Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Ricardo Pereira

Great player, lovely character. Can't see him flourishing in the Championship, they'll just kick him and he's injury prone - if there's a chance to get some money back then sell while we can.

Sad losing players like this, especially seeing how high his ceiling was 4yrs ago. Wish him all the best.

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Send him on loan with them paying the full wages. If he stays fit for the season bring him back if we go up. If we don't go up and he has stayed fit i am sure we would still get a few mill for him. 

Horrible situation for one of the good guys in my eyes but i think the above is best for all parties. 

Yeah I think he's the most likely we let go on loan. The majority of others we'd be looking to sell or keep.

If we keep Ricardo, how many games until that familiar, sickening sight of him down on the pitch with a major knock?

In the Prem we could afford that risk. Not any more.

One of our finest players of a golden era, now ended. Hope against hope he can stay fit wherever he goes.

• Like 1

Ricardo maybe OK if the club hard a competent fitness department. 

Trouble is will we let him go without a fee and will he take a pay cut? 

The guy is a professional and a winner, he's nit a bad personality to have around.

• Like 1

Would be gutted if he went - I just feel we deserve to see him at his best rather than the dismal injured last few seasons, although I have doubts whether we'll get more than 15 games a season out of him.

I said he was too lightweight for the Premiership when we signed him and sadly so it's proved.

A huge Talent when he signed and a fitting replacement for Simpson, Sadly Injuries have destroyed him.

I'd take anything we can get for him as he's not worth the risk in the Championship.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Would be gutted if he went - I just feel we deserve to see him at his best rather than the dismal injured last few seasons, although I have doubts whether we'll get more than 15 games a season out of him.

I think we have already seen him at his best, and there is little chance of him finding his best form again.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

He's a significant favourite of surely nearly all of us.

But he's one of our higher earners, isn't he? I wouldn't be surprised if we pay him more per actual performance (given his injury record) than any other of our actually decent players. We'd probably be better served letting him go and replacing him with a younger, fitter player.

£80k a week according to Spotrac.

Love the guy but we can’t have Ricardo and Justin as our two options for a 46 games season plus cups. Both are too unreliable. I’ve said since the start one maybe but not both.

Justin is the better one to keep so send Ricardo on his way with our best wishes and hope he re-finds some consistent fitness and form.

17 hours ago, Will1981 said:

Get him gone a great player when fit with a great attitude but always injured and on a big wage.

Disagreee with the “great player when fit” tbh. Think even when he has played he’s generally looked pretty poor since his injury, same with Justin.

Of course he was a brilliant player pre-injury but he hasn’t really shown it since his injury 2.5 years ago.

He’s on a PL wage, I get he’d a likeable guy and was brilliant for us pre-injury, but I’m surprised by how some (not the post I’m quoting) want him to stay. Keeping him would be silly in our situation.

• Like 1

We shouldn't be keeping anybody with a history of injury troubles if we can get something for them, or even if their departure makes no money but allows us to bring in someone young, with potential and a clean slate of health.

• Like 1