Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

James Justin

£20 million for a player that can't stay fit would be insane, unfortunately I can't see it happening

1) I imagine an Italian team would not give us anywhere near that amount and it'd end up being about £4 million up front with 16 in impossible add ons.

2) He'd almost certainly fail his physical.

56 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He'll have a career on and off the injury table now, we should probably sell for that figure. 

Plus if/when we go down we're going to get absolutely raided, even for our squad players, so expect to see plenty more links like this one! 

Agree with this.

The second thing wouldn’t necessarily be a bad thing either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beachyboy said:

I seen something about the finances before the Leicester v Brighton game in January. The Brighton fan who had a grasp apparently on football finances was asked by the Leicester fan, if Leicester were to be relegated how badly financially would it hit the club. The answer was although it wouldn’t be good, it wouldn't be as catastrophic as some make out. It may explain why Top didn't act sooner to get rid of Rogers sooner when all evidence was that it wasn't going to turn around.

idont think Brighton have many players on 100+k a week… so it’s hard to make the comparison… plus we’ve shown ourselves to not be very good at shifting deadwood recently…

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Unless it's some sort of new Roma business strat of buying young English talent, making them look good in a lesser league and sell on back to England for big bucks, I can't see them being willing to fork out 20mill.

That's not actually a bad strategy 

• Like 1

JJ's a great lad aswell - you want to build squads with his character & intelligence a key part of it ... That said if his injuries put him at too much a risk and they're offering that sort of cash we'd be silly to turn it down.

A knock on to basically freezing our transfer business for a year, and contracts is that even players we'd be better off taking an offer on we're probably not going to be able to due to the sheer numbers that will move on this summer.

I don't think we'll be capable of signing 12 players in a summer. We haven't got competent enough heads. It took us 3 weeks into January to buy somebody from the Danish league.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MPH said:

idont think Brighton have many players on 100+k a week… so it’s hard to make the comparison… plus we’ve shown ourselves to not be very good at shifting deadwood recently…

....55% of the tv revenue when or if we go down!!!

Youri Tielemans         May 7, 1997 (25) Belgium
DR Congo
Jun 30, 2023 - €30.00m 
Tetê Tetê
Right Winger
Feb 15, 2000 (23) Brazil Jun 30, 2023 Option to buy €25.00m 
Daniel Amartey Daniel Amartey
Centre-Back
Dec 21, 1994 (28) Ghana Jun 30, 2023 - €15.00m 
Caglar Söyüncü Caglar Söyüncü
Centre-Back
May 23, 1996 (26) Turkey Jun 30, 2023 - €15.00m 
Nampalys Mendy Nampalys Mendy
Defensive Midfield
Jun 23, 1992 (30) Senegal
France
Jun 30, 2023 - €3.50m 
Jonny Evans Jonny Evans 
Centre-Back
Jan 3, 1988 (35) Northern Ireland Jun 30, 2023 - €3.00m 
Ryan Bertrand Ryan Bertrand 
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....55% of the tv revenue when or if we go down!!!

Youri Tielemans         May 7, 1997 (25) Belgium
DR Congo
Jun 30, 2023 - €30.00m 
Tetê Tetê
Right Winger
Feb 15, 2000 (23) Brazil Jun 30, 2023 Option to buy €25.00m 
Daniel Amartey Daniel Amartey
Centre-Back
Dec 21, 1994 (28) Ghana Jun 30, 2023 - €15.00m 
Caglar Söyüncü Caglar Söyüncü
Centre-Back
May 23, 1996 (26) Turkey Jun 30, 2023 - €15.00m 
Nampalys Mendy Nampalys Mendy
Defensive Midfield
Jun 23, 1992 (30) Senegal
France
Jun 30, 2023 - €3.50m 
Jonny Evans Jonny Evans 
Centre-Back
Jan 3, 1988 (35) Northern Ireland Jun 30, 2023 - €3.00m 
Ryan Bertrand Ryan Bertrand 

im confused as to the reason you included this pic?

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. sorry, these are the players who are at the end of their contracts this season!!!

Replacements required, we could drop alot of the wages with the new contracts that we make from now.

ok no worries. I was just confused by the prices attached.

I am not convinced by the arguements put forward to sell Justin. For me a sell on fee of £20 m is the sort of figure we would be looking to spend on a replacement with comparable upside and talent. He is young and we know he fits in well at our club. He has had a few unfortunate injuries but nothing that is likely to curtail his potential at this stage. He has been unlucky so far but he is not done. The replacement risk for me overshadows the sale and I would keep our best up and coming talent. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Development squad captain Lewis Brunt, and out-of-favour defensive duo Ryan Bertrand and Jannik Vestergaard were all handed places in the squad over Justin.

:brendan_still:

Nightmare isn’t it! Do hope that this means he can spend more time on strength and conditioning and come back stronger and fitter. Didn’t feel like we got the proper JJ last time he came back.

• Like 1

On 29/04/2023 at 20:06, Gamble92 said:

Development squad captain Lewis Brunt, and out-of-favour defensive duo Ryan Bertrand and Jannik Vestergaard were all handed places in the squad over Justin.

:brendan_still:

Don't think he would have made the difference, he has never really jumped back to previous levels when recovering from injury. Better for him to come back stronger next season with plenty of time to prepare his body.

On 15/04/2023 at 12:06, HankMarvin said:

JUST DO IT 

Leicester defender James Justin ‘wanted by Roma after impressing boss Jose Mourinho

ROMA are eyeing Leicester ace James Justin ahead of the summer transfer window, reports suggest.

The Giallorossi manager Jose Mourinho is looking for defensive reinforcement for next season and rates Justin highly.

According to CalcioMercato, the Serie A giants have met with CAA Stellar, which is the agency that represents the right-back.

The company has a clientele that also includes other Roma transfer targets, such as Fiorentina's Sofyan Amrabat and Chelsea's Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

During that meeting between the two parties, Justin's name arose as a potential prospect.

And Mourinho was very impressed with the England international last season when Leicester and Roma met in the Europa Conference League.

The Portuguese tactician watched the 25-year-old in action during the semi-finals, which saw the Special One's players knock the Premier League outfit out.

And Roma are keen to make a move, despite the defender's recent injury woes.

The Romans are hoping they can agree a cut-price deal with Leicester due to Justin's fitness struggles and club's potential relegation.

That is why Roma are planning a €20million (£17.8m) bid for the ex-Luton star.

Wouldn't pass the medical. 

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Talksport reporting JJ will push for a move. Fairly laughable when he can't stay fit for more than a few months at a time. 

everyone will push for a move m8. end times are near

41 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Talksport reporting JJ will push for a move. Fairly laughable when he can't stay fit for more than a few months at a time. 

this will happen

players are on automatic salary reductions on relegation. but this is open to negotiations

players will get to know over next couple weeks which ones the club want to keep. (we do need to bounce back and selling everyone isnt the right thing).

lets say JJ is one of those.  lets say his salary is currently 90k. lets say he has an automatic reduction of 40% down to 54k. if i'm his agent then i'm creating 'interest' in my client with clubs who are prepared to pay JJ 75k+. so i'd say to the club - look JJ is prepared to stay and help the club get back but only with a salary reduction of 20%.   that doesn't necessarily reflect JJ's feelings but his agent should be taking control to ensure his client suffers minimally financially. 

he wont be the only one