Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Barnes

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

50million is a joke! he ain't worth that much relegated or not. I'd be happy with even £30million for him.

...he is English, and he has had productive seasons in the Premier League, like it or not there is an English premium!!!

You may not consider his value to be around the £60m mark, but it won't be far wrong.

Got a feeling he goes this summer, regardless if we stay up or not.

£50m if we go down.

Perhaps the club will be able to wrangle another £10-15m if we stay up. But I imagine his agent will do a lot of heavy lifting to get him to a club that's in the top half or possibly in Europe. 

It's a shame, as it'd be good to keep at least one star after Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu all indefinitely leave.

8 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Got a feeling he goes this summer, regardless if we stay up or not.

£50m if we go down.

Perhaps the club will be able to wrangle another £10-15m if we stay up. But I imagine his agent will do a lot of heavy lifting to get him to a club that's in the top half or possibly in Europe. 

It's a shame, as it'd be good to keep at least one star after Maddison, Tielemans, Soyuncu all indefinitely leave.

No chance of that figure imo 

if we go down then we may squeeze £30m 

if we stay up then perhaps £40m/45m

he can play out the next year and then we’re buggered with only a year left 

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Especially when you also see dossers like Gordon move for £45m

He'd scored 7 PL goals at the time. 

The last time Barnes didn't match or outscore that total in single season was 2017-18 when he was at Barnsley. We should snap anybody's hands off for £30m though

:cap:

• Like 1

Well if we're getting 50 for Barnes and presumably a bit more for Maddison we've got £100mill+ to rebuild before we dip into any other funds. It's not a terrible situation. In fact, it's probably the kind of situation that makes Flair and Moore quite moist at the prospect!

21 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

2 years left on his contract, multiple clubs interested, we really should be holding out for £50m+.

I always think two years is the pivot point when it's neutral who has the whip hand between player and club. £50m for a player who is 25 is generally very good business, this is probably their peak value and it's not bad business to sell any player at their peak value for a club like ours.

One thing is for sure even if we stay up we're not that club anymore, the club that can disrupt the elite clubs. We need to get back to basics and being a well run club with a great scouting team who can pick up young talent and develop it and sell it on, rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Jesus people thinking the 13th highest in the PL and 7th highest scoring English man isn't worth 50m lol

We’d be quoted £20m+ for most (worse) wingers, even in the championship too.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

What is the current record sale for a Championship side? 

I think it is either the Watkins to Villa deal which was £28m rising to £33m or the recent Joao Pedro to Brighton deal which is £30m

Barnes and Maddison should both be higher than those

Edited by moore_94

38 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yeah, people have really warped views about the quality of wingers outside the "big 6" if they think Barnes is only worth £30mil.

Barnes is about as good a winger as you can get for a non-"big 6" side, players who have that kind of output are so rare.

I do agree, but I'd also be interested to see the likes of Eze's output if he were in a better team.

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I think it is either the Watkins to Villa deal which was £28m rising to £33m or the recent Joao Pedro to Brighton deal which is £30m

Barnes and Maddison should both be higher than those

Nathan Ake £41m to man city.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 1

The hate Barnes gets is ridiculous. He’s one a very few creative players we have and this is the main reason he is frustrating. When he’s gone and we don’t replace him all you idiots calling for him to go for £20 mill will look stupid. 

He’s a £50 million footballer minimum. 

• Like 1

English and capable of 10-15 goals a season.   He is at least a £30m player probably a lot more. 

It’s a bit like Ward Prowse - someone  low risk as you know they are more than capable in the Premiership.