Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NaijaFox

LCFC v Brentford (A) : Pre-Match Thread

If Youri and Castagne are passed fit and available, would start with…

Kasper

Ricardo

Amartey

Evans

Soyuncu

Castagne (Thomas)

Youri (KDH)

Soumare

Maddison

Iheanacho 

Vardy

It’s a bit ‘unfair’ to Daka, after tonight’s exploits, but Vardy is having a Golden Boot-type start to the season. Furthermore, I also think that each of our main strikers (Vards and Daka) play better (that is, actually lift their game) playing off Nacho as a foil. If it’s not working (or we are chasing the game), Daka can always come in for Nacho (or even Vardy).

Brentford have started their premier PL season relatively well, and seem to be continually growing in confidence. They therefore deserve a fair bit of respect and thus I'd stick with a back-three in this away fixture. Nonetheless, we now have the flexibility and option of changing formation even midway in the game - revert to a back-four and bring in Barnes, Lookman or Daka (even Perez)!

How things change quickly in this great old game of football: Eagerly looking forward to our games again! :scarf:
>

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 4

Their pressing and thus defence is somewhat of a worry but I think we'll be a very dangerous attacking outfit again. 

Really hope Tielemans is OK, same team that started vs Man Utd, but Daka really warrants a start which is hard to juggle.

• Like 1

Same line up as against Man Utd, I would consider Daka but Vardy is still the joint top goalscorer in the league and also deserves to be starting, I don't think we can really start all 3 though so gotta be Nacho and Vardy for now

Brentford, Brighton, Arsenal, Spartak Moscow, Leeds coming up before the next international break, give Vardy the first 2 league games and Daka the 2 cup games and then take a look at it again for the Leeds match

We’re in the strange position of having 3 “undroppable” players competing for 2 (or even 1) spots in the team. Rodgers has a job on his hands keeping morale and form up amongst them with at least one sitting out every game.

Kasper

Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu

Ricardo, Tielemans, Soumare, Castagne

Maddison

Vardy, Daka

It might sound reactionary and a little harsh to Iheanacho but I think if you're playing 352, having Daka and Vardy running the channels is a substitute for the lack of width in the final third and if you're playing with a 10, Iheanacho's extra creativity isn't essential. 

In a 4411/4231 I'd definitely still play Iheanacho and Vardy together. 

I mean, Daka and Vardy with Nacho playing the 10 instead of Madders is a potentially insanely lethal 343 but I can't see Rodgers doing that. Besides, Madders was okay today. 

• Like 1

Today, was a freak example of defending. And I hate to say it, but Thomas was guilty of allowing crosses into the box far too easily. 

I think we will do alright here, they will leave spaces in behind for us to exploit, we’ve just got to stand resolute at the back. 

I’d be so tempted to start all three strikers across the front just for shlts and giggles - it’d likely be either a total disaster or a revelation.  That’s what we’d do if this was a soccer manga.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I’d be so tempted to start all three strikers across the front just for shlts and giggles - it’d likely be either a total disaster or a revelation.  That’s what we’d do if this was a soccer manga.

Tbf watching Palace on Monday, that’s not a bad idea for our upcoming game against Arsenal.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Kasper

Amartey, Evans, Soyuncu

Ricardo, Tielemans, Soumare, Castagne

Maddison

Vardy, Daka

It might sound reactionary and a little harsh to Iheanacho but I think if you're playing 352, having Daka and Vardy running the channels is a substitute for the lack of width in the final third and if you're playing with a 10, Iheanacho's extra creativity isn't essential. 

In a 4411/4231 I'd definitely still play Iheanacho and Vardy together. 

I mean, Daka and Vardy with Nacho playing the 10 instead of Madders is a potentially insanely lethal 343 but I can't see Rodgers doing that. Besides, Madders was okay today. 

Yes..

Also One has to remember Vardy is One of our better Space-maker ,passers, & crossers of the ball...

And a Front partnership of Vardy/Daka, wouldnt be like with like, both Salah & Mane are quick, & compliment each other...

I have said vor 10 years, our Problem was Never the front-line, but our Lack of press & consistent Service to that front-line..

Plus our Team playing on the backfoot...Slimani,Musa,the younger Nacho, Maybe even Gray, being asked to concentrate too much/OTT on their defence

A. king an ,Am being pushed to Play DM. Our forward players was expected to convert from 4-5 chances ( Vardy usually does), But Salah, Mane, Aguero

would be presented with a Service giving them 6-8+ chances...

In the PL I would love seeing a Daka-Vardy partnership, & it would click...Also an Axis with Nacho, But at present, playing These 3 together, there wouldnt

be an out n out Forward Substitute or cover...

Though if our likely lads got injured...then  a.  >Barnes..Nacho...Lookman< would create a different Type of Axis..

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I would love that but without Ndidi seems like too risky.

15 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Could it be the first  time at least  for a side out of the top 4 to drop someone after scoring 4 goals

Honestly, I think I would.  Kelechi has to be the first name on the team sheet and are you going to drop Vardy for a league game when he's scoring goals?  It's a first-world problem to be sure, but I think I'd bring Pat on for Vardy at the hour mark.

• Like 1

It sounds like one of those social media things that do the rounds, but you get to pick any 2 from 3, which one are you benching:

The record goal scorer, who is currently the top goal scorer in the PL.

Last seasons top goal scorer, who always seems to make things happen.

The bloke who has just scored 4 goals away in Moscow and is the EL top scorer this season.

It’s a brilliant option to have, Kel and Daka having played 90 minutes here, one will certainly have the afternoon off and Vardy will start - Maybe 60 for Iheanacho and 30 for Daka.

Elsewhere, if everyone is fit same team as against Man Utd.

A win in this one and the season is starting to look pretty good again.