Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest nathan.

Double Bluff Window

16 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Didn't Palace have the same problem at the end of the 20/21 season? They seemed to handle it quite well, and they look a completely different side with a new manager.

I hate to break the news to you but this is Leicester we are talking about.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

So we essentially have 12 months to get a manager and backroom team in place to oversee the most important rebuild in our history.

Wouldn't call it most important rebuild in the clubs history but, yeah, less than 12 months to sort out important player contracts and potentially losing two legends.

Manager and backroom team will be fine :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Jaspa said:

You don't say ...

Screenshot-20220714-014633-Firefox.jpg

Talk about the start of a new era once all that happens!

Vardy and Kasper I think will sign extensions. Kasper perhaps will leave just because I can see us wanting a new number 1 and he might want consistent game time, and I think he could make one more big move if he wanted to.

But there's no doubt that's quite the shake-up and it's hard not to see us getting slightly worse. Vardy I think will be replaced somewhat by Daka, but signing a 20 goal a season striker for £1m will never happen again. In fact I would be surprised if we never have a consistent 20 goal a season striker again, as that level is hard to achieve. 

3 hours ago, Gazza M said:

That is when Brendan looks for another job in his mind. He ain't sticking around to graft. 

Good point though saying that he'll either need someone to take him, maneuvere a move or get sacked, he won't walk away from £6m a year contract until 2025 (I could have the year wrong).

8 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Yep we do things a*** about tit!  Probably sign no one and have a blinder of a season.

To be fair I think that still might happen, although when we lose Youri that will weaken us significantly. 

The not selling the right players issue will bite us over a longer period than this season though is my worry.

4 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

So we essentially have 12 months to get a manager and backroom team in place to oversee the most important rebuild in our history.

Would argue we've already had potentially the biggest rebuild in our history, Summer of 16/17 after winning the league - F**ked it!

• Thanks 1

I think we're playing a double bluff in the window. Ins and outs. Personally I think we've got cash to spend. Not a lot unless we sell, but enough potentially for our targets. But we're not up for getting rinsed. Now either teams are playing hardball with our targets, the layers we're after, or we're trying to manage in the market sensibly, and hoping to twist late in the window. Perhaps we're hoping we can get better deals as targets/teams relent.

If you look at a fair chunk of the window movement in the top 6 so far, I'd say they've overpaid with inflated prices. Some of them will come good, some very good, so they could argue money well spent.

We've not got that kinda stupid money, and we're seemingly not ready to sell any key players for coin, and at the minute, aside from Tielemans as the exception (just because of his contract situ). Soumare too, but we might be lucky to break even and clear his wages.

Sure we need to make some trimming to the numbers, and maybe we're going to see a couple of bright sparks knocking on the door and getting minutes.

At the end of the day if we ended up bringing in a RW, and sold one or two, and that was it for the season, then actually I think we're not writing off the season. But I think there'll be movement at the back end of the  window. That's where our budget is at and our targets reside.

Think our negotiations are the double bluffs in some incidents