Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League 2022/23 Thread

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

Think this is a wildly blue tinted opinion but fair play 

Mh. I'm not so sure really. 

I think I'd probably have more of ours than theirs in a combined 11, if I'm honest. 

Ramsdale

Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Tierney 

Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison

Jesus/Saka, Vardy, Barnes 

Honestly how much of that is really all that debatable? Maybe Ricardo still had a bit of a question mark over his recovery and best form. But assuming everyone else in both squads is in their best form? This time last year I might have put Odegard ahead of Madders and suspect others would have too but Madders has shown absolutely electric ability over the last six or so months. 

Vards is objectively better than anyone in their team, Barnes puts up better goal contribution numbers than any of theirs doesn't he? Gabriel vs one of our centre backs would be close maybe. 

Slightly caveat in that I'd have had Partey over Ndidi before, yknow. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Mh. I'm not so sure really. 

I think I'd probably have more of ours than theirs in a combined 11, if I'm honest. 

Ramsdale

Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Tierney 

Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison

Jesus/Saka, Vardy, Barnes 

Honestly how much of that is really all that debatable? Maybe Ricardo still had a bit of a question mark over his recovery and best form. But assuming everyone else in both squads is in their best form? This time last year I might have put Odegard ahead of Madders and suspect others would have too but Madders has shown absolutely electric ability over the last six or so months. 

Vards is objectively better than anyone in their team, Barnes puts up better goal contribution numbers than any of theirs doesn't he? Gabriel vs one of our centre backs would be close maybe. 

Slightly caveat in that I'd have had Partey over Ndidi before, yknow. 

Even after 6 or 7 years now of being an upper half to top 6 PL team, many of our fans still fall into the trap of believing arsenal are better, because, basically, it's Arsenal. Same goes for the current Man utd team. How would a combined Leicester/ Man U xi look? I'd bet an easy 8 in favour of City. 

I think the main advantage both arsenal and Man U have over us is a psychological one. Teams and managers are slightly more content to lose 2-1 away at OT than they are KP, (or, say, draw 1-1 at home to Man U rather than go for the kill as they might  v us)  and that slight psychological % drop off may well earn them an extra 5 points per season over us

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Even after 6 or 7 years now of being an upper half to top 6 PL team, many of our fans still fall into the trap of believing arsenal are better, because, basically, it's Arsenal. Same goes for the current Man utd team. How would a combined Leicester/ Man U xi look? I'd bet an easy 8 in favour of City. 

I think the main advantage both arsenal and Man U have over us is a psychological one. Teams and managers are slightly more content to lose 2-1 away at OT than they are KP, (or, say, draw 1-1 at home to Man U rather than go for the kill as they might  v us)  and that slight psychological % drop off may well earn them an extra 5 points per season over us

Players like sancho and rashford are better than we have but they’re not fulfilling their potential at OT.  It could be that the new coach will change that. 
so you might put Barnes ahead of sancho but sancho should be the better player. 

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62282294?at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_medium=custom7&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=90EA3FDE-0B30-11ED-B680-8CF6923C408C&at_custom2=facebook_page&fbclid=IwAR0AG8o0CFySJJYUqNA2uREB4J37t6xLfpG2awKjBsLq1kc67rIIkU_gw5s

Thomas Tuchel questioned Chelsea's commitment and said they need signings urgently after a 4-0 pre-season defeat by Arsenal in Florida on Saturday. lol

"I am far from relaxed," Tuchel said. "We were simply not good enough. We were simply not competitive." "I cannot guarantee we will be ready in two weeks."

"I look at the last season and parts of the game where we struggled, parts of the season where we struggled, and then we got sanctioned and players left us and some players are trying to leave us, and this is where it is," Tuchel said.

lollol

To come over all Keeganesque....... I tell you I will love it, I will love it, if Chelsea have a fiasco of a season....

(Nothing against Tuchel, whom I quite like, just the club...)

I think they are making some questionable moves and have a front line far worse than ours and we might be  playing albrighton. 

Every chance they flop,  if one of the 2 new cbs turn out to struggle to adapt. 

Luckily for them, they always have a few solid squad players that can come in and make a success of any bad signings. having players like CHO, Sarr, gallagher and broja waiting around always gives you a bit of an out. 

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62282294?at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_medium=custom7&at_campaign=64&at_custom4=90EA3FDE-0B30-11ED-B680-8CF6923C408C&at_custom2=facebook_page&fbclid=IwAR0AG8o0CFySJJYUqNA2uREB4J37t6xLfpG2awKjBsLq1kc67rIIkU_gw5s

Thomas Tuchel questioned Chelsea's commitment and said they need signings urgently after a 4-0 pre-season defeat by Arsenal in Florida on Saturday. lol

"I am far from relaxed," Tuchel said. "We were simply not good enough. We were simply not competitive." "I cannot guarantee we will be ready in two weeks."

"I look at the last season and parts of the game where we struggled, parts of the season where we struggled, and then we got sanctioned and players left us and some players are trying to leave us, and this is where it is," Tuchel said.

lollol

To come over all Keeganesque....... I tell you I will love it, I will love it, if Chelsea have a fiasco of a season....

(Nothing against Tuchel, whom I quite like, just the club...)

Tuchel is a complete helmet. Classless and notorious for falling out with people. Would love them to struggle for that reason alone (there's plenty of other reasons!)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Tuchel is a complete helmet. Classless and notorious for falling out with people. Would love them to struggle for that reason alone (there's plenty of other reasons!)

I don’t rate Tuchel, yes he won the CL but so did Di Matteo… getting consistency is what is needed for the league and his team was no where last season and I feel the same will happen this season as well. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Chelsea fans for last four months haven’t been fans of Tuchel judging from social media 

25 minutes ago, Dave Fishwick said:

Partey, for all that he is an alleged rapist, is better than Ndidi lads.

He transforms Arsenal, they look completely different when he doesn't play.

Ben White walks into any combined XI as well

I’m not sure he even makes the Arsenal XI. Having watched a couple of their friendlies, I think Saliba looks the real deal. Can see why he won ligue 1 young player of the year last season and why he is ahead of little Wes in the international pecking order.

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Players like sancho and rashford are better than we have but they’re not fulfilling their potential at OT.  It could be that the new coach will change that. 
so you might put Barnes ahead of sancho but sancho should be the better player. 

Who is Rashford better than? He most certainly isn’t better than Vardy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

Can understand the Partey shout but Ben White! lol He isn't even Arsenal's best centre half

Edited by foxfanazer

3 hours ago, Dave Fishwick said:

Top player but Evans and Fofana are comfortably better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, howie said:

I’m not sure he even makes the Arsenal XI. Having watched a couple of their friendlies, I think Saliba looks the real deal. Can see why he won ligue 1 young player of the year last season and why he is ahead of little Wes in the international pecking order.

Saliba IS the real deal

👍

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Got a sneaky feeling for Arsenal to go one better this season. They’ve made some really good signings and Jesus is a steal at what they paid for him.

It looks like they could be getting back to something resembling success.

I think Arsenal and Spurs will finish in the top 4 whilst Chelsea drop out. Man United 6th.