Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

5 hours ago, Buzzell said:

’m actually surprised he’s turned down a move to Saudi Arabia. The money he would make there would be incredible.

True, but his wages at City are more than enough to cover his wife's legal costs in 'wagatha' and still enjoy a comfortable lifestyle... 

Little chance he will move so I hope he can stay fit at least. I guess the new doctor when appointed can only improve matters:)

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Agents trying to get involved in the Saudi payday’s even though Vardy doesn’t want to move there?

Can you blame them? If I was an agent I would be sending proposals to all my players from Saudi, imagine the agent fee’s they’ll get! 

10 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Pls stay, Vardy.  Top - pls continue to pay his PL salary. He is a club legend and he has turned down more money before to stay with us. Show him some loyalty and respect.

Horrendous take, Vards is on like 130k/ week, we're in the championship, we'll be lucky to have him play half of our games

• Like 2

Just now, LFox99 said:

Horrendous take, Vards is on like 130k/ week, we're in the championship, we'll be lucky to have him play half of our games

Isn't that pre the 30-50% cut? Obvs still a lot but not 100k+

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Genuine question but could vardy even play in the states? 

Doesn’t he have a criminal record for battering a guy who bullied his deaf mate? 

Did that take place in the States though? 

21 minutes ago, Iran said:

Did that take place in the States though? 

Nope but usually any criminal conviction isnt even allowed in the country, nevermind get a work visa. 

But im sure the rich are given an exception to the rule everyone else follows 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Pls stay, Vardy.  Top - pls continue to pay his PL salary. He is a club legend and he has turned down more money before to stay with us. Show him some loyalty and respect.

We are not exactly in FFP's good books right now, and his wages are far too high. I've not seen anything to suggest he will stay on a lower wage, and who'd want to move to Saudi Arabia anyway? 

The GOAT he may be, but Vardy is sadly now in an accelerating decline, and is not worthy of a £140k/week salary in anyone's books. Either take the pay cut that should be taken, or he needs to move on.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LFox99 said:

I think it is worth something to keep some of our winning legacy into the new bunch of players.

12 hours ago, bmt said:

Isn't that pre the 30-50% cut? Obvs still a lot but not 100k+

People keep coming out with this. 

We don't actually know that every single player had a reduction clause in their contract and how much that reduction is. It's probably a little bit overly optimistic to think every single player had their salary slashed. 

I can well believe the guys like VK, Faes and Souttar have significant clauses because it was a serious looming danger and we had a strong bargaining power when negotiating with them given they were all taking a considerable step up in level and wages.

Not sure I believe Vards would have so readily signed off on such a massive reduction as our talismanic record scorer. Wouldn't surprise me if he still earns near as makes no difference 100k, especially if he's got performance bonuses in there. 

He'll be a big cost. The club really might have to consider selling him if am offer is good. There is, however, surely next to no chance a Turkish club is going to pay him that kinda wedge so it's probably rubbish all the same. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

We don't actually know that every single player had a reduction clause in their contract and how much that reduction is. It's probably a little bit overly optimistic to think every single player had their salary slashed. 

I can well believe the guys like VK, Faes and Souttar have significant clauses because it was a serious looming danger and we had a strong bargaining power when negotiating with them given they were all taking a considerable step up in level and wages.

Not sure I believe Vards would have so readily signed off on such a massive reduction as our talismanic record scorer. Wouldn't surprise me if he still earns near as makes no difference 100k, especially if he's got performance bonuses in there. 

He'll be a big cost. The club really might have to consider selling him if am offer is good. There is, however, surely next to no chance a Turkish club is going to pay him that kinda wedge so it's probably rubbish all the same. 

If Maddison had a 50% reduction clause as Percy said then I wouldn’t be surprised if all of the rest had a reduction clause of some kind including Vardy

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You may well be right, but there will definitely be some sort of provision for relegation. Still very expensive I agree.

We should judge it when they've had some pre-season. If he's going to be able to make a major difference it may not be worth moving him on (as we may still have to pick up some of his wage).

40 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

If Maddison had a 50% reduction clause as Percy said then I wouldn’t be surprised if all of the rest had a reduction clause of some kind including Vardy

And equally if they didn't have clauses I think we'd be seeing more of a fire sale and virtually no money spent, which wer'e not.

• Like 3