Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Kamil Piatkowski - has joined Belgian side KAA Gent on loan

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Ok ok now we’re talking, I guess injuries have held him back a little the last few years

Yeah seems so, which is a bit of a concern. I do wonder whether this would be a loan with an option to buy, he doesn't seem to be anywhere near proven enough to warrant us paying decent money for him yet.

Back to the drawing board: This is why Kamil Piątkowski is NOT coming to #Feyenoord

Sources report to FTM that Piątkowski will make a transfer to a club from Germany, Belgium or England. Earlier, the English Leicester City showed extensive interest. Piątkowski will not be admired in the Eredivisie in the near future.

Just now, moore_94 said:

Back to the drawing board: This is why Kamil Piątkowski is NOT coming to #Feyenoord

Sources report to FTM that Piątkowski will make a transfer to a club from Germany, Belgium or England. Earlier, the English Leicester City showed extensive interest. Piątkowski will not be admired in the Eredivisie in the near future.

He’s coming and I’ll take anyone but he does look decent from what I’ve sen on YouTube 😂 never heard of him before our link.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-in-contract-talks-with-leicester-club-omit-him-from-squad-due-to-transfer-discussions/

Player in ‘contract talks’ to join Leicester – Out of squad due to “transfer discussions”

Monday’s Salzburger Nachrichten claims the centre-back is not present in Spain because he is in ‘contract talks’ with Brendan Rodgers’ side. There is no mention of any other club apart from Leicester in the report.

• Thanks 1

A loan with an option to buy would do me. This lad was raved about by all the scouting hipsters on twitter and podcasts etc and it wad no surprise Salzburg snapped him up.

Injuries are a concern but bar that he was destined to keep improving to the top.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A loan with an option to buy would do me. This lad was raved about by all the scouting hipsters on twitter and podcasts etc and it wad no surprise Salzburg snapped him up.

Injuries are a concern but bar that he was destined to keep improving to the top.

Got any links to those threads? I’m half polish but still not clued up about this guy!

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

ah so get him on loan then he'll go to Atlanta and we will get Bertrand MK2 tthen:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Some info I've found about the player. Both of these articles are from 2021:

lee-scott-1.png

#1 Kamil Piątkowski, 21 years old, Central Defender, RB Salzburg and Poland

He is a powerfully built right-footed central defender who is listed at 191cm | 6’3”. He moved to RB Salzburg at the start of this season for a reported £4.5M from Raków in his native Poland. Interestingly, he was not actually a youth product at Raków, and they actually signed him from Zagłębie Lubin on a free transfer just two years before.

When we look at the data profile for Piątkowski, we start to see just how important team factors are when assessing a player’s metrics and outputs using data. Since RB Salzburg are so dominant domestically, they expect to have the majority of possession game in and game out, and as such, their central defenders start to show impressive outputs in the passing and ball progression categories, this leads to Piątkowski, at the time of writing, averaging 11.93 progressive passes per 90 and 14.96 passes into the final third per 90. Interestingly, Piątkowski also averages 5.64 progressive runs per 90. It is not unusual to see him carrying the ball forward and out of the defensive block in order to break lines and move his side into the opposition half and towards the final third. 

Defensively, there are also some stand out aspects of the Polish defenders game. While he is only averaging 3.69 defensive duels per 90, again likely due to RB Salzburg being so possession dominant, he has a success rate that sits at a staggering 94.12%. He is averaging 6.72 aerial duels per 90 with a success rate of 41.94%. 

The next steps are difficult for a player like Piątkowski, as he has signed a long-term contract with the Austrian club which limits his ability to get a move elsewhere. It would not, however, be a surprise to see him moving to Germany before the end of his contract and his skill set is likely to translate extremely well to the German Bundesliga.

https://sempremilan.com/sm-exclusive-insider-reveals-all-on-piatkowski-playing-style-strengths-and-milans-interest

“He has big potential. Now he is at Raków, but he was at one of top three academies in Poland – Zagłębie Lubin, as were Piotr Zielinski for example and Krzysztof Piątek but – and its a big BUT – Piątek joined them when he was 18, Piątkowski was 16.

“They could do much more with him, especially with technical skills, and Raków have a very, very good project in Polish football as well. They think like a club from a top five league. Find good players, promote them.

“They play with three centre-backs, so he must be like a playmaker and he is definitely good at this. Raków is something like Atalanta in Italy, and they even play in kinda same way. Of course our league isn’t the best, let’s be honest, but young talents from Poland are a hot stuff.

“I think he might be like Sebastian Walukiewicz (of Cagliari). In comparison with him he is a late talent, but mentality and people who are closest too him are a guarantee of success. How big success? I dont know, really. He wont be a Milan-level player immediately, but he has good management, so I think they might loan him to another club and build his career step-by-step.

“So, he is not like a Tomori, a player for now. But year later from now it might be very different situation. To sum it up – Milan might buy a player, who is one of the top talents in our country. Definitely top young defender in Ekstraklasa right now, as the others left (Bednarek, Walukiewicz).

------------------

He sounds quite similar to Maguire but without being so slow. Maguire when he played for us was fantastic on the ball, often times stepping up ahead of Ndidi and acting as a playmaker. Sounds like he's that sort of CB.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Apropos nothing, any world football hispters knows what happened to the Croatian lad we spunked millions on, who went to Celtic? Has he settled back down yet in Croatia? 

.....Benkovic. I remember now as I type 

Braunschweig - German 2nd tier 

• Thanks 1