Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

England v Senegal - 4 December, 7pm

Same team for me. Thought Henderson bossed that and the others seemed to respond to his leadership. Foden and Rashford should retain their places as should Walker imho. 

I suspect he might save Walker for a potential tie with France though. In my opinion, Foden is better in tight spaces than Saka and Rashford offers much more of a threat than Sterling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Henderson will play and if he's fit and playing quick football I can sort of understand it, especially in knockout football.

Agreed. I like Henderson. He's not the most talented but I love that he's aggressive, constantly barking out instructions and getting stuck in - that wasn't there v USA. Mason Mount might be a more technical, silkier player but he's just isn't a presence in most games. England have so many technically gifted players, I think it's fine to sacrifice a bit of flair for a bit of steel.

I also think Henderson's presence allows for Rice to play from a slightly more advanced position and he covers his full back far more effectively than Mount.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

We'll all be looking forward to this until about an hour's worth of unbearable itv build up and Matterface and Dixon spring up

Wonder if Dixon will be his usual passive aggressive self and roll out his "glad to see he's concentrating on his football NOW" line for Rashford MBE again.

Thank the lord for the mute button.

Wouldn't mind Maguire being dropped.

Thought he was very inconsistent earlier.

Would put Foden/Maddison (obviously, the latter will probably not be picked) in the starting line-up.

Seems that the team is more confident when playing quickly/faster, so hopefully Southgate doesn't take a too conservative approach.

Definitely should be feeling good ahead of this one, although Senegal of course have a lot of confidence at the moment following the AFCON win. I quite like having Henderson in the team to be honest - we need leadership on the field, and I feel he offers more of that than Harry Kane. I hope to see at least a bit of rotation to help manage energy levels for the later rounds. Fingers crossed Madders can get on the pitch at some point, although I am guessing we should have had six subs today with the Welsh concussion switch, so that doesn't bode well. 

12 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Wouldn't mind Maguire being dropped.

Thought he was very inconsistent earlier.

Would put Foden/Maddison (obviously, the latter will probably not be picked) in the starting line-up.

Seems that the team is more confident when playing quickly/faster, so hopefully Southgate doesn't take a too conservative approach.

Do you watch football? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2