Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

LCFC v Brentford (A) : Pre-Match Thread

34 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I would love to see us go 

Schmeichel

Ricardo.   Evans.       Soyuncu.   Castagne 

Soumare

Tielemans.                Maddison      

.   Iheanacho       Vardy.             Daka

Not very defensive i know but the pace and creativity in that side in my opinion is frightening. 

I’d love that formation. Soumaré would need to become Kanté mkII and III for it to work though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Oh yes - last season at leeds 

we went two up comfortably in the first half and then they stepped it up after the break. Scored out of nowhere and then hit the bar before we got control again later on.

could easily have been 2-2 and then how does that play out. 

fine margins at this level 

We should have been 5-1 up at half time. We absolutely destroyed them 1st half, bar an easy chance Bamford had. Overall given the chances we missed and the few chances they had even with that spell after half time, we annihilated them. Brentford are in for the same.

BBC

Here are the key points from the Foxes boss:

Confirms Marc Albrighton will be out for two to three weeks with an injury suffered late on against Spartak Moscow. Timothy Castagne and Ayoze Perez missed the trip to Russia but should be fit to face Brentford;

Says says Patson Daka's four-goal haul against Spartak Moscow on Wednesday was "incredible" but says he'll continue to "manage" his strikers to keep them fresh;

Jamie Vardy has yet to play in Europe this season but could feature if they reach the latter stages. The rest has "kept him full of energy and goals" in the Premier League;

Rodgers is "not overly concerned" about their defensive record and says his team just needs time: "With players back we’ll improve. Without a lot of preparation time to work on things, it’s just cutting out mistakes. If we can cut them out we’ll be OK";

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

This game could have been played Saturday. Unnecessary change. 

an extra day may help us to be honest. Not great for the fans but will help with a few knocks and recoveries by the sounds of things. 

think this was already moved to the Sunday before the game was moved from the Thursday to the Wednesday. So its actually fairer for the fans tat it isnt moved back again 

Edited by goose2010

17 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

We’ve almost got two options in how to approach this game. Keep the 5-3-2 or revert back to the 4-2-3-1. 

Without N’didi I think the back 3/5 suits us more as we need his tackling in a midfield two. Also, if Evans is out for any reason, it gives Vestergaard some cover. Assuming everyone is fit I’d start the same team we started against Man Utd.

If we did revert to a back four then it might look something like:

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne 

Soumare, Tielemans,

Lookman, Maddison, Barnes

Vardy

I don’t think this formation accommodates Nacho just like the 3 at the back doesn’t accommodate Barnes. You could also make an argument for Bertrand and Thomas in a flat four. 

Based on form of players we want in the side I’d stick to plan A. 

In the interests of squad rotation, think I'd go with this but with Hamza in for Youri if Youri isnt 100%.

Then play the next best XI against Brighton in the league cup.

• Like 1

More on Daka?
“His strengths are what you saw the other night. He plays on the shoulder, wants to run in behind, and he’s a natural goalscorer. He has confidence he can score. He is in a great position to learn from Jamie. Even without speaking, he’s learning from his movements. His energy around the place. When he had to do his quarantine, the club were great in terms of offering him tellies, Playstations, but he didn’t want anything, he just wanted books to learn about Leicester. His game will improve. He has the ability to sniff out a goal.”

The love I’m developing for this man…… 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-press-conference-live-tielemans-6099941

14:38JORDAN BLACKWELL
Evans?
“He’s coping and managing very well. He had a little bit of soreness towards the end of the game with his lower back. He’s recovered well so far and will hopefully be fit and available.”

Tielemans?
“He had a spasm towards his lower back. He looks fine. He’s on a recovery work today with the medical team, but he looks fine.”

Defence?
“I’m not overly concerned when we get players back and we have more preparation time, we will improve in that aspect. We’ve shown in the past we can be good. We can cut out the mistakes like the second goal on Wednesday, the second goal at the weekend, not give goals away, then we’ll be okay. We’ve shown from the attacking front, that we can score goals and have a constant threat.”

14:37JORDAN BLACKWELL
More on Daka?
“His strengths are what you saw the other night. He plays on the shoulder, wants to run in behind, and he’s a natural goalscorer. He has confidence he can score. He is in a great position to learn from Jamie. Even without speaking, he’s learning from his movements. His energy around the place. When he had to do his quarantine, the club were great in terms of offering him tellies, Playstations, but he didn’t want anything, he just wanted books to learn about Leicester. His game will improve. He has the ability to sniff out a goal.”

Brentford?
“Having had experience of going from Championship to Premier League, when players who haven’t played at top level and want to prove themselves, it’s a great recipe. They’ve got belief, they won the first game. When you see them play, you see the emotion in the stadium. You can see the joy in the stadium. The players have quality and the manager had done a brilliant job galvanising that mentality. How they’ve operated off the pitch has been very methodical.”

Injuries?
“Albrighton who had a horrendous challenge on him in the game, so he’s probably going to be two to three weeks out. Castagne should be okay. We’ll just take him through tomorrow. Ayoze wasn’t feeling great but looked good in training today. James Justin will start training with the group. Wilf isn’t too far away, but we’re looking ahead to the next international break.”

Daka?
“He’ll certainly be involved. We’ve tried to manage the team and our strikers, keeping Jamie fresh for the Premier League and bringing in him for the latter stages of Europe. Kelechi is a consistent performer now. Patson, we wanted to give him time. He’s had an amazing week, it was an incredible individual achievement. We are in a great position in that part of the field, whichever way we want to work it.”

Rodgers on Bruce and pressures on managers
“The pressures have always been there, and with more media and more opinions, that will only grow. As managers we understand that if you don’t get results, you’re going to be under pressure. From a personal perspective, I try not to get too emotional about words. That’s not always easy. As managers, we understand the pressures and have to deal with it. Because managers are well-paid, people think they can be okay with it, but managers’ sons and daughters and partners are not well-paid, and they are the ones that can suffer most. There has to be an element of respect. You read things that are personal and that oversteps the mark.

“It was disappointing to see Steve move on. What a career he’s had, as a player and then 1,000 games as a manager. All he asked for was a little respect. Newcastle are now going in a different direction.”

14:17JORDAN BLACKWELL
Rodgers has arrived
Stay tuned for updates.

Well said Brendan, good conference that.

On 22/10/2021 at 03:38, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Erm............

So how did the top 5 get on against newly promoted teams last season.

Champions Manchester City 11 points = W3 D2 L1 | drew with West Brom and Leeds and also lost to Leeds

Second placed Manchester United 12 points = W3 D3 | drew with Fulham and West Brom and Leeds [and also lost to relegated Sheffield United]

Third placed Liverpool 9 points = W2 D3 L1 | drew with Fulham and lost to Fulham, drew with West Brom and Leeds

Fourth placed Chelsea 13 points = W4 D1 L1 | drew and lost to West Brom

Fifth placed Leicester City 12 points = W4 L2 | lost to Fulham and Leeds, won the others

So of the top five last season, we had the joint second best record against the promoted teams, and better than the champions!

And FWIW, our record against the the teams who finished top four... W4 D1 L3 = 13 points from possible 18

I stand by my post, as an established premier league team with aspirations of a top 4 finish, we should not be going to Brentford looking for anything other than a win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kasper

Ricky Dan Johnny Cags Timmy

Soumare Youri

Madders

Nacho Vardy

Looking good like this, why change now?

because we let in 5 goals in two games, if we keep scoring more fine, but that might be a struggle

22 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

I stand by my post, as an established premier league team with aspirations of a top 4 finish, we should not be going to Brentford looking for anything other than a win.

You would think so but after seeing them batter Chelsea then expect it to be very tough, most probably a harder game than against Man Utd. Toney is some player. 

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Kasper

Ricky Dan Johnny Cags Timmy

Soumare Youri

Madders

Nacho Vardy

Looking good like this, why change now?

I’d maybe look to play Kasper in a more central role, other than that looks like the team I’d imagine would play.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

You would think so but after seeing them batter Chelsea then expect it to be very tough, most probably a harder game than against Man Utd. Toney is some player. 

No doubt it will be harder than Man U. Brentford will be in our faces in a way the Old Trafford mob certainly weren't, there'll be less time on the ball and they will be a threat up front. I'm hoping for a win, far from expecting it.