Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Effectively the minute which occurred from the point of the incident reviewed doesn’t exist. 

It restarts with a ‘dead ball’, so as it’s in the 18 yard box, it’s the defending teams position 

Taking that argument 

if Tunisia had gone up the other end and scored, the penalty  review would still have happened.   And you’re saying that Tunisia’s goal would be ruled out when they had done nothing wrong?  Infact, by the letter of the law, if Denmark scored, then surely the review is still valid? You can’t play an advantage for that long ?? I think there is something amiss here. Maybe it’s never played out too often because reviews are 99.9% acted upon.  This incident says that as soon as the var decides he has to check something v closely, the ref must stop the game, not wait for the ball to go dead or for the var to come to a final decision. 

51 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Yeah but the the check is for a penalty... Surely they can't go back that far and go hold on there was a foul before it too? That's not what VAR is for

How do you mean go back that far? It happened at the same corner. 

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I think Edinburgh FC might beat the frogs tonight. 

Had a look after reading this - why do so many of them play for Hearts?? I get the Celtic thing because of big Ange but what happened at Hearts?

7 minutes ago, KFS said:

Had a look after reading this - why do so many of them play for Hearts?? I get the Celtic thing because of big Ange but what happened at Hearts?

Nothing obvious like the manager or owners being from there, I think they just spotted a good market to sign players from. 

In total, there are 11 players in that squad who either play in Scotland, have played in Scotland or where born in Scotland. So given our sad state of affairs up here, we've nicknamed them the Jockaroos and adopted them as our own. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1