Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

You don’t go from being one of the best CDM’s to having no ability to play football. He’s still got it, it’s just that mentally, emotionally and in terms of confidence he has suffered more than most. It’s a shame. He’s a great guy. In form he is unplayable. Out of form he isn’t playable. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You don’t go from being one of the best CDM’s to having no ability to play football. He’s still got it, it’s just that mentally, emotionally and in terms of confidence he has suffered more than most. It’s a shame. He’s a great guy. In form he is unplayable. Out of form he isn’t playable. 

Ndidi had great energy, and was one the best for successful tackles/interceptions, but he was never great on the ball and successful passes, or attacking the opposition,  kante had all of those qualities, ndidi didn't, if he had he wouldn't be a leicester player now.

I thought Ndidi looked lazy/sloppy when playing and that annoyed me a lot, but i hear he's had a hard time after being ill with covid, so this makes sense, so if he can get fully fit, although he's limited he would have his uses, but it sounds like he wouldn't be a maresca type player

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Roy Hodgson's been around since the dinosaurs

Yeah, but you've got to respect his managerial ability though. Pair of diplodocus at centre back in a low block, clearing everything coming into the box in the air. Triceratops getting up and down the pitch at full back, stegosaurus making up for a lack of pace by sitting in and screening the back 4 at DM, solid a unit as you like, guaranteed clean sheets all the time. Bit crap going forward, but a 0-0 away at Jurrasic Park isn't a result to be sniffed at.

• Haha 2

Been one of my favourites , would like to see him stay , maybe the the new boss can get him back on track , I think his fall from grace was due to that crap 💩 coach we had , his name was !!!!!! That’s it RODGERS 

• Like 3

Get Rid.  Ndidi is very one dimensional.  Judging from Enzo's background we going to be playing more technically.  Think Nididi done a good job for us but time to move on, think he should focus on being a defender, as his legs and sharp thinking needed for this position is gone

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Let's not get distracted from the main point. Is Wilf capable of playing reasonable football anymore? On recent showings, he's cooked!

If he can rediscover his form and is played to just shield the defense then I can't see how he don't mop up in the championship.

Rodgers ruined him like many other players

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If he can rediscover his form and is played to just shield the defense then I can't see how he don't mop up in the championship.

Rodgers ruined him like many other players

Would be amazed if Maresca posession football caters for players with two left feet. Im not sure about ‘Rodgers ruined him’ either, played his best games between 19/20 imo

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Would be amazed if Maresca posession football caters for players with two left feet. Im not sure about ‘Rodgers ruined him’ either, played his best games between 19/20 imo

Fair but you always need a ball winner in there and that's what he's great at, in the championship he would be fine, in some of the games under Smith he was playing pretty well I thought.. I dunno no players really excelled under Rodgers.

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Fair but you always need a ball winner in there and that's what he's great at, in the championship he would be fine, in some of the games under Smith he was playing pretty well I thought.. I dunno no players really excelled under Rodgers.

Championship is a very physical demanding league that requires players with a proper engine on them and i think Ndidis legs are done tbh. Cant see him getting round the pitch anymore

• Like 2

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

Championship is a very physical demanding league that requires players with a proper engine on them and i think Ndidis legs are done tbh. Cant see him getting round the pitch anymore

lol I know its quoted he older than 26 but I don't believe that he can't get round the pitch anymore.. maybe a pre season under a different coach with different regimes might help his fitness.

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

But, do you though? It’s not a binary decision, you could get someone in there who has some of those qualities (maybe not quite as good as prime Wilf) but is 10 times better in possession than Wilf is.

I would expect us to be dominating possession in the vast majority of games next season, so arguably Wilf’s worth to us deteriorates anyway.

1 minute ago, MalletFox said:

But, do you though? It’s not a binary decision, you could get someone in there who has some of those qualities (maybe not quite as good as prime Wilf) but is 10 times better in possession than Wilf is.

I would expect us to be dominating possession in the vast majority of games next season, so arguably Wilf’s worth to us deteriorates anyway.

Soumare?

I get what your saying we are going to be dominating possession but we have been doing that since Puel started the transition so it's nothing new.