Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Ricardo Pereira

9 hours ago, Gerard said:

Why on earth would we loan out such a high quality player for no fee and cover half of his wages for the privilege?

Makes no sense whatsoever, where have you got this information from?

Who is going to pay for him?

High quality player? It isn’t 2019-20 anymore. 

Suspect we may end up loaning out some this year, the likes of Soumare, Ndidi and Castagne May all end up going out on loan before we eventually sell. It’s just football, they are on high wages.

It doesn’t make no sense whatsoever at all. I’m just passing on what I’ve been told. 

16 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Suspect we may end up loaning out some this year, the likes of Soumare, Ndidi and Castagne May all end up going out on loan before we eventually sell. It’s just football, they are on high wages.

It doesn’t make no sense whatsoever at all. I’m just passing on what I’ve been told. 

His wages will have been reduced like everybody else's. It would be completely insane to loan him out, depriving us of his services, for no transfer fee  in exchange for another club paying half his already-reduced wages.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

The thing is though, if we were paying 50% of his wages... Added to whatever we are going to be paying his replacement... It will probably end up about the same anyway so wouldn't it make more sense to keep Ricardo who will probably be better than anyone we bring in?

Unless ofcourse he's pushing to go.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

The thing is though, if we were paying 50% of his wages... Added to whatever we are going to be paying his replacement... It will probably end up about the same anyway so wouldn't it make more sense to keep Ricardo who will probably be better than anyone we bring in?

Unless ofcourse he's pushing to go.  

Or, he has a good loan spell for a year and comes back when we are promoted for us then to get a fee for him or treat him like a new signing? 

1 minute ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Or, he has a good loan spell for a year and comes back when we are promoted for us then to get a fee for him or treat him like a new signing? 

But we would have a better chance of being promoted with him in the side than anyone else we are likely to sign... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Who told you?

Assuming he was on 90k a week and his wages are now 45k a week. If we're paying half his wages and the loan club are paying the other half then it saves us 22.5k per week in wages.

So the conundrum is do we have Ricardo for the season at a cost of £22.5k per week or not?

It makes no sense whatsoever to loan him out on those terms when if he stays fit he'll be head and shoulders the best RB in the league. Personally I'd like to keep both Ricardo and JJ and ease them in by rotating them playing once a week at RB whilst Thomas and VK play LB.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Who told you?

Assuming he was on 90k a week and his wages are now 45k a week. If we're paying half his wages and the loan club are paying the other half then it saves us 22.5k per week in wages.

So the conundrum is do we have Ricardo for the season at a cost of £22.5k per week or not?

It makes no sense whatsoever to loan him out on those terms when if he stays fit he'll be head and shoulders the best RB in the league. Personally I'd like to keep both Ricardo and JJ and ease them in by rotating them playing once a week at RB whilst Thomas and VK play LB.

That's the Millon dollar question 

37 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Who told you?

Dependent on the terms of that contract, the relegation wage reduction is waived if loaned by a top flight club. So the wages go back to £90k a week on your example and Leicester having to pay £45k of it 

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Dependent on the terms of that contract, the relegation wage reduction is waived if loaned by a top flight club. So the wages go back to £90k a week on your example and Leicester having to pay £45k of it 

So if Ricardo was on £90k a week then and had his contract reduced to 50% on relegation we pay him £45k per week.

If we send him on loan and the wage reduction is waived we still have to pay him £45k per week.

So our choices are send him on loan at a cost of £45k per week or keep him here and play him for £45k per week.

No brainer then on that logic, zero benefit to us. :blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Who told you?

I’d love to keep them both too, but having two right backs on 60K+ a week EACH won’t be happening in the championship. 

Ricardo was on more than 90K p/w in the prem and the majority of players have had 35% reductions in wages, not 50%. The only one who’s potentially had a 50% deduction is Vardy as a 35% deduction still had him earning in excess of 100k p/w. 

Kasey Mcateer is being looked at as a RWB option to back up JJ/RP. 

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I’d love to keep them both too, but having two right backs on 60K+ a week EACH won’t be happening in the championship. 

Ricardo was on more than 90K p/w in the prem and the majority of players have had 35% reductions in wages, not 50%. The only one who’s potentially had a 50% deduction is Vardy as a 35% deduction still had him earning in excess of 100k p/w. 

Kasey Mcateer is being looked at as a RWB option to back up JJ/RP. 

Even if your £60k per week is right then if we're loaning him out and paying half his wages then it still only costs us £30k per week more to keep him for the season.

The figures make no sense.

On 03/07/2023 at 12:46, Gerard said:

So if Ricardo was on £90k a week then and had his contract reduced to 50% on relegation we pay him £45k per week.

If we send him on loan and the wage reduction is waived we still have to pay him £45k per week.

So our choices are send him on loan at a cost of £45k per week or keep him here and play him for £45k per week.

No brainer then on that logic, zero benefit to us. :blink:

So have I got this right? One of the best players ever to have played in the 2nd tier, effectively, for nothing. 

Edited by Foxmeister

48 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's been back since the first day...

You misunderstand, Chrysalis is one of the clubs physios and Riccy has just walked through his door. So for Chrys, he's properly back now!

Edited by JimJams

5 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If he’s fit, he’ll be the best player in The Championship. If you actively want rid of him, you’re mad!

there’s people that actively want rid of Barnes and  Maddison, mate.  Ricky P isn’t safe either lol

• Haha 1