Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Senegal - 4 December, 7pm

Slightly concerned about these. This is a strong side: Mendy, Koulibaly, Diallo, Gueye, Dia. Even without Mane, these are still players who are established in the top European leagues, failure to turn up will see these turn us over.

I saw Ferdinand and Neville suggest that Walker should be dropped so that he’ll be fresh to face Mbappe. Laughable. This is based on two hypothetical scenarios, it’s a complete disregard to both Poland and Senegal, did we not learn anything from the Iceland game in 2016? 

We should comfortably win this if we are serious about winning the tournament, but please show Senegal the respect that they deserve. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Slightly concerned about these. This is a strong side: Mendy, Koulibaly, Diallo, Gueye, Dia. Even without Mane, these are still players who are established in the top European leagues, failure to turn up will see these turn us over.

I saw Ferdinand and Neville suggest that Walker should be dropped so that he’ll be fresh to face Mbappe. Laughable. This is based on two hypothetical scenarios, it’s a complete disregard to both Poland and Senegal, did we not learn anything from the Iceland game in 2016? 

We should comfortably win this if we are serious about winning the tournament, but please show Senegal the respect that they deserve. 

Also, a team who is already used to winning knock out football games after already winning one tournament this year.

Hope Southgate goes with the same team as last time around, but wouldn’t surprise me if Mount finds his way back in somehow.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Why? 

He's just taking the piss out of an article that was factually incorrect? 

I suspect apartments in that building are £2500 a night during the world cup. No different to anywhere else where a sporting event is held

2 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Also, a team who is already used to winning knock out football games after already winning one tournament this year.

Hope Southgate goes with the same team as last time around, but wouldn’t surprise me if Mount finds his way back in somehow.

Almost certain that Mount will start, sadly.

Southgate and the media seem to have forgotten that Maddison is even in the squad. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

I think it will be the same team tbh ..

Maddison was unlucky to be injured for the first two games .

I'm not sure. I think Rashford and Foden started as rotation options. Think he'll revert to the team from the first 2 games. He absolutely loves Mount and Sterling.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

6 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Based on performances so far, no way does Mount start ahead of Foden or Sterling over Rashford.

The only change id make from the Wales starting line up is bring Trippier in for Walker.

Only if Walker is feeling it after playing, otherwise madness.  We aren't going to beat France anyway.

• Sad 1

I think it will be

Pickford

Trippier

Stones

Maguire

Shaw

Bellingham

Rice

Mount

Rashford

Kane

Foden

It's probably worth resting Walker if he's still making his way back from injury to save him for a potential man marking job on Mbappe. If he's 100% then he should start ahead of Trippier.

Mount will start I reckon though we all know it should be Maddison in that role.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Unchanged, according to Jonathan Norcroft in the Times.

Foden, Rashford, Henderson and Walker start

Sky seem to think Saka will start but we’ll see .

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12761375/england-vs-senegal-team-news-bukayo-saka-set-to-start-in-world-cup-last-16-clash

Tend to believe your link.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I think it will be the same team tbh ..

Maddison was unlucky to be injured for the first two games .

Lol...Madders being injured = 0% chance of playing.

Madders fully fit = 0% chance of playing.

Southgate would play a crocked Mount/ sterling/Rashford first!