Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Vardy

Do we think the club is offering him around a bit for a small fee?

I don't doubt Vardy wants to stay, but I guess even with a wage reduction he'll be on £80k/week + so you can see the club wanting to get him off the wage bill. He'll be on more than double the highest earner in the Championship last year.

I'm torn on it to be honest - I want a complete refresh but I also think Vardy could do well for us this season if he's fit and hungry. I suppose it depends on the budget, the way we are looking to play and how he's feeling in himself.

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

He doesn't owe us anything at all but if he's going to leave, I'd much rather it was to either Wednesday or abroad. Or stay for a season, get us up and call it a day.

A move to Wednesday would have to have a clause in where he’s not allowed to face us. I don’t think I’d cope :cry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Interesting one this. Not everyone within the club is on the same page when it comes to Vards. The “GOAT” cap he wore to report back to pre-season was an indirect message. Someone is shopping him about and I don’t think he’s particularly pleased about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Interesting one this. Not everyone within the club is on the same page when it comes to Vards. The “GOAT” cap he wore to report back to pre-season was an indirect message. Someone is shopping him about and I don’t think he’s particularly pleased about it. 

Rudkin’s doing?

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

An invented or speculated narrative or you're ITK? 

Football transfer rumours: Liverpool to land Colwill and lose Henderson? | Transfer window | The Guardian

Everton already have 38-year-old Ashley Young lined up, so the naturally next step for Sean Dyche would be to get 36-year-old Jamie Vardy to join him. The striker might be considering his options after being relegated to the Championship with Leicester, so would consider one last Premier League hurrah at Goodison Park. Another striking option for the Toffees is Moussa Dembélé, who is available on a free after leaving Lyon in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Football transfer rumours: Liverpool to land Colwill and lose Henderson? | Transfer window | The Guardian

Everton already have 38-year-old Ashley Young lined up, so the naturally next step for Sean Dyche would be to get 36-year-old Jamie Vardy to join him. The striker might be considering his options after being relegated to the Championship with Leicester, so would consider one last Premier League hurrah at Goodison Park. Another striking option for the Toffees is Moussa Dembélé, who is available on a free after leaving Lyon in the summer.

no disrespect to Vardy but Everton should be going for Dembele