougher fixture as we could have asked for after a long midweek European game, but that’s the nature of the beast!

Screenshot_20211021_231202_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_1037437140752636.jpg

• Haha 3

Think this one is going to be a tough one the play similar to how we sometimes like to play by hitting on the break, a team full of tenacious players that seem to remind me of another not so fashionable team that we all know and love ?

I’m going for a 1-1 draw here a bit of a banana skin game that could slap us on the face if we don’t take this Brentford side seriously, they’ve had some great results and totally deserve they’re position in the League and do have players that fight together to grind out a result.