Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Impressive number of contradictions in his quote there. Superb work Brendan. 

He'll continue to be a very important player for us, the kind of very important player who's played a grand total of 115 competitive minutes for us in the last six months

Edited by Guest

6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If he doesn't leave and is then still going to be an important player for us then why are we trying to sell him 😂

He supposedly wants to return to France. 

We were open to a sale and had a deal agreed with Monaco but Rodgers was impressed with him in pre-season so decided to keep him. 

Another offer from Monaco then arrived and Soumare made clear he wanted the deal, so that's why a sale is on. 

33 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

He said "was" so sounds like something happened last minute. I reckon the buying club will be trying to drive the price down knowing we want/need to sell. Or Soumare figured out Palace was in London and not France

"Bouba unfortunately the Chateau de Versailles is a bit out of our range. Do you mind going to the Crystal Palace?" 

• Haha 4

It's difficult for these highly paid foreign players to settle in a new country. I'm sure the club does its best but the bigger cities have a wider range of facilities,houses and attractions to spend money on. Plus integration may easier. A quick search on Rightmove for property over 2m shows there are only 7 currently for sale in Leicestershire but over 700 in London plus transport links back to France easier. I guess it could be a bit overwhelming at first which may take time to adjust to.

I hope he  gets a move which suits him and becomes the player he wants to be.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

How people seem to have a view that Soumare is going to be a PL beast is beyond me.

He has shown zero evidence that he is up for the mental AND physical demands of the PL.

I see that Gray was mentioned on this topic and very similar traits…all the physical attributes but zero football brain.

I repeat myself but a CM who doesn’t track a man in EVERY game he has played in is not going to be some great player like some on here suggest 🙈

Zero football brain? He’s a smart player. He didn’t like it here and it’s that but I can see him being successful elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Phenom said:

Zero football brain? He’s a smart player. He didn’t like it here and it’s that but I can see him being successful elsewhere.

A smart player?

I might have been exaggerating when said zero football brain but he is far from a smart player mate.

The fact he doesn’t have the awareness of runners and even if does clock a player is always the wrong side would suggest in terms of football nous he’s far from smart.

We’ll have to agree to disagree but he’s not shown me any signs when playing in the PL that he is our saviour as others suggest on here.

I’m sorry but playing pre-season friendlies against inferior Championship players at a much slower tempo, doesn’t change my view on that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

He’s an important player for us - but it looks like he’s on his way out. What the **** is that about? 

We look ****ing stupid.

if you read it how its worded & not switch it around it makes total sense - "......We were feeling he was going to be on his way but if not, he’ll still be a very important player for us”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

if you read it how its worded & not switch it around it makes total sense - "......We were feeling he was going to be on his way but if not, he’ll still be a very important player for us”

Hmm…

We still look like a load of gurning willy pullers if you ask me.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Lichfieldfox. said:

It's difficult for these highly paid foreign players to settle in a new country. I'm sure the club does its best but the bigger cities have a wider range of facilities,houses and attractions to spend money on. Plus integration may easier. A quick search on Rightmove for property over 2m shows there are only 7 currently for sale in Leicestershire but over 700 in London plus transport links back to France easier. I guess it could be a bit overwhelming at first which may take time to adjust to.

I hope he  gets a move which suits him and becomes the player he wants to be.

You do realise a 2m pound house in Leicestershire and in London are very different things

12 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

Je confirme que Rennes recherche avec insistance un milieu de terrain défensif, afin de mener le championnat et l'Europe. A vous lire, Soumare ne vous a pas convaincu.

Translation:

I confirm that Rennes is insistently looking for a defensive midfielder, in order to lead the championship and Europe. To read you, Soumare did not convince you.

12 minutes ago, Roazhon said:

Je confirme que Rennes recherche avec insistance un milieu de terrain défensif, afin de mener le championnat et l'Europe. A vous lire, Soumare ne vous a pas convaincu.

Soumare ne s'est pas bien comporté avec nous. C'est peut-être un bon joueur en France mais ça n'a pas marché en Premier League. Il peut devenir un joueur de premier plan dans un autre club.

Ps. I don't speak French, sorry.