Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Justin

I have sympathy for JJ in that he hasn't really been involved in this mess but will have his salary cut.

Any first team player that wants out or will only stay for negotiated reductions can go forth and multiply, they are the last thing we need.

6 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I can massively see Luton looking at grabbing him back on a loan with option to buy if they stay up/we stay down.

If they win against Cov of course.

I can't. Luton ain't gonna start paying £50k wages any time soon until their new ground is all sorted 

• Like 2

I don’t think he’ll push for a move but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s interested parties looking at him. He needs to knuckle down and get playing again, focusing on his fitness. He’s a massive gamble for any club with his injury record.

• Like 3

Just now, ozleicester said:

As we should

Correct. But to suggest he’ll walk at the first opportunity cos he’s getting a pay cut doesn’t sit right with me. Is there no loyalty anymore? We won’t be getting lots of offers for players like JJ. PL teams aren’t going to risk 15-20mill on a player that has only just got back from injury. He has to prove himself again basically so needs to crack on. If players aren’t happy with pay cuts they shouldn’t sign the contracts.

• Like 3

This will be an unprecedented level of players wanting out. I think there's going to be a hell of a lot of bitterness from our fans to our players even compared to where it's currently at.

I am convinced this is the greatest squander in the leagues history.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Think we need to keep some of the group.

Ricardo Souttar Faes and Justin should be a decent back line for that level and that’s without adding any new players to the squad.

I would want Faes out. It's highly likely he'd be well suited a league down but then you have to keep him if we go up and I just don't see him improving.

Would want the other 3 though starting each game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Correct. But to suggest he’ll walk at the first opportunity cos he’s getting a pay cut doesn’t sit right with me. Is there no loyalty anymore? We won’t be getting lots of offers for players like JJ. PL teams aren’t going to risk 15-20mill on a player that has only just got back from injury. He has to prove himself again basically so needs to crack on. If players aren’t happy with pay cuts they shouldn’t sign the contracts.

TBF, if someone wandered up to me and said ill double your pay to do the same job... id be hard pushed to refuse.

There is NO loyalty in football hasnt been for 50 years.

If people want to buy him, it would seem he doesnt have to prove himself.

PLayers sign contracts, clubs agree andf then if someone comes along and make an offer for a player that the club and the payer agree with... the contract is fulfilled and the player leaves.

Anything over £10m I'd sell anyway, I don't see us overhauling Segrave quick enough for him to be able to reinvent his game to not get another long term injury so it just continues to be money down the pan.

I'd also let Ricardo leave on a free.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Iain Hume didn't want to leave City but we were cutting his wages and he'd just bought a house and got a mortgage based on what he was earning. Aware what Justin would drop down to, would still be a very very good wage, but would you want to possibly have to change your lifestyle completly? Regardless of how good it would still be compared to the general public.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

We’ve been paying his salary in full for 2 years while he’s been injured

...not his fault that he has suffered these long-term injuries, but as you have said, he has been paid for his time outside of the team!!!

As a young man with perhaps family responsibilities, he is right to look for the best deal he can get, but this is a life lesson. This is not his fault, that he may find himself now having to play in a lower league, but show some sense of integrity and take what the club has stipulated and work to get the club back up.

You tend to find out who you are in adversity, and no one wants to see themselves as a mercenary, show some integrity.

Edited by sacreblueits442

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

TBF, if someone wandered up to me and said ill double your pay to do the same job... id be hard pushed to refuse.

There is NO loyalty in football hasnt been for 50 years.

If people want to buy him, it would seem he doesnt have to prove himself.

PLayers sign contracts, clubs agree andf then if someone comes along and make an offer for a player that the club and the payer agree with... the contract is fulfilled and the player leaves.

Of course but think that’s unlikely with JJ in fact we’d possibly be paying the same wage for him in the championship than Roma can afford to offer him. Also I see this as short term thinking. He will probably paid more over the long term if he stays for one season in the championship and we hopefully get promoted his wage goes back up, than signing for Luton for 1 season then bacl relegated again.

Remember Joe Mattock? Jumped ship as soon as we were relegated. Can almost  guarantee he’d have had a better career if he’d have stayed.

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

Of course but think that’s unlikely with JJ in fact we’d possibly be paying the same wage for him in the championship than Roma can afford to offer him. Also I see this as short term thinking. He will probably paid more over the long term if he stays for one season in the championship and we hopefully get promoted his wage goes back up, than signing for Luton for 1 season then bacl relegated again.

Remember Joe Mattock? Jumped ship as soon as we were relegated. Can almost  guarantee he’d have had a better career if he’d have stayed.

Mattock left after we got promoted back to the Championship, not after relegation. But I agree that he’d probably have had a better career had he stayed. No real loss though - he was rubbish.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Anything over £10m I'd sell anyway, I don't see us overhauling Segrave quick enough for him to be able to reinvent his game to not get another long term injury so it just continues to be money down the pan.

But obviously keep Tete?

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Bit early to be on the drink, Ric!

• Haha 1