Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Any idea when March games get announced? 

Going week to week now. Today - the weekend of the QPR game to be confirmed. 

@Stuntman_Mike 

Friday 1 March West Bromwich Albion v Coventry City 20:00
Saturday 2 March Huddersfield Town v Leeds United 12:30
Tuesday 5 March Ipswich Town v Bristol City 20:00
Tuesday 5 March Sheffield Wednesday v Plymouth Argyle* 19.45
Wednesday 6 March Queens Park Rangers v West Bromwich Albion 20:00
Edited by CosbehFox
  • Thanks 1

Imagine it’ll be pretty relentless in April.

I know they’re doing it week by week but would be nice if they could do Easter separately.

I’d say you can almost guarantee the Norwich game will be the Easter Monday night football. Similar with Birmingham, will be Friday night or one of the Saturday slots. 

33 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I know they’re doing it week by week but would be nice if they could do Easter separately.

I’d say you can almost guarantee the Norwich game will be the Easter Monday night football. Similar with Birmingham, will be Friday night or one of the Saturday slots. 

Leeds v Hull will be the night evening game

Our game with Norwich the early game you would think.

11 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

fully expect our game with Southampton to be moved for TV tbf, be surprised if it hasnt/isnt

It can’t be Monday as that’s international week. Surely too big a game for Sunday midday? I’m booking travel assuming it being a Friday night ko. 

28 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Leeds v Hull will be the night evening game

Our game with Norwich the early game you would think.

Don’t be silly mate, that would make sense lol 

I think they’ve had a televised 3pm in previous years but that’s often a League 1/2 game

Edited by AjcW

On 02/02/2024 at 18:52, Super_horns said:

Tuesday night trip to Bournemouth for you .

FA Cup 5th round dates (well some of them )

https://www.thefa.com/news/2024/feb/02/emirates-fa-cup-fifth-round-proper-schedule-broadcast-picks-20240202

£55,000 for clubs being shown on iplayer rather then the £125,000 for being show on normal BBC or ITV.

£125,000 is massive amount of Maidstone, add to prize money so far they will have bagged around 0.5m from their cup run.

1 minute ago, lcfcfoz said:

Fa cup quarters same date as Southampton home, so if we beat Bournemouth this will be moved 

Well spotted. I am trying to predict ahead and work out when I might need leave from work (which I am meant to book at least 6 weeks ahead). 

Tricky one, Southampton will lose to Liverpool more than likely. But I think we have half a chance v bournemouth, who play man city late on Saturday before our game. We play Leeds the Friday before so extra days rest. And they have burnely after us so could matter more to them pending results leading up to that game

8 hours ago, AjcW said:

How in advance will they announce the week by week games for April? Any chance of us being Sunday? The OH is arranging some family get together for a Sunday in April, it would be ideal a shame, if our fixtures move to Sunday, and I'm unavailable :ph34r:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

How in advance will they announce the week by week games for April? Any chance of us being Sunday? The OH is arranging some family get together for a Sunday in April, it would be ideal a shame, if our fixtures move to Sunday, and I'm unavailable :ph34r:

About a month. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Thanks 1

Yeah Saints moves if either of us make the quarters but I think with that draw, neither of us are likely to go through. We should get a date for that game in the next fortnight although no doubt they'll probably delay it because of things they already know are coming anyway like usual.

I would guess the Southampton game will be Friday night.

On 04/02/2024 at 12:55, lcfcfoz said:

Tricky one, Southampton will lose to Liverpool more than likely. But I think we have half a chance v bournemouth, who play man city late on Saturday before our game. We play Leeds the Friday before so extra days rest. And they have burnely after us so could matter more to them pending results leading up to that game

Bournemouth are a decent side, especially at home. I'd be happy if we managed to bring them back to our place, I think we'd have a better chance of beating them then.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Bournemouth are a decent side, especially at home. I'd be happy if we managed to bring them back to our place, I think we'd have a better chance of beating them then.

You'll have to wait until next season then. No replays in the FA Cup now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 04/02/2024 at 12:43, coolhandfox said:

£55,000 for clubs being shown on iplayer rather then the £125,000 for being show on normal BBC or ITV.

£125,000 is massive amount of Maidstone, add to prize money so far they will have bagged around 0.5m from their cup run.

Doesn't stretch as far as you'd think. Their chairman was saying last week the cup money would only make sure they stayed in the black this season and that they really needed a top club to make a difference. He was saying Wrexham and Stockport had 10m losses between them in their promotion seasons. Incredible for that level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

Doesn't stretch as far as you'd think. Their chairman was saying last week the cup money would only make sure they stayed in the black this season and that they really needed a top club to make a difference. He was saying Wrexham and Stockport had 10m losses between them in their promotion seasons. Incredible for that level.

Madness. And then we bang on about fa cup replays being the lifeblood to smaller clubs because that could get an amazing chance to welcome a £75k a week premier league bench player to their ground for £55k tv money. Scrap pointless replays, give all fa cup earnings to ‘smaller’ clubs 

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Madness. And then we bang on about fa cup replays being the lifeblood to smaller clubs because that could get an amazing chance to welcome a £75k a week premier league bench player to their ground for £55k tv money. Scrap pointless replays, give all fa cup earnings to ‘smaller’ clubs 

I wouldn't be against a seeded FA Cup draw either and giving the lower placed club the option of being home or away to either maximise their gate receipts or chances of progress.

5 hours ago, iancognito said:

I wouldn't be against a seeded FA Cup draw either and giving the lower placed club the option of being home or away to either maximise their gate receipts or chances of progress.

Agree in theory . Problem is they’ll all get smashed by the bigger teams and you won’t get a chance of seeing a smaller team sh1t house their way to a 5th round by playing port vale, Mansfield at home etc. Just give these teams the cup money. If PL clubs can pay 3rd choice keepers £50k a week we can shame them into funding the ‘lifeblood’ of the game surely