Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Justin

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

All players have a 35-50% relegation pay cut.

Someone previously earning £100k, will now be earning £65k in effect from June 1st at a maximum.

I’m sure that’s old ground, but are you saying that’s fine for the championship?

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

They have to legally release the average.

are you sure that includes all the staff you mentioned? If so, we are probably a whole load more ****ed than I have anticipated if Janice pouring my half time Chang is included in that average.

image.png.d3d09c6c10687b57f2b0849337981705.png

37 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

They have to legally release the average.

are you sure that includes all the staff you mentioned? If so, we are probably a whole load more ****ed than I have anticipated if Janice pouring my half time Chang is included in that average.

Yes, it’s in the accounts. Unlike the average, which you don’t need to release last time I checked. 

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

He's not going to be on 100k a week. 

...that was how I looked at it previously, but then I realised it is the starting point that matters not the reduced salary!!!

£100k per week with a 35% reduction comes down to £65k as opposed to a salary of £70k per week nets to £45.5k per week (more in tune with what is comparable to championship wages).

3 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

All players have a 35-50% relegation pay cut.

Someone previously earning £100k, will now be earning £65k in effect from June 1st at a maximum.

65k for a right back in the Championship....a lot of strikers down there don't get that

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Not heard any updates on JJ's fitness. Going to be needed as we'll be down to our last 4 full-backs if Timmy goes. 

Are you expecting updates on his fitness now the season is over? 

Won't get one til pre-season I imagine. So I guess the end of the month. 

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

He was fit at the end of last season, it was just that Rodgers had put Bertrand in the squad ahead of him. 

He wasn't expected to play again in the seaeon that's why. Don't think Rodgers was a doctor. He wasn't even a football manager.

Just now, StanSP said:

And they were meant to magically know this would be the case in January? 

I presume they don’t use magic, judging by our injury record. Most likely as medical professionals they will have received prior training to their employment at the club, which will enable them to make accurate assessments of how long an injury will take to recover.

48 minutes ago, StanSP said:

And they were meant to magically know this would be the case in January? 

I think a valid point is did anyone think Bertrand would a) be fit before the end of the season, and b) be anything but useless?

Yet Bertrand took up a squad place.

With youth on his side JJ must've always had a chance of getting fitter sooner?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I think a valid point is did anyone think Bertrand would a) be fit before the end of the season, and b) be anything but useless?

Yet Bertrand took up a squad place.

With youth on his side JJ must've always had a chance of getting fitter sooner?

Not necessarily. Literally every player has different timescales for returning. Young or old. 

At no point in January did anyone - us or the club - think Justin would be fit. It's just another (easy) reason to beat the club up by saying 'Justin should have been included'. No one could have foreseen a quicker recovery, really. 

If Justin was included in the squad in January, but never made it to fitness, people would be questioning 'why did a player with a serious injury get included?'. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not necessarily. Literally every player has different timescales for returning. Young or old. 

At no point in January did anyone - us or the club - think Justin would be fit. It's just another (easy) reason to beat the club up by saying 'Justin should have been included'. No one could have foreseen a quicker recovery, really. 

If Justin was included in the squad in January, but never made it to fitness, people would be questioning 'why did a player with a serious injury get included?'. 

Maybe, but my second point is Bertrand. Did we ever think he would be fit again? Would we ever want to play him again? 

As it turns out apparently he was fit towards the end of the season, but was no where near the first team squad.

4 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Maybe, but my second point is Bertrand. Did we ever think he would be fit again? Would we ever want to play him again? 

As it turns out apparently he was fit towards the end of the season, but was no where near the first team squad.

Christ. that's on a par with me

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yup another damned if you do, damned if you don't. Hind sight is a wonderful thing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Yup another damned if you do, damned if you don't. Hind sight is a wonderful thing. 

There was never going to be a point where Bertrand was going to play. We were all shocked when he was on the squad list because this was clear. It made no logical sense to have him on the squad list. But then it made no logical sense to get rid of both Perez and Albrighton but retain banished Vestergaard. 2 players took up squad places who were not going to play. We lost any opportunity to use JJ, we lost an alternative option to Tete. Another example of Rodgers absolutely losing the plot. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yes, I understand your point, maybe hindsight. But we spend an awfully lot on the medical team to get players fit as soon as possible and to predict accurately when that will be. Didn't JJ not recover quickly from his previous cruciate injury?

In this case they got the prediction wrong.

We elected to name Bertrand in the squad who would be fit earlier, but not likely to ever feature, against JJ who did recover in time, and would surely have been considered in the problematic left back position.

It's arguable it was a gamble we could've taken, and in hindsight should have. When the alternative was never going to be selected anyway.

• Like 1