Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whoareyaaa

Nations League 2022

Touch of irony how quick people are to defend one set of supporters because of an untrue reputation over another in recent weeks. 

Equally for the media searching for arrest figures - and it being a number akin or lower to the average league game/weekend evening out. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Touch of irony how quick people are to defend one set of supporters because of an untrue reputation over another in recent weeks. 

Equally for the media searching for arrest figures - and it being a number akin or lower to the average league game/weekend evening out. 

It would only be ironic if you don’t believe what you’ve been told by a guy on the ground.

As a side thought too- I’ve not seen any reports of Liverpool fans arrested- why is that? I won’t believe there wasn’t a single one!

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

As I said the other week, I’ve done probably 20 England away trips over the last 14 years, the entire CL away season plus half our aways in EL/ECL this season. 

Of course I hate Liverpool fans as a whole. The way they portray themselves and the things my mate said happened are at odds with one another. It was also a stark contrast to what gets widely reported. If what had happened in Paris been an England game, we all know how it would’ve been reported. 

I was very aware a couple of weeks ago that it was likely to be 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other. I said at the time that it’s like watching 2 people you can’t stand in a punch up and not caring who wins.

Ive witnessed first hand the treatment of French police (it was 6 years to the day we drove down to Marseille) And I’ve also witnessed how this was originally reported back home by our press. But I also know Liverpool fans are not the saints they want people to believe 

My issue was with yourself dismissing what my mate saw, (who knows my hatred for the Scouse, who knows I need no ammunition whatsoever) because you didn’t see it with your own eyes. 

It’s a joke that the wide press haven’t reported all the ‘blag’ tickets but have been very quick to publicise the Liverpool fans plight the other week. It’s a joke that you seemingly can’t mention Liverpool didn’t have any ticketless fans at Hillsborough and link the two events and find the common denominator 

As i said i completely believe what your friend saw, a simple fight between two fans. I saw the same between our fans in Roma after a flare was thrown. You exaggerated what your friend saw, which was, proven by yourself, unbelievable and untrue 

Liverpool had ticketless fans at hillsborough, as was the way in those days, and had ticketless fans in paris. But nowhere near enough to cause the issues.

I apologise for insinuating you hate all football fans which was wrong of me. But you’ve contradicted yourself again here. One set of scum fans involved in trouble - all their fault. Another set of scum fans involved trouble  - omg the media are such liars!!!

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s blatantly amazingly obvious to me but given I was in the wrong in excising the bloke of hating all fans previously, not my place to initially say it! 

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

As i said i completely believe what your friend saw, a simple fight between two fans. I saw the same between our fans in Roma after a flare was thrown. You exaggerated what your friend saw, which was, proven by yourself, unbelievable and untrue 

Liverpool had ticketless fans at hillsborough, as was the way in those days, and had ticketless fans in paris. But nowhere near enough to cause the issues.

I apologise for insinuating you hate all football fans which was wrong of me. But you’ve contradicted yourself again here. One set of scum fans involved in trouble - all their fault. Another set of scum fans involved trouble  - omg the media are such liars!!!

Don’t you support England then?

I didn’t exaggerate anything he said on the phone to me at all. Pretty much repeated it word for word, as I consciously tried to remember it.

I’m afraid the legacy of English football hooliganism is still firmly imprinted in the minds of foreign policing authorities. 
Rightly or wrongly… that’s an issue for a whole separate debate!

But you can’t escape from errors that were made in the past. English fans = trouble in the minds of many of our European counterparts. Stemming probably from Heysel I imagine. 
How the world works is a few bad apples ruins it for the good apples. It’s always been that way and probably always will be.

If I were a Liverpool fan (God forbid) I’d try to be sensible, knowing the above to be true. If I didn’t have a genuine ticket for the game, I wouldn’t travel. I’d try to steer clear of any big groups of fans (especially the pissed up ones) and I’d take a low profile and save my elation for during the game.
But that’s just me. Not everyone sees it the same way.

I think there's a problem with a minority of fans from every club that like to associate themselves with all the or some of the generic conventions that go with football hooliganism but identify themselves a bit more as casuals and wear the gear and like to feel they belong with a bunch of other bellends with similar lost little boy cultural-attachment issues.

The issue with England and many national team affairs is that the above groups of lost little boys all get together for these games from all the different clubs – so there's basically a higher percentage of bellends than usual in one place attending a game that leads to a greater depth and breadth of bellendish behaviours.

Nationalism is a pretty strange concept really and can be taken way too far. Ends up causing all sorts of insular attitudes and polarises us from the notion that we are all human and the same. Maybe there should be a bit more educational focus on being fun and patriotic in a healthy way rather than nationalistic in y'know a bellendy way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Don’t you support England then?

I didn’t exaggerate anything he said on the phone to me at all. Pretty much repeated it word for word, as I consciously tried to remember it.

Yes i do support England and want them to do well, but since 2014 i have really gone off them. I am very very strongly club over country now. The turning point for me was probably Euro 2016, i went to a one game and it was so much worse in person than on tv. Since then i have gone to Amsterdam for a friendly i think, and the semi final last summer. Both wholly uninspiring and surrounded by really strange creatures calling themselves 'fans.'

I do admire those who still care about England, tbh the loss against Italy barely bothered me.

26 minutes ago, Nick said:

I think there's a problem with a minority of fans from every club that like to associate themselves with all the or some of the generic conventions that go with football hooliganism but identify themselves a bit more as casuals and wear the gear and like to feel they belong with a bunch of other bellends with similar lost little boy cultural-attachment issues.

The issue with England and many national team affairs is that the above groups of lost little boys all get together for these games from all the different clubs – so there's basically a higher percentage of bellends than usual in one place attending a game that leads to a greater depth and breadth of bellendish behaviours.

Nationalism is a pretty strange concept really and can be taken way too far. Ends up causing all sorts of insular attitudes and polarises us from the notion that we are all human and the same. Maybe there should be a bit more educational focus on being fun and patriotic in a healthy way rather than nationalistic in y'know a bellendy way.

Nail on head for me. Amsterdam was a weird experience, groups of ugly, short, fat, distorted looking lads wearing fake stone island clothes carrying cans and singing god save the queen with their arms in the air filming themselves EVERYWHERE. I don't know what they were trying to achieve, the Dutch did not seem to be hostile or anti-English. It seemed to be the conference for every outcast from every regional football league club. Maybe that's what its like everywhere England play away.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

As a German representative I agree. England have the far superior player pool. Since Low left, we have the superior manager though. Flick is fantastic and exactly what we needed. However, the lack of player development is currently a concern and I cannot see us realistically challenge the very top for a decade or so.

Right now, Brazil, England or Netherlands are the teams to beat at the World Cup. The rest are outsiders (e.g. Spain, Argentina, Belgium etc.). England have a fairly nice route again so can get far enough before being really challenged. The other difference is the fact that the World Cup is in November/December. English teams always seem to flag a bit at the end of the season (due to the PL schedule) but mid-season they should be at their best and it might make the difference at this tournament. I would be shocked if England don't win a trophy or two in the next decade.

Good squad which should be winning trophies, lead by a weak manager who got Middlesbrough relegated. Yes got off to a great start in the world cup, got us to a semi final could and should have got to the final but let down by poor tactics in the second half against Croatia. Nations League again should have won that, let down by poor tactics again. Euro's all but one played at Wembley, home advantage couldn't have had a better chance to win tournament. Everything went right, but again poor tactics. Pattern emerging, Southgate yes he done better than Woy, Capello, McClaren, Sven, Keegan and Hoddle. But one does ask if we had a better manager could have won the nations league and the euros? 

Southgate certainly does have good relationship with the players and I do think they play for him, that's no problem it's just the tactics. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Just been looking through the different line-ups tonight and the Greek right back caught me eye. 

Had no idea he was playing for Greece!

Screenshot_20220609-220748_LiveScore.jpg

Cyprus isn’t it? 

Yesh just double checked, Greece it is 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

All the Irelands should just fold. Northern, Republic, Steven, all utter shite! 

Bar a decent spell in the 2010s we've been crap as long as I can rremember.

Southern Ireland right now are probably the worst I can ever remember.

A joint team would barely get to the play offs of a world cup now let alone get there.

Both of us trying blood in a lot of younger players in our defences but its always tough to say what sort of standard these players will eventually get to.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

Bar a decent spell in the 2010s we've been crap as long as I can rremember.

Southern Ireland right now are probably the worst I can ever remember.

A joint team would barely get to the play offs of a world cup now let alone get there.

Both of us trying blood in a lot of younger players in our defences but its always tough to say what sort of standard these players will eventually get to.

Not many Irish players playing in the top flight at the moment, which shows there level. To be honest Rep.ireland have had a bad decade. Ain't been good since traptonni left. North.Ireland to their credit were always pushing above their weight in the last 5 or 6 years. I think the problem now it's a aging team. 

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Will feel like a friendly tonight at Molineux, with only about 3,000 allowed in (mainly children).

stupid that is why is this? how did Hungary get away with it.

Clearly uefa taking the piss again.

Edited by whoareyaaa