Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Striker

In my opinion, if we get another CB in, then we desperately need another stirker, what do you guys think? We seem very light now in that area of the pitch.

Vardy seems toothless at the minute and just does a lot of pointing and Daka hasnt really hit the heights, although we dont really create that much for him, I still think if we create the chances the guy will score.

• Like 1

I was about to post a striker one! 

With Vards out injured, nachos inconsistency and two touch shots together with Daka's inability to score then we need a striker ASAP. 

No point buying these attack minded players if we don't have the end product. I'd take a loan until the end of the season.

Edited by UHDrive
Additional
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

In my opinion, if we get another CB in, then we desperately need another stirker, what do you guys think? We seem very light now in that area of the pitch.

Vardy seems toothless at the minute and just does a lot of pointing and Daka hasnt really hit the heights, although we dont really create that much for him, I still think if we create the chances the guy will score.

Yes I think we do but I think it is unlikely this window. But this needs addressing in the summer. It is clear Vardy is in decline and I'm far from convinced Daka will be the solution and Kelechi never really gets a look in.

Trouble is decent strikers cost a lot of money and big wages neither of which we have right now when other areas need dealing with first.

Striker is a position we'll probably reassess in the summer. I think it will soon become an important area of focus for us, but right now pretty much every other position is/was more urgent as our squad was horribly unbalanced and lacking quality in certain areas. Kristiansen and Tete make decent inroads into rectifying that, but positions like CB, back-up at LW, and GK are major priorities over ST. I have far more faith in Vardy, Daka, and Iheanacho as a trio to hit the heights needed to keep us in this division, than I do with the likes of Amartey, bloody nobody backing up Barnes at LW, and Ward. 

• Like 2

Yeah I’m not sold on us needing another striker just yet. What we need to address more is a) giving whoever plays better service and b) finding a formation and style of play to get the best from Daka and/or Nacho.

Seems odd when strikers aren’t scoring but not sure they’re the actual problem.

30 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

We should give that Ian Nacho guy a go

This! Daka got himself into excellent positions against Walsall, but never really looked like scoring. Ihenacho's goal might have been flukey but he looked dangerous throughout and is the more clinical finisher. I guess because he's not an "make runs in behind" type of striker that Rodgers doesn't think he can play up top by himself, but on current form, he's the one I think is most likely to score.

With Vardy having an awful season I can see another permanent striker coming in during the summer if we stay up. West Ham have been linked with Brazil U21 striker Marcos Leonardo, he'd be a good one to have!

• Like 1

I think come the summer we will be looking for a reset in the striking department. If Rodgers is still here then we need to sell Iheanacho for the good of his career as he's never going to get much game time under Rodgers. A new striker with Daka and Vardy as back up is what's needed although I reckon a loan for Daka to get his confidence up would be good but that would mean us needing 2 strikers which won't happen. I quite like Broja at Chelsea but depends how he comes back from this injury but with Chelsea signing every attacking player on the planet, I don't see him playing much there when he's fit. 

I just don't think any of them suit the loan striker rile. Not even Vardy anymore but two up top doesn't suit the other players in the team (Maddison doesn't fit a 442 and we don't really have the midfielders for 2 in the middle).

I think Nack os the best option. With Barnes/Maddison/Tete playing behind him, he can maybe get away with dropping deeper and linking play as long as those three play off him and run beyond. 

We needed creativity to support the strikers. We’ve done that. Just look at the finishes both Daka and Kelch have produced over the years. They’re poachers, now we’ve got a new out and out winger with the final product, so with that in mind it should allow both Daka and Kelch to play to their strengths.

Maybe something to look at in the summer. Tete coming in on that right hand side will allow us to move Maddison more centrally, and provide a distraction for the opposition allowing Barnes some more time and space. I still have faith in Daka, we don’t play to his strengths and give him the support in my view. It might help Nacho if he is put up top. Tete and Barnes alongside him might suit him dropping deeper and linking play and coming late into the box. Both strikers we have alongside Vardy are capable of being clinical.

2 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Kent 

I hope not from what I've read about him. If the itk's are right I'm hoping it's Harrison that will play that role as we need someone to hit the ground running. I read an article last night from the Leeds version of the merc and they say that £5 million over and above our first bid of £20 million will likely do it. 

I Could see Vardy making a decision to retire at the end of this season.  He strikes me as the sort of person who would go based on pride rather than wanting to be ineffective.   

We also all need to realise, that whoever replaces Vardy, isn't going to deliver the same output as him.   It won't make them "rubbish", we've just been blessed and spoilt by having one of the best strikers of his generation in the premier league, playing for Leicester. 

A reset is required, but that includes our expectations around the type of output that is delivered.