Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Dennis Praet

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I assume we will push for a little more, but I can see us taking 4m

Let's say he's on 60k which is a modest guess that's 3.1m a year roughly 

We all have 1/5th of his Amortised transfer fee of 18m on the books which 3.9m  

So it creates a positive swinging in the books of around 12m in our accounts (transfer fee + Wage savings + reduced Amortisation).

No brainer 

Great shame you are not running the finances at the Club.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I assume we will push for a little more, but I can see us taking 4m

Let's say he's on 60k which is a modest guess that's 3.1m a year roughly 

We all have 1/5th of his Amortised transfer fee of 18m on the books which 3.9m  

So it creates a positive swinging in the books of around 12m in our accounts (transfer fee + Wage savings + reduced Amortisation).

No brainer 

Hah not quite.  If you sell the player you have to write off the remaining book value which would be the same as the amortisation, so in cash terms you save the wages and recongnise the sale value, but in profit terms you only save the amortisation and the wages.  In no way do you get to add up all three.  Cash and Profit both improve by 7.1M.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Hah not quite.  If you sell the player you have to write off the remaining book value which would be the same as the amortisation, so in cash terms you save the wages and recongnise the sale value, but in profit terms you only save the amortisation and the wages.  In no way do you get to add up all three.  Cash and Profit both improve by 7.1M.

Thanks I'm not expert but have a causal interest in football finances.

But surely all 3 elements effect a combine swing on clubs over about overall finance position and for FFP?

17 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Not convinced he is worse than KDH or Soumane personally.  Happy for him to be sold for a decent fee but he’d be a decent player in the championship 

Not saying he is the answer but he is a lot stronger than both of them in the areas which caused more problems for our team and ultimately lost us points. 

If he wants to stay he will be a starter in the Championship.

• Like 2

If we are only getting offered 2m for him, surely we are better off just keeping him. He'd be a class above in this league.  I could  picture him having the same improvement as Sande Berg in this league.  He's very good technically, it would be good for Maresca to get a look at him before we ship him out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

If we are only getting offered 2m for him, surely we are better off just keeping him. He'd be a class above in this league.  I could  picture him having the same improvement as Sande Berg in this league.  He's very good technically, it would be good for Maresca to get a look at him before we ship him out. 

One of the reasons we are in this mess is keeping players who don't want to be here. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He was an absolute disgrace at Fulham.  Blowing out of his arse after 10 mins and should have been hooked earlier than he was.

No excuse for a top level footballer to be that unfit.  Get rid and save on the wages. £5m is a crap offer if somebody offers that amount, SELL SELL SELL! Clubs are hardly beating down the door to sign him.

• Like 1

Absolutely have to get rid. The more the merrier for me from this bunch, especially those on huge wages like he supposedly is. We obviously haven't seen the best of him but we have to be more ruthless going forward. Unless you're fully committed to us, you can go. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

One of the reasons we are in this mess is keeping players who don't want to be here. 

True, but new management and other fresh players could make it same club but whole different feel.

I'm not desperate for him to stay, but if we're replacing him because he was poor in the Prem when we're a Championship club now and he can still do a better job than someone we'd pay double to replace him with we might as well keep him.

It's obviously just all ifs and buts at the moment.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

True, but new management and other fresh players could make it same club but whole different feel.

I'm not desperate for him to stay, but if we're replacing him because he was poor in the Prem when we're a Championship club now and he can still do a better job than someone we'd pay double to replace him with we might as well keep him.

It's obviously just all ifs and buts at the moment.

Time to move on, freshen up the squad. 

49 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He certainly wouldn't be a class above. I would happily take £2m to get rid of a player that has contributed nothing to us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

He was an absolute disgrace at Fulham.  Blowing out of his arse after 10 mins and should have been hooked earlier than he was.

No excuse for a top level footballer to be that unfit.  Get rid and save on the wages. £5m is a crap offer if somebody offers that amount, SELL SELL SELL! Clubs are hardly beating down the door to sign him.

Fulham was a bad day, but in his other appearances this season I wouldnt say he let us down. 

His fitness was always going to be hard to manage with such limited gametime. 

If he really wants to go, then of course we should get rid. But if theres interest from him to stay, I just think he still would have a lot to offer us.   Im not going to be sad if he leaves or stays, but im not writing him off like most people 

• Like 2

On 20/06/2023 at 12:32, mozartfox said:

Yep and we will end up paying his full salary - it’s called Rudkinomics.  You buy something you do not really need at an inflated price. It stays on your balance sheet for 4 or more years and eventually it turns out to be a total waste of money and relegates the Club. 

...it is actually depreciating every year!!!

Instead of showing it on the Balance Sheet, we had it lodged firmly as a Current Asset, and neglected to show the yearly depreciation to offset its value. In the end, when we have to take the big hit on the value of his sale, all the loss is in one year as opposed to having been spread throughout the four-year period. 

If Carlsberg did Accounting?

• Like 1

On 21/06/2023 at 19:40, Simonb said:

I like Praet but he hasn't looked settled at the club since day one. If we can get in and around the 4 to 5million bracket we should bite their hands off 

Has he ever been a regular pick? I honestly don’t know where his best position is

I've just never been a fan of spending good money on players who won't be first choice and are in their mid 20's.  €90m on the below who all came to be squad players with the possible exception of Perez but who was someone who we knew everything about as he'd been in the league for years so little chance of improving, if we get €10m back on that lot we would have done well.

Jannik Vestergaard Southampton FC Southampton €17.60m
Ayoze Pérez Newcastle United Newcastle €33.40m
Dennis Praet UC Sampdoria Sampdoria €19.20m
Danny Ward Liverpool FC Liverpool €14.00m
Rachid Ghezzal AS Monaco Monaco €14.00m
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Has he ever been a regular pick? I honestly don’t know where his best position is

..#8, going ahead of the forwards!!!

He never got the run in the team and with Youri infront of him, he would never have had the opportunity. He is too passive in his demeanour and on the pitch, he needs to use his voice more as he is never going to have the opportunity that he needs to show what he can do. 

I cannot see him changing his persona so late in the day and will always take what is offered to him, as opposed to fight for what he wants.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

On 25/06/2023 at 17:05, sacreblueits442 said:

He never got the run in the team and with Youri infront of him, he would never have had the opportunity. He is too passive in his demeanour and on the pitch, he needs to use his voice more as he is never going to have the opportunity that he needs to show what he can do. 

I cannot see him changing his persona so late in the day and will always take what is offered to him, as opposed to fight for what he wants.

On 25/06/2023 at 17:05, sacreblueits442 said:

Should keep him rather than sell him for around £3 million as a replacement of similar ability will cost twice that A good squad player.

On 25/06/2023 at 15:52, Gerard said:

I've just never been a fan of spending good money on players who won't be first choice and are in their mid 20's.  €90m on the below who all came to be squad players with the possible exception of Perez but who was someone who we knew everything about as he'd been in the league for years so little chance of improving, if we get €10m back on that lot we would have done well.

Jannik Vestergaard Southampton FC Southampton €17.60m
Ayoze Pérez Newcastle United Newcastle €33.40m
Dennis Praet UC Sampdoria Sampdoria €19.20m
Danny Ward Liverpool FC Liverpool €14.00m
Rachid Ghezzal AS Monaco Monaco €14.00m

We might as well have just stuck €100m in used notes on the bonfire. Truly abysmal business.

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 1