Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (H) 23 Jan, 2pm

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

I'd have Brunt in for Soumare. In one of his games he showed real strength, he went toe to toe with an opposition player for a header and won. We don't do that with this team, and definitely not with Soumare. KDH is solid enough to have a 21 year old next to him, neither are 'youth' and need to be stepping up. Good to give Tielemans a break, physically and mentally.

Yeah that'd be fair. I was trying to keep it as like-for-like with the senior players we have available, and Soumare (or Hamza) at CDM with KDH more box-to-box felt like a good balance. Brunt could definitely do a job, but its a big difference between a weakened Watford side and a full strength Brighton side, so I'm not sure Rodgers would take that risk.

Tielemans needs dropping/resting after that last display, though, whatever happens. Thank god that KDH is stepping up nicely so we're not completely stranded whenever Youri has a bad run of form (and eventually leaves).

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Yeah that'd be fair. I was trying to keep it as like-for-like with the senior players we have available, and Soumare (or Hamza) at CDM with KDH more box-to-box felt like a good balance. Brunt could definitely do a job, but its a big difference between a weakened Watford side and a full strength Brighton side, so I'm not sure Rodgers would take that risk.

Tielemans needs dropping/resting after that last display, though, whatever happens. Thank god that KDH is stepping up nicely so we're not completely stranded whenever Youri has a bad run of form (and eventually leaves).

I agree, but Soumare has only had flashes of promise anyway, so he's pretty much just as much a risk as Brunt. Choudhury definitely has more experience than both and has performed well. I'd definitely prefer him over Soumare.

Cannot play 3 atb it just doesn’t suit any of our players. Vestergaard should be no where near the side, similar to Bennett levels or incompetence. If Amartey isn’t ready then play Choudhury at CB.

Schmeichel 

Justin - Amartey - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Tielemans - Soumaré - KDH

Maddison   -   Daka   -   Barnes 

19 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yeah 

Don't think it is on TV. Not in the UK anyway, can't see it on Sky, BT or Amazon listings.

In fact, I don't know why it was moved to Sunday.

EDIT: Looks like it was moved to Sunday because Tigers are at home on Saturday.

Edited by risofox

30 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Cannot play 3 atb it just doesn’t suit any of our players. Vestergaard should be no where near the side, similar to Bennett levels or incompetence. If Amartey isn’t ready then play Choudhury at CB.

Schmeichel 

Justin - Amartey - Söyüncü - Thomas 

Tielemans - Soumaré - KDH

Maddison   -   Daka   -   Barnes 

I think this will mostly be the team. Depends on how Justin reacts and whether amartey is fit to play. I can see tielemans rested and Perez in or Hamza for soumare. Wouldn’t mind lookman starting again. I fancy there is a goal in him against this lot and same for Maddison and barnes. Play to our strengths which is attack at the moment. 

We  a reaction but we didn’t play badly last night apart from those suicidal two minutes of extra extra time! 

42 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Kind of want to see Brighton score 4 or 5 and Potter to rip off his shirt to reveal "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED @Ric Flair" painted on his torso.

Obviously Daka scores 6 goals in the final 5 minutes so we will still win.

Hahahahaa I've been slating them for years and always got a load of abuse but we'd then beat them home and away and our fans would quickly scurry off and try and pretend it never happened. I'm on the ropes here, but I'll never relent. They're a two bit, dog shit outfit that need teaching a lesson.

They were very lucky to beat us at their place but we were very lucky to get over the line in the cup after a revolting 2nd half performance. Its in the balance.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa I've been slating them for years and always got a load of abuse but we'd then beat them home and away and our fans would quickly scurry off and try and pretend it never happened. I'm on the ropes here, but I'll never relent. They're a two bit, dog shit outfit that need teaching a lesson.

They were very lucky to beat us at their place but we were very lucky to get over the line in the cup after a revolting 2nd half performance. Its in the balance.

This one's for all the marbles! 

I think it's that cup game last season that sticks in the memory for me, we were appalling and should have been dead and buried. Then last minute Youri dinks a corner to an unmarked Kel who was our only man in the box being ignored by 8 or 9 Brighton players lol

• Haha 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...it would be a waste to have KDH on the bench!!!

Agree, but we have good options for the two ‘number 8’ positions. Can’t have them all on the pitch at the same time. To drop Tielemans for Brighton would be too damaging to him, following his mistake. Maddison has to play on current. Form. Choudhury is currently our best ‘holding’ option imo