Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

20 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Iversen 

Castagne - Amartey - Faes - Thomas 

Tielemans - Ndidi

Perez  -  Iheanacho  -  Barnes

Thats a brilliant team.

Other than :- Amartey,Thomas,Tielemans,Ndidi,(PEREZ) and Barnes who are sh*t , total sh*t and (Sunday league standard) atm but still as good as we've got having seen some of our hopes for the future yesterday!

• Like 1

I want something different. 

Iversen

Castagne Soyuncu Faes Thomas

Tielemans  KDH

Daka            Iheanacho    Barnes

Vardy

Plenty of energy and pace, at least it would make us worth watching. If KDH isn't fit then Soumare/Ndidi etc.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

i’m curious if everyone is with you on the tielemans hate? I’d say he’s been our second best player this season 

He’s been poor for a long time, he looked back to his best a few weeks prior to the WC but his performances have dropped significantly again. He looks so unfit and slow and even his passes ain’t coming off for him most of the time. He does have moments of quality but no way near enough for me.

• Like 2

Just now, jmono84 said:

He’s been poor for a long time, he looked back to his best a few weeks prior to the WC but his performances have dropped significantly again. He looks so unfit and slow and even his passes ain’t coming off for him most of the time. He does have moments of quality but no way near enough for me.

he was poor against newcastle but so was everyone. Decent against mk, didn’t really play against liverpool and was very good against fulham (the only one) so other than yesterday… he’s still carrying that good play imo 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i’m curious if everyone is with you on the tielemans hate? I’d say he’s been our second best player this season 

Don't hate him bud, thats reserved for Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot and my ex wife.

And l don't expect more than 10% would be with me.

I just think he can't pass atm and is lazy, slow and wildly over rated.

But still as good as we have (excluding Madders) but then that's not exactly praise.

I take Roy Walkers advice and just say what l see having removed the blue tinted glasses!

* forgot to include Trump (Donald not Judd) between Stalin and Hitler

Edited by J. James
forgetfulness

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

he was poor against newcastle but so was everyone. Decent against mk, didn’t really play against liverpool and was very good against fulham (the only one) so other than yesterday… he’s still carrying that good play imo 

He was absolutely terrible first half vs Fulham but admittedly was much better 2nd half.

12 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I don’t thinks it’s really hate for YOURI , I thinks it’s sheer disappointment that he will leave without us getting a $ for him , considering we took him when he as down and out , he could have signed a 1 year extension so we could have cashed in . 

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I don’t thinks it’s really hate for YOURI , I thinks it’s sheer disappointment that he will leave without us getting a $ for him , considering we took him when he as down and out , he could have signed a 1 year extension so we could have cashed in . 

That's on the club for not properly managing the situation, really. I've said before - sound the player out when they get to 2 years/ 18 months and if you don't get the right responses you want to hear, then you make attempts to move them on. 

It's tough but the players will just be looking out for themselves, as well. 

• Like 1

I know we haven't been great recently (understatement) but I can't believe how many people are talking as though we are going away to Real Madrid. Of course, we will have to improve to beat them but it's not inconceivable that we can go there and win. Too positive? Leave the doom and gloom until afterwards lol 

Ward

Castange

Amartey

Faes

Thomas 

Ndidi

Tielemans 

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes

Daka

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

With Tielemans you have a metric called 'banger per match'. If this drops down to where a banger hasn't been scored for 3 games, Tielemans is rubbish again. If Tielemans scores a banger, he is amazing and we should just chuck whatever wage demands he has to keep him. Everything Tielemans does between bangers is inconsequential.  

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I know we haven't been great recently (understatement) but I can't believe how many people are talking as though we are going away to Real Madrid. Of course, we will have to improve to beat them but it's not inconceivable that we can go there and win. Too positive? Leave the doom and gloom until afterwards lol 

Ward

Castange

Amartey

Faes

Thomas 

Ndidi

Tielemans 

Perez

Iheanacho

Barnes

Daka

The truth is that they weren't all that on boxing day, same with Liverpool the Friday after that (as proved by Brentford) but we were/are so dogshit that the scoreline and timing of goals made them look like prime Barcelona.

🤞 fingers crossed but we certainly don't have any reason for optimism. The only positive is that our best wins tend to come when we are at our most negative.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2023 at 20:17, Vacamion said:

Sheff Weds have shown that the way you beat Newcastle United is to be physical.  Kick them here and there, lean in, win headers - they really don't like it up 'em.

Still, very much looking forward to us passing around the back and coming a cropper.

Have you watched much of us lately? We love the physical side of the game. Under previous managers we were too often a soft touch, but with Trippier, Joelinton, Schar, Bruno and Botman we're more than happy to throw our weight around. We're a big bunch of shithouses now. 

Shef Wed took their chances and our lot didn't. They 100% deserved to win and even after we brought on the big guns we couldn't put them away. Fair enough, but I think we'll be much more on it when Tuesday night comes around. Plus we'll likely be starting with our big guns, instead of resting them. 

Anyone needs pub advice let me know. Plenty of pubs within walking distance of the ground (over 100 I think). None are off limits to away fans as long as they don't act daft. If you're getting there by train there's a few good pubs near the station (Forth, Town Wall, or if you're after a bigger space with likely more away fans the Mile Castle), closer to the ground you've got Rosies, the Trent, Shearers (in the ground) and obviously the Strawberry will be packed.

If you're driving I'd park at the Metro Centre (just off the A1, free cctv-ed parking and plenty of food options for the way back. Park in the 'Blue' Car park which is dead close to the little train station) and jump on the short train across the river. 

Hope any and all who're braving the travel, the weather and the daunting climb up to Level 7, have a good time regardless of the game. 

• Like 3

Clubs a shambles at the moment but regardless this is 90 mins and straight to pens. It’s Newcastle not prime Man City, we’ve actually been in decent form away from home and we have match winners who can definitely get us through. Newcastle haven’t won in 3 either, scored one and lost against sheff Wednesday. Can be fed up of what’s going on around the club but still optimistic going into a very winnable game.

1 hour ago, Lcfc098 said:

The only hope I have is that we’ve won 5/6 of our last 6 away games without conceding a goal.

Everton, West Ham and Wolves before christmas when we were in form, MK Dons, and Gillingham after christmas, alongside getting humbled by Fulham and Newcastle at home, and managing to **** up a win at Liverpool in ways only we could conjure up.

You have better optimism than you if you can manage to take only the positives from that and ignore the glaring negatives.

Well done you.

Screenshot_20230109_112548_FotMob.jpg

1 hour ago, TheFish said:

Have you watched much of us lately? We love the physical side of the game. Under previous managers we were too often a soft touch, but with Trippier, Joelinton, Schar, Bruno and Botman we're more than happy to throw our weight around. We're a big bunch of shithouses now. 

Shef Wed took their chances and our lot didn't. They 100% deserved to win and even after we brought on the big guns we couldn't put them away. Fair enough, but I think we'll be much more on it when Tuesday night comes around. Plus we'll likely be starting with our big guns, instead of resting them. 

Anyone needs pub advice let me know. Plenty of pubs within walking distance of the ground (over 100 I think). None are off limits to away fans as long as they don't act daft. If you're getting there by train there's a few good pubs near the station (Forth, Town Wall, or if you're after a bigger space with likely more away fans the Mile Castle), closer to the ground you've got Rosies, the Trent, Shearers (in the ground) and obviously the Strawberry will be packed.

If you're driving I'd park at the Metro Centre (just off the A1, free cctv-ed parking and plenty of food options for the way back. Park in the 'Blue' Car park which is dead close to the little train station) and jump on the short train across the river. 

Hope any and all who're braving the travel, the weather and the daunting climb up to Level 7, have a good time regardless of the game. 

Very nice of you Fish to recommend local pubs and grubs. I spent 4 years studying g in Newcastle during the king Kev years so have a bit of a soft spot for the Geordie nation. If I was still living in the UK if definately have made the trip.

ps is the dirty nellies pub still by the train station? Used to serve the best guiness but  too crowded with rugby folks in their lol

I'm not gutted to miss this tomorrow in all honesty! Think Newcastle completely have our number at the moment.

I'd like to see:

Iversen

Amartey Faes Soyuncu

Albrighton                                  Castagne

Ndidi Mendy

Tielemans

Iheanacho Daka

I trust KDH,Soumare,Praet all still out?

• Like 1