Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It's not like living in London and commuting to Leicester every day. Dubai to "wherever, Saudi" is not viable really. You have to be a particular kind of person to enjoy life in Dubai in any case, and that is even more true if you're living in Saudi. The money will obviously help but most normal people will suffer having to stay inside all day and only having the most base consumption to turn to for amusement (shopping, restaurants, that's it).

Shopping restaurants that’s it? As already stated, major sporting occasions, concerts, beach resorts……and as someone has alluded to, they can be in Asia within hours….not denying it’s a different life, but  have to say it has its good points for living….and of course international player come home every couple of months……

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

Ooh that is dodgy.  Can you move twice in a season registration wise? Or does pre-season not count?

.. I  think the problem will be, you cannot play for three different clubs in the same season!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

19 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Has an offer actually come in yet?

Probably not and no concrete offer for any of our players. The longer it goes on the bigger the problem. Why do so many on here think our players are in demand. There is no evidence of that at all.

Saw something on one of those strange football rumours website that talk in odd language about him being linked to Celtic. "Rodgers can take £75k per week gem" headline.

No doubt it's rubbish.

14 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Shopping restaurants that’s it? As already stated, major sporting occasions, concerts, beach resorts……and as someone has alluded to, they can be in Asia within hours….not denying it’s a different life, but  have to say it has its good points for living….and of course international player come home every couple of months……

Each to their own but I can’t think of anywhere worse to go on holiday … well I can, a week in co* but you get the point.

Why go on holiday to go shopping? 
I like a bit of heat, not 40, a beach and some culture, much prefer Spain, Italy or Asia than staring at tall buildings and expensive handbags.

• Like 3

On 22/06/2023 at 10:09, Jon the Hat said:

Normal people?  We are talking about millionaire footballers with access to private jets.  

Just because they're millionaires doesn't make living in a fcking shithole any nicer. You can live in the nicest mansion you'd wish for, if you can't physically go outside it still sucks. I spent part of my time growing up in Dubai for my parents work, and I can tell you it's not a fun place to be. Sure if you have money there's a thousand and one idle pleasures to debase yourself with and give into hedonism. But ultimately you're living in a soulless place. And having to spend several hours in transit for training every day would suck too, private jet or not.

However bad living in Dubai is, Saudi is 10x worse. Dubai nowadays is effectively a western country with the slavery made obvious and a thin veneer of Islam over the top. Saudi is emphatically not a western country and the stuff you can do there is even more limited.

• Like 4

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

Just because they're millionaires doesn't make living in a fcking shithole any nicer. You can live in the nicest mansion you'd wish for, if you can't physically go outside it still sucks. I spent part of my time growing up in Dubai for my parents work, and I can tell you it's not a fun place to be. Sure if you have money there's a thousand and one idle pleasures to debase yourself with and give into hedonism. But ultimately you're living in a soulless place. And having to spend several hours in transit for training every day would suck too, private jet or not.

However bad living in Dubai is, Saudi is 10x worse. Dubai nowadays is effectively a western country with the slavery made obvious and a thin veneer of Islam over the top. Saudi is emphatically not a western country and the stuff you can do there is even more limited.

I completely agree, I could never live in Dubai but have friends living the full high paid expat lifestyle of private schools, luxury homes, weekends at the 5 star hotels relaxing.  I have not visited Saudi, but I believe there is ample luxury living to be had for the well connected, and no doubt they can also live in Dubai if they choose.

• Like 1

Pretty sure N’Golo isn’t going for the shopping, nor the scenery, not even the lovely weather….it’s more about the significant dollar per day tax free he’ll be banking….oh and from memory didn’t he drive a Mini whilst at the King Power?

6 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

Pretty sure N’Golo isn’t going for the shopping, nor the scenery, not even the lovely weather….it’s more about the significant dollar per day tax free he’ll be banking….oh and from memory didn’t he drive a Mini whilst at the King Power?

Quite some rise 

CFBDDC3B-9D52-4913-9B51-6D65C7DA4D26.jpeg

9 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

That’ll be helped by playing in Europe with Spurs next season will it?

Yes 

Chelsea and spurs aren’t in europe next season - are you saying Southgate won’t pick any players from those teams ? 

EDIT: how has this ended up here ???

Edited by st albans fox

On 23/06/2023 at 07:42, Reg Vardy said:

...yeah and turned up on a scooter as well!!!

Like many others , he massively regressed under that tosspot. 

New manager with fresh ideas and a good pre season,  then he could get back to his old self a bit , which was some player.

Sell if a good offer comes in but we can't ignore how good he was and at 26 , he's good a few good years left in him

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

Like many others , he massively regressed under that tosspot. 

New manager with fresh ideas and a good pre season,  then he could get back to his old self a bit , which was some player.

Sell if a good offer comes in but we can't ignore how good he was and at 26 , he's good a few good years left in him

He is not 26 lol