Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Justin

If the rumour of him being on 110k per week are true….chalk it up as another awful bit of business.

JJ is a good PL FB who is versatile but being on a higher wage than probably half of PL clubs top earners is madness considering his injury record and him actually being bang average for longer than his really good period with us.

6 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

If the rumour of him being on 110k per week are true….chalk it up as another awful bit of business.

JJ is a good PL FB who is versatile but being on a higher wage than probably half of PL clubs top earners is madness considering his injury record and him actually being bang average for longer than his really good period with us.

Not a chance he's on that much.

6 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

He came to us on £30k he got a contract extension in 22 which would have upped but no where near 110k but what ever it was needs must.

He got a full England call up and touted to go to the World Cup had we kept on the same contract we risked losing on a low ball offer due to low player wage & 1.5yrs left on contract so on a business sense extending his contract and upping his wages was good, he got a pay rise which said ok I can stay here & get a wage increase or if another club came in he then had 3.5-4yrs left on contract and would demand big offer, that = win/win so good business 🤷‍♂️ 

He then got injured again just as he was finding his feet and whilst having that ENG call up, this is unfortunate business I’d say.

With regards to on more than some of the top clubs players, Vardy is our highest earner and he is something like 56th in the league on wages, you then drop a considerable amount more to hit Maddison, it’s probably safe to say James probably has another 150-200 players ahead of him in the premiership wages count.

Not a chance he’s on £110k in the championship in any case.  It’s wages post relegation clauses that matter.

if he can stay injury free, he could be a key player in championship.  I’d sell any player for a decent fee - JJ included

2 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Not a chance he’s on £110k in the championship in any case.  It’s wages post relegation clauses that matter.

if he can stay injury free, he could be a key player in championship.  I’d sell any player for a decent fee - JJ included

Not a chance hes on £110k anyway, hes James Justin not Roberto Carlos

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Guvnor said:

It seems relatively easy to Google the players salaries for example JJ  30k a week , Vestergaard 70k , Vards 140k

JJ when first signed would have been on 30k, no way is he on that now.

We’re very over zealous with our wage bill, which is the one of the biggest reasons we’re in this mess as been stuck with a bloated, overpaid and average/aging squad that we can’t shift.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

JJ when first signed would have been on 30k, no way is he on that now.

Based on what?

He was probably on very little coming from Luton. I imagine he was on £10-15k when first signing here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, st albans fox said:

however, neither JJ or Ricky are earning six figure salaries, despite what you might have read 

But

But

We read it here on FT, so it must be true

:ph34r:

Edited by marbles
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Based on what?

He was probably on very little coming from Luton. I imagine he was on £10-15k when first signing here.

Run of the mill Championship players are on that. He will have been on far more as a 13m rated player. And he's signed a.nrw deal since,. right? 

I'd guess he's on our 'band c' wage and around 60 a week basic

• Like 3

I don't think JJ's wage is one that we need to worry about relative to the rest of our squad. With the wage cut in his contract he'll be on a very manageable salary for us - a year in the Championship will do him good too if he can get through it injury free. 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2023 at 09:22, Fazzer 7 said:

I think he'll come good and regain his form in the championship. It's a keep from me. 

He'd be incredible in the Championship. 

I'd let him go if the money was needed for other areas, but this is a player that can play either side, has been called up for England and was a major part of the recent good times.

He's been better for us than Chilwell was. 

2 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I also understand that JJ is an extremely grounded decent young man from a few local contacts around here. He's a good character, and we desperately need plenty of them. I wonder if he might be captaincy material. Very much hope we keep him. If we can keep Ricky P, JJ, Luke and Viktor, and sell Timmy for £15 million, that would represent good work in the full back department in my opinion.

On JJ i have heard the same from local herts/beds contacts. My young lad few years ago was coached by few luton academy boys and they all had only good things to say about JJ. Lets hope the lad can once again reach the fitness and form that got him the England call.

5 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I also understand that JJ is an extremely grounded decent young man from a few local contacts around here. He's a good character, and we desperately need plenty of them. I wonder if he might be captaincy material. Very much hope we keep him. If we can keep Ricky P, JJ, Luke and Viktor, and sell Timmy for £15 million, that would represent good work in the full back department in my opinion.

If we get £15m for Timmy we have had a blinder, he has been mediocre at best for a long time and surprised he hasn’t copped more flak.

I know we've been giving our top players silly money, but JJ won't be on these figures. Pre-injury he was one of the best in his position, and the occasional times he has been back, he's done pretty well. He's also got a sensible head on him. Get him fit and ready for the season, and he could be brilliant for us.

• Like 1