Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Justin

4 hours ago, Bert said:

After two serious and career threatening injuries, I’d be surprised if anyone took a risk on him. Imagine he will stay and if he gets back to the JJ we know, clubs will come in for him in the winter. 

Similar with Ricardo, can't see anyone taking the risk on someone with his recent injuries. IF (and it's a big IF) they can stay fit, it might work out well in our favour this year. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Similar with Ricardo, can't see anyone taking the risk on someone with his recent injuries. IF (and it's a big IF) they can stay fit, it might work out well in our favour this year. 

Big "IF" on whether they can find the same levels of form too in my opinion. Neither did on their previous comebacks, but to be fair they were cut short by injury again.

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

Yep I’m with you mate. Only way I can see Ricardo going is a return to an old club. 

• Like 3

On 12/06/2023 at 16:19, Bert said:

Yep I’m with you mate. Only way I can see Ricardo going is a return to an old club. 

a blessing in disguise having these 2, with our lack of Wingers, Enzo may want Riccy further forward

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

a blessing in disguise having these 2, with our lack of Wingers, Enzo may want Riccy further forward

Reckon that'll be on the cards depending on recruitment. Also means you can get JJ, and one of Thomas/VK into the team too.

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Sadly with JJ and Ricky…..what the manager wants and gets will be different outcomes…love to be wrong but with their bodies appearing to be broken, I would be shocked if they played 30 games between them.

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Sadly with JJ and Ricky…..what the manager wants and gets will be different outcomes…love to be wrong but with their bodies appearing to be broken, I would be shocked if they played 30 games between them.

Rodgers has mass injuries everywhere talk of over training etc. maybe under another manager they won't face that issue

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Rodgers has mass injuries everywhere talk of over training etc. maybe under another manager they won't face that issue

Ohhh, I’m not disputing Rodgers’ history injury record but unless Enzo has the ability to rewind back 4 years, the damage on both Ricky P/JJ’s body is done IMO.

Both of them have since picked up innocuous knocks in matches that can’t be left at Rodgers door.

• Like 1

We can’t have ruined Justin surely? He’s still a youngish man. Ricky P maybe and he’s pushing 30.

Hopefully Enzo having come from a world class operation will see the gaps in ours, including getting our top sports science and approach to injuries/rehab back. I can’t help but think Rodgers had his grubby little hands in there as well.

• Like 2

Read a few days ago (but could have been a month knowing my brain, reckon a couple of weeks max though)... 

that he could potentially be angling for a move. Meant to post at the time but I reckon he is one we could and should play hardball with. Similar to fofana but without the massive price tag, he hasn't yet earned that right imo, especially with how we have looked after him with contracts despite injuries etc. We are selling enough players and so don't particularly need his transfer fee. 

Probably bollocks anyway but those are my views and would be interested in other people's take. Also more likely to bounce straight back up with him than without him imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

Read a few days ago (but could have been a month knowing my brain, reckon a couple of weeks max though)... 

that he could potentially be angling for a move. Meant to post at the time but I reckon he is one we could and should play hardball with. Similar to fofana but without the massive price tag, he hasn't yet earned that right imo, especially with how we have looked after him with contracts despite injuries etc. We are selling enough players and so don't particularly need his transfer fee. 

Probably bollocks anyway but those are my views and would be interested in other people's take. Also more likely to bounce straight back up with him than without him imo. 

Definitely think we should take this approach with a few of them. But we've seen this season it doesn't matter how talented you are when you want away and don't have the effort. Footballers are absolutely disgusting in general.

• Like 1

Who would seriously put an offer in for him? 

He’s been injured more than had good spells at the club.

I want him to do well and could use his athleticism if playing a back 3 but his time here (so far) for me would be “what if?” rather than he was quality (Ricky P).

Not sure about the over training theory that some have ?

it’s the unfittest lcfc team that I have seen for many a year..

there’s a reason why we dont press.. because they wernt fit enough..

my theory is that’s where the injuries come in slso 

Praet was blowing out of his arse 10 mins into a ga e towards the end of the season ..

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If he’s fully fit why was he at Seagrave when Enzo turned up? Aren’t all the players who n his kid at at the moment?

I had a stroke reading this

Edit: not that kind of stroke

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Will1981 said:

He is fully fit and could have played last few games of last season butbwas not named in premier league squad.

He may have been fit but zero chance of him being match fit.

I couldn’t think of any manager that would have risked JJ.

Edited by SafewayFox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

If he’s fully fit why was he at Seagrave when Enzo turned up? Aren’t all the players on their holidays at the moment?

holidays should be cancelled - they should be in pre preseason - getting fit to press in the  championship

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

holidays should be cancelled - they should be in pre preseason - getting fit to press in the  championship

...I understand your reasoning, and I think I would be doing all that I could to prepare for the coming season!!!

You do however need to clear your head, as to what transpired last season and approach the coming season with a fresh approach. Justin might just have been there to improve his fitness and game and it was an opportunity for Enzo to meet one of his new charges.