Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: England, Iran, USA, Wales

I think we will get out of the group but make hard work of it.  Then you just hope we hit our stride in the knockout games.  

I'd say with this team the quarter finals is the absolute minimum we should be achieving.  Anything less and it's a bad world cup.

I think we will get to the last 4 personally. 

9 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I think we will get out of the group but make hard work of it.  Then you just hope we hit our stride in the knockout games.  

I'd say with this team the quarter finals is the absolute minimum we should be achieving.  Anything less and it's a bad world cup.

I think we will get to the last 4 personally. 

Looking at the draw I think anything past the quarters is a huge ask. Our chance to win something was last year and we blew it.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1698831/England-Gareth-Southgate-Qatar-World-Cup-James-Maddison-Phil-Foden-Mason-Mount-Harry-Kane

England boss Gareth Southgate urged to drop two World Cup stars for 'mischievous' player
England manager Gareth Southgate is hoping to lead his country to World Cup success in Qatar.
By TOM PARSONS
06:20, Sun, Nov 20, 2022

England boss Gareth Southgate has been urged by Graeme Souness to start the “mischievous” James Maddison during the World Cup in Qatar. The Liverpool hero believes Maddison can provide goals for the side and has hinted the player’s rivals for a starting place in attack, Phil Foden and Mason Mount, should be dropped.

“My fear is that other than Harry [Kane], where are the goals going to come from?” Souness said during a live version of William Hill and Footy Accumulators’ No Tippy Tappy Football. “That’s a problem for Gareth.

“That’s why I would play Maddison - he’s the best out of any attacking midfield player at the moment in terms of getting assists and scoring goals. I think there’s more goals in James Maddison though. I like him. I met him on holiday in Portugal last year and he’s got a bit of mischief about him.”

Maddison has starred for Leicester in the Premier League this season and has bagged seven goals and four assists in 13 appearances. But the 25-year-old is set to miss the Three Lions’ opening game against Iran on Monday after injuring himself while playing for the Foxes against West Ham last weekend.

8 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

I see Kieffer Moore has been quoted as " cant wait to score goal that knocks England out" Rather scoring goal that takes Wales into next round. Imagine if an England player said something similar about Wales etc

I imagine there'd be one person a Sheeptalk saying similar :D

On 18/11/2022 at 01:36, MPH said:

Best version ever…

lol 

Not sure how true but someone told me yesterday that when the Welsh team bus turned up at their hotel they were greated by the hired crowd as they stepped off the bus while just over 100 hundred yards away security were holding back genuine Welsh supporters and wouldn’t let them near lol 

2 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

I see Kieffer Moore has been quoted as " cant wait to score goal that knocks England out" Rather scoring goal that takes Wales into next round. Imagine if an England player said something similar about Wales etc

I'm sure if Wales had spent centuries creating justified grievances by colonising, appropriating, exploiting, suppressing and killing people all over the world, and tended to give off an air of arrogant belief in their own superiority then people would say things like this about them!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I'm sure if Wales had spent centuries creating justified grievances by colonising, appropriating, exploiting, suppressing and killing people all over the world, and tended to give off an air of arrogant belief in their own superiority then people would say things like this about them!

Bloody hell give it a rest 

• Haha 2

Just now, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

So you don't think any Welshmen were involved. By the way what has any of this to do with football or the England of today? Bit like harping on about Germany or the Spanish in South America.

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

Bloody hell give it a rest 

It's always saddening when bigger issues seep into sport (though sport as a method of satisfying national pride is rather better than the most common alternative), but I'm not sure the guy is wrong about the historical power ****ery and therefore the justification for chips on shoulders that many carry.

(I'm not saying that it's a particularly good justification, just that it's a popular one based on history and what a number of people believe is, sadly again, often more important than what is really true.)

• Like 2