Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Ricardo Pereira

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

One of the best players in a fantastic team pre injury, and upon rumours of him leaving, the best a good number of posters can say is "crock, get rid"

This is a bit reactionary.

There’s always going to be people who post in the way you have said and that’s more on them. 

The majority have acknowledged how good he was and that his best was sadly taken by injury. However, head over heart, if you can get any fee for him and replace him with a player on much lower wages and a younger age, without the injury problems, it’s good business and we need to be smarter. Keeping Ricardo out of sentiment would be bad business.

Doesn’t mean the vast majority don’t appreciate what a player he was before the injuries and wish him well if a move happens.

Would also be good for him to have a fresh start and play at a good level on Europe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

There’s always going to be people who post in the way you have said and that’s more on them. 

The majority have acknowledged how good he was and that his best was sadly taken by injury. However, head over heart, if you can get any fee for him and replace him with a player on much lower wages and a younger age, without the injury problems, it’s good business and we need to be smarter. Keeping Ricardo out of sentiment would be bad business.

Doesn’t mean the vast majority don’t appreciate what a player he was before the injuries and wish him well if a move happens.

Would also be good for him to have a fresh start and play at a good level on Europe.

Every fan should appreciate what a player he was and wish him well, not just wave him off. It's disappointing that even 1 fan's parting words for Ricardo is 3 words long.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

This is spot on.

in terms of ability I still think he’s one of the best right backs in the prem, unfortunately he can’t string 3 games together, it will be worse in a more physical league with extra games. 

I’ll probably get ridiculed for this but Ledley king was a better defender than John Terry, the reason he didn’t get accolades is because he was made of glass. Unfortunately Ricci P is starting to look to be In a similar situation.

Hopefully if Ricci goes back home the warm weather may be kinder to his body and he can regain some fitness/form. I’ll wish him all the best but if I was the board I’d be looking to get him off the wage bill, sentiment got us in this mess.

8 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Every fan should appreciate what a player he was and wish him well, not just wave him off. It's disappointing that even 1 fan's parting words for Ricardo is 3 words long.

Oh I 100% agree. I just know that you get people who just like to either be negative about anything, just want to try and be edgy or struggle with sentence structures and can only manage 3 words. And yes, to be fair there was a couple more negative ones than I thought!

But yes, everyone ‘reasonable’ will either make their own view on wanting to keep him or at least say they are happy for him to move on in a better way as I say. It is still one of the more positive threads on here about a player currently lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

This is spot on.

in terms of ability I still think he’s one of the best right backs in the prem, unfortunately he can’t string 3 games together, it will be worse in a more physical league with extra games. 

I’ll probably get ridiculed for this but Ledley king was a better defender than John Terry, the reason he didn’t get accolades is because he was made of glass. Unfortunately Ricci P is starting to look to be In a similar situation.

Hopefully if Ricci goes back home the warm weather may be kinder to his body and he can regain some fitness/form. I’ll wish him all the best but if I was the board I’d be looking to get him off the wage bill, sentiment got us in this mess.

This is it, we need to be really smart with our resources and can’t have players we suspect will be out for long periods of time. Which is why I’d worry with Riccy and JJ. I mean you could bring him a new right back and they could do their ACL on their debut and be out all season but at least they’d be on the lower wages. 

I can’t honestly say I ever saw much of Lesley King (I guess that’s the point lol) but I won’t laugh at that. I’m sure there’s many cases of players who would have been much better than others with a better reputation if not for long times out injured.

I must say the exception is Jack Wilshere. My wife and I put soccer aid on on Sunday and he was still crap at that level lol

Could a loan move away with a deferred wage/bonus if we got promoted be good for both parties? I have a theory. 

The is a guy who openly loves the club, but has had awful luck with injuries in the last few years. As many I’m sure agree he’s been one shining light for us when fit and was seen as one of the best right backs in the league (if not the best along side TAA). He hasn’t necessarily said he wants to go, but part of me thinks he wouldn’t fancy the championship, even tho I think he’d be a class RWB/RW at this level and get goals and assists for days. 

Lets say he goes on loan, his wages are already docked 50% with us down ( approx50-60k a week), say Porto pay up to 40-45k, the difference is paid by us during the loan or back to him if we win promotion. He gets regular game time, a chance to rebuild his career and if it doesn’t suit Porto on a permanent deal we’ve got a premier league level full back ready to go next season. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SB87_LCFC said:

Could a loan move away with a deferred wage/bonus if we got promoted be good for both parties? I have a theory. 

The is a guy who openly loves the club, but has had awful luck with injuries in the last few years. As many I’m sure agree he’s been one shining light for us when fit and was seen as one of the best right backs in the league (if not the best along side TAA). He hasn’t necessarily said he wants to go, but part of me thinks he wouldn’t fancy the championship, even tho I think he’d be a class RWB/RW at this level and get goals and assists for days. 

Lets say he goes on loan, his wages are already docked 50% with us down ( approx50-60k a week), say Porto pay up to 40-45k, the difference is paid by us during the loan or back to him if we win promotion. He gets regular game time, a chance to rebuild his career and if it doesn’t suit Porto on a permanent deal we’ve got a premier league level full back ready to go next season. 

I'm not on board with this at all.  It means Porto get the player's services (even expecting us to  chip in on his pay), while LCFC retain the injury risk.

If he breaks down -- or if Porto just play him into the ground -- he could be finished.  But comes back to us with pay still due through May 2026.

If another club values him, they can buy him, not rent him, and assume the risk.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KingsX said:

I'm not on board with this at all.  It means Porto get the player's services (even expecting us to  chip in on his pay), while LCFC retain the injury risk.

If he breaks down -- or if Porto just play him into the ground -- he could be finished.  But comes back to us with pay still due through May 2026.

If another club values him, they can buy him, not rent him, and assume the risk.

Fair comment, in an ideal scenario im

sure we all want him to play for us, I’m sure the club has pursued all possible avenues. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love Riccy. For me when on form and not injured I’d definitely say he’s not far from “world class”. He also seems a genuinely nice guy and he’s probably my favourite ever RB. I’d love to keep him and for him to come good but as others have said, if we could get some money for him and replace him with someone younger, cheaper and not injury prone it’s probably a smart move. I’d be sad to see him

go, but objectively it’s probably a good idea. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Ricardo still in Portugal. Just seen his insta. Kinda strange seeing as players supposed to be back tomorrow

Flights from Portugal to the UK -  what 2.5. Hours?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I love Riccy. For me when on form and not injured I’d definitely say he’s not far from “world class”. He also seems a genuinely nice guy and he’s probably my favourite ever RB. I’d love to keep him and for him to come good but as others have said, if we could get some money for him and replace him with someone younger, cheaper and not injury prone it’s probably a smart move. I’d be sad to see him

Don't think you need to qualify with 'not far from'.  Peak Riccy was world class, could have walked into pretty much any team in the Prem I reckon.  Was a privilege and a joy to watch him in that sort of form.  

Whilst you're probably right about selling him there's still a part of me that desperately wants to see him hit that form again for us. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Don't think you need to qualify with 'not far from'.  Peak Riccy was world class, could have walked into pretty much any team in the Prem I reckon.  Was a privilege and a joy to watch him in that sort of form.  

Whilst you're probably right about selling him there's still a part of me that desperately wants to see him hit that form again for us. 

Oh aye, I feel exactly the same. Would love him to stay. But if I think 100% head over heart it does make sense to sell. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yes a nice guy.Very good going forward but

average to poor at times defending.Nowhere near world class,but was heading in the right direction pre-injury.Need to get him off the wage bill and move on unfortunately, harsh had it is he is injury plagued and never fully fit.

23 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Hope you have a YouTube account as that’s the only place you will be seeing it. He’s done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Why on earth would we loan out such a high quality player for no fee and cover half of his wages for the privilege?

Makes no sense whatsoever, where have you got this information from?

Rudkinsence?