Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Boubakary Soumare

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I am sure that Rodgers will be still looking to get him out the door, but he (Soumare) would have felt ostracised from our first two games!!!

It will be hard to integrate him back into the team and you would think he will have little respect for Rodgers and the way that he (Rodgers) handled the situation Fate may just have played a hand in how we perform this season and Soumare and Soyuncu still being at the club may have given us a boost when we least expected it.

I'm not really a fan of Rodgers' man management. 

However, this one it's hard to criticise him for. 

If Soumare looked like he was on his way little point risking an injury so he was never going to play any part in those games.  I am sure Soumare also would not have wanted to take that risk.  We are stacked in the centre of midfield so I don't have any issue with him being left out of the squad in that circumstance.  I'd be amazed if Soumare didn't understand and even welcome this if he's keen to bugger off.       

If he now can't be sold it's simply a case of telling the lad he's back in contention, fight for your place.  

I think the idea he has been ostracised is a little fanciful. 

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It was announced a couple of weeks ago that Monaco didn't want to go to €20m (which is what we paid for him) and would look at other targets. Then it seemed to be back on but they agreed a fee for Camara from Salzburg for less than what we wanted for Soumare.

Personally I think Monaco have some cheek, Soumare is a £20m player minimum, we only got him for £17m as he had a year left on his deal. Our issue now though is we have a homesick player who wasn't available for a chunk of last season because so and could be the same for this one coming and his value will plummet.

Considering they got 100m for Tchouameni as well they can't say they have no cash. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

I'm not really a fan of Rodgers' man management. 

However, this one it's hard to criticise him for. 

If Soumare looked like he was on his way little point risking an injury so he was never going to play any part in those games.  I am sure Soumare also would not have wanted to take that risk.  We are stacked in the centre of midfield so I don't have any issue with him being left out of the squad in that circumstance.  I'd be amazed if Soumare didn't understand and even welcome this if he's keen to bugger off.       

If he now can't be sold it's simply a case of telling the lad he's back in contention, fight for your place.  

I think the idea he has been ostracised is a little fanciful. 

....I can understand the need to protect an asset!!!

Soumare is left out of the squad and Soyuncu is on the bench, playing second fiddle to Amartey, who is playing in an unsuitable (for him) position. The summer window waiting for the Arsenal offer to come in, and yet Tielemans starts in every game so far, while Dennis Praet, who had a potential move to Torino and would have seen him gone, is now back on our bench.

There seem to be double standards with Rodgers. Why leave Soumare out of the squad and leave Soyuncu in (but refuse to play him at all cost)?

Tielemans' contract ends next summer so does Soyuncu, (both not receiving the same treatment).

• Like 3

Rodger’s has publicly said that Soumaré is only out of the squad due to the fact that it was looking like a move for him would be going through. He then said if a move didn’t pan out he would be back in the squad, as he was pleased with him in pre-season. I expect to see him in the squad for Southampton, and if not then certainly for United (if he’s still here!)

1 hour ago, samarium62 said:

Rodger’s has publicly said that Soumaré is only out of the squad due to the fact that it was looking like a move for him would be going through. He then said if a move didn’t pan out he would be back in the squad, as he was pleased with him in pre-season. I expect to see him in the squad for Southampton, and if not then certainly for United (if he’s still here!)

yeah but he just chats bubbles, if that was the case wouldn’t youri be out of the squad as well? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samarium62 said:

Bet he was certain the deal was on.

Now Soumare will get a "perez" sickness:brendan:

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

yeah but he just chats bubbles, if that was the case wouldn’t youri be out of the squad as well? 

Youri is more essential than Soumaré, who barely made the squad before this. Plus we’ve got Praet and Mendy ahead of him. It would be like taking Vardy out over Daka because of transfer rumors.

10 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

So that's 2 unhappy Frenchmen that don't wanna be here. Can probably throw in 2 unhappy Belgians by the end of the window also if Arsenal don't' come in for Tielemans & we can't get an extra 50 quid out of Torino for Praet. 

Squad harmony is probably through the roof :ph34r:

At least we've got a loyal Danish warrior who wants to stay and fight for his place out of his love for the club*

*Doesn't want to lose his obscene wages that he'll be lucky to get half of elsewhere lol

We can replace Burnley as PL brexit FC …..

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I can understand the need to protect an asset!!!

Soumare is left out of the squad and Soyuncu is on the bench, playing second fiddle to Amartey, who is playing in an unsuitable (for him) position. The summer window waiting for the Arsenal offer to come in, and yet Tielemans starts in every game so far, while Dennis Praet, who had a potential move to Torino and would have seen him gone, is now back on our bench.

There seem to be double standards with Rodgers. Why leave Soumare out of the squad and leave Soyuncu in (but refuse to play him at all cost)?

Tielemans' contract ends next summer so does Soyuncu, (both not receiving the same treatment).

Soyuncu because we have little central defensive cover, even though Rodgers obviously doesn't fancy him. Also he looks nowhere close to leaving.  I'd start him over Amartey every time even though he had a shocker last season but that's another story.  

Tielemans (and Fofana) are both in slightly different situations in the sense we don't really want either to leave and are trying to extract maximum value.  They are also key players. Not playing them is a sign of weaknesses to other clubs and weakens our first 11 significantly (if Youri plays as he did against Brentford).    

Praet I agree, I have no idea what Rodgers is doing there. 

However, Sourmare appears to want leave and we are happy for him to move on.  A deal looked close.  He's a fringe player in an area we have plenty of bodies.  I think it makes sense to leave him out personally.  Or it is certainly justifiable in the circumstances.  We also have no idea what Soumare's thinking is.  There are plenty of sticks to beat Rodgers with, I personally don't think this is one of them.  

Be interesting to see whether he's in the squad for Southampton. 

1 minute ago, bald reynard said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-injury-barnes-southampton-7483197

Low down in the Barnes article, its reported that Soumare is not in the squad for Southampton, as he is, "in talks for a move away".

Brendan also said nothing was imminent so I'm notbsure anyone knows.

2 hours ago, happy85 said:

Linked to palace 

Alan Nixon 

...if he stays in the country it will be clear that it was a personality clash with Rodgers!!!

I am astounded if this is true, all the talk has been about him being homesick, I was not buying that story, there was a lot more going on. If he goes to Palace, they would have had a great summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1