Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jruizc_

Dennis Praet

33 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

He’s not as bad as everyone is making out.  While it’s best for everyone if he moves on, we should still negotiate for a decent fee

There’s not exactly a queue around the block trying to sign him though so probably not got much leverage 

Presumably Praet won’t have the aggression, fitness or mentality to play Maresca-Ball, it’s not worth trying to demand too much from Torino. Let’s free up the squad place and reduce the wages even if it means him leaving almost for free.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

Genuinely no idea how anyone can dislike the guy. Barely got on the pitch unless it was a dire emergency. He just wasn't as happy as Kel was, to be treated like human garbage, I don't blame him. Hopefully we get some decent coin and he can move to a team where he will actually get a chance to play.

Didn't get a game because he is piss poor.

A very poor version of Andy King.

Move him on and accept he was yet another terrible waste of money!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Probably get about £2-3m out of Torino at the most

They only offered just over double that last summer after he had been on loan with them

Id generally rather lose him for free to another club then let those tight cvnts get him for 2 million after two years of derisory offers

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

Genuinely no idea how anyone can dislike the guy. Barely got on the pitch unless it was a dire emergency. He just wasn't as happy as Kel was, to be treated like human garbage, I don't blame him. Hopefully we get some decent coin and he can move to a team where he will actually get a chance to play.

Quite easy to understand really as he has contributed next to nothing to the team in four years! We certainly won't be getting any decent coin as there are not many takers! Just getting him off the wage bill will help.

• Like 1

They'll offer **** all, but assuming Enzo doesn't want him (don't see him fitting the pepball style), just sell and free up some wages.

All i remember him for is being indistinguishable from Mark Albrighton from a distance and having to turn to people around to ask who's coming on.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

They'll offer **** all, but assuming Enzo doesn't want him (don't see him fitting the pepball style), just sell and free up some wages.

All i remember him for is being indistinguishable from Mark Albrighton from a distance and having to turn to people around to ask who's coming on.

i wouldn’t be all that surprised to see him starting as our right wingback. Apparently enzo loves a position swap 

I've never really rated Praet but think his treatment by Rodgers and the club hasn't been the best. Bought by Rodgers and then ditched by Rodgers almost straight away. Cast out on loan and then looking to move Torino, only to be recalled and barely get a look in. A microcosm of Rodgers and Congerton's haphazard approach to transfers.

That said, cash-in ASAP. He's a very average footballer. Other than that one pass v a then-Championship side, I can't recall much else that he contributed.

• Like 1

On 17/06/2023 at 10:23, whoareyaaa said:

Never looked like he wanted to be here after he signed, I thought he would be decent but I was wrong, has done nothing in his time here.

...when he came here he knew he was going to be behind Tielemans for the #8 role!!!

He did not put his head above the parapet and failed to impose himself on the squad.

Unless he is prepared to voice his opinions and take some responsibility of what he has been asked to do, he will never fulfill his potential. 

He lacks the personality to influence or impact his surroundings. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

I feel like some of the assessments on here are a little harsh. He was decent in his first season and into the first couple of months of the following season. After that horrid injury he was basically finished with us though. We loaned him out to make way for Soumaré who was far worse in my opinion. 

• Like 4

I really thought there was a decent player in there, and I convinced myself that he just never got a fair run in the team (still true!) but, I have to admit I was wrong on this one. He just isn't very good and I suspect he is more than happy to leave too. Torino feels like his level and even there, he is unlikely to shine.