Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

Just now, smudger63 said:

It would be more of a surprise if the top clubs wasn't interested in signing him already.  If we don't have a release clause in his new contract, then he will cost another club even more next summer than this summer, he's that good, and his price will keep going up, so getting him this summer, even for what may seem to others on the outside a ridiculous amount of money, will actually be saving money in the longer term for the buying club. I can't see him being here for more than next season sadly, if I'm honest, but would be very disappointed to lose him this summer.

10 hours ago, weller54 said:

Extending a contract means sweet f a.

Plus you don't know what's in that contract... If a bid comes in from certain clubs/ if a release clause amount is offered etc.

Didn't Maguire sign a new contract about 3 or 4 months before his move?

Not necessarily, signing a contract offers security and increases/retains a players value for the club. He isn't staying the full duration but it does allow us the ability to bargain with other clubs.. and let's face it, he's worth the money if a club can afford it! Easily our crown jewel in the whole club.

And given the club don't add release clauses in, I'd imagine a gentlemen's agreement has been made "If X club comes in with X value, we will accept the sale". Let's be fair, Real Madrid could afford £120m for Fofana and personally, I think he's worth every penny of it.

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That 5 year deal we've got him on is absolutely massive btw. One of the best bits of business the club has done in years.

Can't see it means sod all tbh. As mentioned before, purely means we'll get a good price for him.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LFox99 said:

Obviously but I highly doubt we'd agree for him to be able to leave for just 70-80m months after signing a 5 year contract.

"Just".

I think the Maguire transfer has warped peoples minds a little bit. £80m would put him in the top 15 most expensive transfers of all time. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, los dedos said:

😭😅

Fvck me. Where do you start with this? This seems to me like a case of someone not knowing the first thing about a player and just gambling on no-one calling him out on his shitty guess of an opinion. Lucky that he's chatting to someone equally as braindead.

You'd have to think about spending £8m? Competition for Phil Jones? No words.

I know it's stating the obvious, but Fofana walks into Man Utd's first team. That's not even a little bit contentious.

I'd be gutted if they got him for £80m this summer. That would cancel out the Slabhead deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

😭😅

Some are still traumatised by the previous transfer business between the clubs. Another centre back from Leicester?! Run awayyyyyy... 

Once bitten... 

But they are obviously clueless. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

People - wes did not sign a new contact to leave this summer. 

there was no point in him doing this if there was any chance whatsoever of him leaving within a few months - it makes no difference to his transfer value so no point in the club considering a sale.

there would only be one reason we would sell him this summer and that because we received an offer we simply couldn’t turn down. (In excess of £100m).  And no one is paying that this summer.  i believe he is getting married this weekend.  he’s had a tough year - he will want some stability for a while now. 

it’s possible he only agreed to sign a new deal if there was some sort of release clause inserted. 

we all know he’s destined for the top. Better to get him on a bigger wage so we can demand that bigger release clause/ fee. 

Hes going to be the first £100m defender.

• Like 1

He'd choose Chelsea over united I'm almost certain of that. 

I really hope we have no intention of selling this summer even if they offered silly money (although we really need some funds to be raised) he's so imperative to the way we play. 

I do worry a little bit though as we know what he was like at St Étienne when he wanted a move. 

44 minutes ago, MPH said:

it’s possible he only agreed to sign a new deal if there was some sort of release clause inserted. 

we all know he’s destined for the top. Better to get him on a bigger wage so we can demand that bigger release clause/ fee. 

Hes going to be the first £100m defender.

A release clause in excess of £100 m - possibly. 

otherwise there was no reason for a new contract to be signed at this time 

• Like 1