Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

This doesn't matter.  Anyone who's watched us this season will know that we don't have a good enough team to win the competition.  I'm not saying we shouldn't give it a go, but let's be realistic, it's not the worst thing in the world if we lose.  We need to be focussing on the PL from now on, relegation is a possibility and would be a disaster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

This doesn't matter.  Anyone who's watched us this season will know that we don't have a good enough team to win the competition.  I'm not saying we shouldn't give it a go, but let's be realistic, it's not the worst thing in the world if we lose.  We need to be focussing on the PL from now on, relegation is a possibility and would be a disaster.

I wouldn't mind so much if it meant I could see us win another trophy at Wembley.

We've virtually no chance of winning. Their defence is excellent and our attack pathetic and our defence the same.  Anything less than a 5-0 drubbing would be a shock.

Feel sorry for those who've forked out their hard earned money to witness a near certain display of spiritless, slow  pitiful and ineffective football managed by someone who should have been sacked months ago and played by  a mixture of players who either don't want to be at the club or who don't appear to care much that they are and who show no fight, intensity, and very little quality considering the huge sums of money they "earn".

• Like 1

I have very little confidence in us here. 50,000+ home fans will make it a fortress, Newcastle will want to win this cup and go for it. It could easily be 4 or 5-0.

Not sure what sort of team we will put out, I assume close to full strength. Forest is a huge game though. At least they also play this week.

1 hour ago, reynard said:

We've virtually no chance of winning. Their defence is excellent and our attack pathetic and our defence the same.  Anything less than a 5-0 drubbing would be a shock.

Feel sorry for those who've forked out their hard earned money to witness a near certain display of spiritless, slow  pitiful and ineffective football managed by someone who should have been sacked months ago and played by  a mixture of players who either don't want to be at the club or who don't appear to care much that they are and who show no fight, intensity, and very little quality considering the huge sums of money they "earn".

Depressing but unfortunately a realistic summary I'm afraid.

I cannot look past a comfortable win for Newcastle. They will see this cup as a real opportunity to get the monkey of their back, a sell out crowd, coupled with us being terrible should see an easy win. 

This is a different point, but I find getting battered by these quite depressing. Not because I have a whole lot against them as a club, but more due to the fact that playing these just feels like an automatic loss.

I know that they have had the takeover, but only 18 months ago, we seemed so much better than these. It’s two contrasting times really, they’ve progressed massively, and we are in a state of regression.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have very little confidence in us here. 50,000+ home fans will make it a fortress, Newcastle will want to win this cup and go for it. It could easily be 4 or 5-0.

Not sure what sort of team we will put out, I assume close to full strength. Forest is a huge game though. At least they also play this week.

It’s the carabao cup, it won’t be a fortress

Since everyone has pretty much given up on us I’m gonna go the other way. Yes it defies any logic or common sense but we’ve had performances like this before. We wouldn’t be Leicester city otherwise.

I see Rogers somehow motivating our rag tag bunch to put in a shift. It’s payback for rolling over to Newcastle at home. Yes I know it’s sounds mad but it could happen.

we will all say where the hell have these guys been. Wait and see 😉 Vardy and nacho man team up to score. Faes back to his best. Soumare has a blinder and Perez has s point to prove.

• Like 2

I don't see what will have changed for the good for us from Boxing Day when they hammered us. We have got worse confidence wise, had more injuries than Katie Price has had driving bans for piss and sniff and they're at home with a very real chance of their first major trophy in about 70 years.

Would absolutely love a 1-0 win with a Wout Faes bullet header.

• Like 1

Iversen 

Castagne amartey faes Thomas 

Ndidi 

Albrighton  tielemans Barnes 

Vardy kelechi 

We have nothing to lose. It's more likely we win attacking than by being defensive. No matter what happens I highly doubt Rodgers will select this team. Too positive for him. Has a personal vendetta against iheanacho as well

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

Since everyone has pretty much given up on us I’m gonna go the other way. Yes it defies any logic or common sense but we’ve had performances like this before. We wouldn’t be Leicester city otherwise.

I see Rogers somehow motivating our rag tag bunch to put in a shift. It’s payback for rolling over to Newcastle at home. Yes I know it’s sounds mad but it could happen.

we will all say where the hell have these guys been. Wait and see 😉 Vardy and nacho man team up to score. Faes back to his best. Soumare has a blinder and Perez has s point to prove.

🤔

44 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Iversen 

Castagne amartey faes Thomas 

Ndidi 

Albrighton  tielemans Barnes 

Vardy kelechi 

We have nothing to lose. It's more likely we win attacking than by being defensive. No matter what happens I highly doubt Rodgers will select this team. Too positive for him. Has a personal vendetta against iheanacho as well

That midfield would get absolutley mullered 😂